• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What ruins a Tickling Story for you?

COOLCAT88

TMF Master
As we have several threads on things that ruin video clips, surely there must be something in Tickling Stories that you don't like?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

When someone decides that tickle fiction must be a literary masterpiece. And so 88 fucking paragraphs are written b4 any tickling ever even happens. Or the story is going great then ends after 4 fucking paragraphs. Also M/M. Also everybody wanting to post a goddamn prelude THEN tickling days weeks or even months later.

Sent from my SM-A015T1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority, but I tend to stray away from stories that don't get me invested in the characters and story first. Some writers are talented enough to jump into the tickling action and develop the characters and build the world while it's happening, but it is rare. I say I'm probably in the minority because I'd be an idiot to not know why many of us read tickling stories to begin with. But, for me, I enjoy good storytelling and I get more into the tickling action when I'm invested in the story and characters. So, I'm one of the few that prefers when a writer takes their time. Granted the payoff has to be worth it as well. I typically navigate away when the story is just a tickling scene and nothing more.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

When someone decides that tickle fiction must be a literary masterpiece. And so 88 fucking paragraphs are written b4 any tickling ever even happens.

Thank you! Yes, I can't stand that either. I don't want to jump into things right away, mind you. Build up the characters and situation. But creating an entire fantasy world to rival that of Lord of the Rings? With multiple scenes of detailed character development and political history? Now's not the time.

I also want to add that I can't stand it when the lee is abducted, told they will never see their family or friends again, tickled mercilessly despite pleading desperately for mercy, and then at the end of the story, she (or he) actually really loved it and decides to stay for more. That's just.....yeesh.

I like it when the Lee's are too ticklish to hate it or get upset. They're so ticklish it turns them on.

Thank you! Yes, I can't stand that either. I don't want to jump into things right away, mind you. Build up the characters and situation. But creating an entire fantasy world to rival that of Lord of the Rings? With multiple scenes of detailed character development and political history? Now's not the time.

I also want to add that I can't stand it when the lee is abducted, told they will never see their family or friends again, tickled mercilessly despite pleading desperately for mercy, and then at the end of the story, she (or he) actually really loved it and decides to stay for more. That's just.....yeesh.

Well, at least I know you won't read any of my works....

Actually, it is sentiments like this and some others in this thread I find insulting. A writer can spend HOURS, DAYS, and even MONTHS writing a story because they want to draw you in and get invested into the characters. To make the tickling make sense. The written word is an art. Any person can just write someone getting tickled. But, when you can read something where you can get drawn in, the tickling actually is better. Tickling can be an intimate thing. Stories are different than videos. Stories depend on words to create a picture and draw you in.

So, just like with videos, some folks don't have long enough attention spans to read and just want a quick jack-off medium. I get that. Nothing wrong with it. If that is the only way you can get off, so be it. No one cares. But to insult writers who take the time to create a work of art, well, that is just fucked up and insulting. Yes, I take this thread personally because I am a writer and I spend an inordinate amount of time creating characters that people can relate to and have the tickling seem more vivid. The series I am writing now has consumed many hours, days and months of my life to entertain folks, so to hear that people "hate" these types of works because they are creating a "world", well, is very insulting. If you don't like it, that's your prerogative. But why complain about it? Just letting you folks know that. Have more respect for the sheer amount of work folks like myself and many other talented writers put into creating stories. We don't get paid for our works. AT ALL. It is truly a passion to share stories with others. Respect that.

Some backstory yeah but this isn't a Newberry Award Contest. I read for the TICKLING. An endless ocean of paragraphs before anything happens is too extra. But honestly Primetime your stories dont go on too long.

When the genders of the ler and lee aren’t labelled in the story’s title, and you start reading it and it’s yet ANOTHER /F story. Instant turn off.

Similar to Primetime, I am someone who likes to take as much time as is required to develop compelling characters and a scenario in which the action can take place in an authentic way. Realism is key for me otherwise the story doesn’t connect. My first audience member is always myself – if I don’t enjoy it, it won’t work on any level. Thankfully, it turns out that there are people who like the story style of teasing, anticipatory longer build-ups and they ask me to write stories for them specifically because of that.

I agree that if there is a long build-up that there should be a sufficiently long action sequence to justify it, otherwise you are short-changing the reader.

From my own personal standpoint, basic errors in spelling, grammar and story structure will turn me off. It indicates a lack of care and, contrary to the beliefs of some, I like to know the writer cares about his work enough to make it the best it can be.

Also, I will scroll through a story before I read it, and if I see several lines of,“BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!”, “HEEHEEHEEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEEHEE!!!”, or, “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HO—HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!!!” I will move on. As a writer I will occasionally indicate laughing within the speech of characters, but relying on it completely doesn’t adequately convey what I want. This is the challenge for all writers: how to make your character’s reactions distinct from every other character who has been tickled in a story. It’s not easy!

I am interested to hear the opinions and constructive feedback of others, which is why I urge people to comment and have occasionally posted polls for story readers to respond to. However, I will only accept criticism from people with a grasp of manners and common decency – if you can’t express yourself genuinely, politely, without the unnecessary use of aggression (I haven’t, as far as I’m aware, caused the death of your entire family – I write tickling stories for fun!), and without the use of expletives in every other sentence, you (might) understand why I don’t respect your critical faculties! :D

As we have several threads on things that ruin video clips, surely there must be something in Tickling Stories that you don't like?

Can I ask, what makes you ask this?

Well, at least I know you won't read any of my works....

Actually, it is sentiments like this and some others in this thread I find insulting. A writer can spend HOURS, DAYS, and even MONTHS writing a story because they want to draw you in and get invested into the characters. To make the tickling make sense. The written word is an art. Any person can just write someone getting tickled. But, when you can read something where you can get drawn in, the tickling actually is better. Tickling can be an intimate thing. Stories are different than videos. Stories depend on words to create a picture and draw you in.

So, just like with videos, some folks don't have long enough attention spans to read and just want a quick jack-off medium. I get that. Nothing wrong with it. If that is the only way you can get off, so be it. No one cares. But to insult writers who take the time to create a work of art, well, that is just fucked up and insulting. Yes, I take this thread personally because I am a writer and I spend an inordinate amount of time creating characters that people can relate to and have the tickling seem more vivid. The series I am writing now has consumed many hours, days and months of my life to entertain folks, so to hear that people "hate" these types of works because they are creating a "world", well, is very insulting. If you don't like it, that's your prerogative. But why complain about it? Just letting you folks know that. Have more respect for the sheer amount of work folks like myself and many other talented writers put into creating stories. We don't get paid for our works. AT ALL. It is truly a passion to share stories with others. Respect that.

Nah, I just skim through to get the basic information on who these characters are and then just enjoy the rest.

As for the rest of your post:

I'm a writer, too. Both tickling fiction way back in the day on this site and non-fetish fiction. People aren't always going to like the types of stories you write. People aren't always going to like certain aspects of your work, or your writing style, or the amount of time (or lack thereof) spent on buildup.

That's part of writing. Not everybody likes everything you do. You can't take it all as a personal insult just because you worked hard on it. Sometimes your work gets a bad critique or review. Just because they didn't like something you wrote doesn't mean they spit in your face and called you names.

This goes double for when someone isn't even talking about your work, but just a thing in general they don't like about a certain genre of work. See my earlier post.

Genuinely non-consensual situations are a turn-off for me. When a person desires to be tickled, but is also terrified of the prospect, and someone comes in and makes the decision for them is very hot, but a person who truly hates being tickled and gets no pleasure from it is not at all good.

Nah, I just skim through to get the basic information on who these characters are and then just enjoy the rest.

As for the rest of your post:

I'm a writer, too. Both tickling fiction way back in the day on this site and non-fetish fiction. People aren't always going to like the types of stories you write. People aren't always going to like certain aspects of your work, or your writing style, or the amount of time (or lack thereof) spent on buildup.

That's part of writing. Not everybody likes everything you do. You can't take it all as a personal insult just because you worked hard on it. Sometimes your work gets a bad critique or review. Just because they didn't like something you wrote doesn't mean they spit in your face and called you names.

This goes double for when someone isn't even talking about your work, but just a thing in general they don't like about a certain genre of work. See my earlier post.

Not quite. Your critique is about character development and world building. That's what stories do. The best written ones are those that can take you into another world and you feel that this "world" could happen. That's what ANY classic literature does. Like Tamira indicated, the key is to have the tickling scene payoff to the reader to justify all the character development. But that's not your critique. Your critique is about the character building itself. Character building is very important to draw in a reader. So if someone goes through the length of building characters to give them distinct personalities and characteristics, that is something that shouldn't "ruin" a story for you.

Is that what your true complaint is? The long character development sections do not lead into a satisfactory ticking scene?

I take it personally because you are slamming character development. Newsflash, I take a considerable amount of time developing characters. Another newsflash, just because YOU give a critique, doesn't mean I can't critique YOU back. It goes both ways. I defend ALL writers and their styles. I may not be a fan of certain plotlines, content, etc, but I am not going to complain about it in a thread that is meant to insult people's work. Bad grammar, incoherence, etc, those are more of a critique that can ruin a story. Character development, which is absolutely critical in a STORY, (as a writer you should know this) as a reason to have a story "ruined" for you, seems kind of odd. And I don't complain about tickling videos either. Why? Because that producer/model did what they liked. Was I fan? Maybe, maybe not. Different styles for different people. But that person did the best they could and unless the content itself was bad (illegal acts for example), then who am I to complain?

I don't get why people can't have an opinion. I also don't get why creators can't take criticism. That's life when you submit work online. But it's extra odd to assert that something is personally about you when it's not.

I don't get why people can't have an opinion. I also don't get why creators can't take criticism. That's life when you submit work online. But it's extra odd to assert that something is personally about you when it's not.

No, it is more about what that critique is. How can character development be something that ruins a story? That's like saying having a live human being in a TV show and speaking ruins that TV show. Notice I did not comment on the second item that was posted in that critique. Because that is more of a content critique. My gripe is that the complaint is about the character development aspect of it. Oh, and I never said that their critique was about my stories, it is about a technique that I often employ in my work. I am defending everyone that does that.

Oh, and just because YOU have an opinion, doesn't mean that I can't respond to that opinion either. So creators of content are supposed to just see/hear/read criticism and not respond? Not quite. Creators have every right to defend their work if they feel said opinion is wrong. It does not swing just one way. Isn't it ironic that you are supportive about someone having the right to have an opinion, but if one is given back, that's a problem? Just like all tickle video companies that defend their work, they have the absolute right to do it. Someone's opinion can be challenged.

You sound upset, you shouldn't let people hurt you so easily.

Many reading here are trying to get off. You are taking it to heart in a very interesting way and I think you overvalued your work here.

You sound upset and like you are taking this to heart. You shouldn't let people hurt you so easily.

No, I am upset over this kind of thread. Just like the threads whining about "fakeness in videos" and things they hate in videos. Basically, I am going to complain about people complaining. After all, you sound like someone who is taking my posts to heart. You shouldn't let people bother you giving their responses to something. See how that works?

I will pray for you

And I will pray that you understand the point. Just because you give a critique doesn't mean your critique can't be responded to. Go my child. Pray for your understanding.

I now know whose stories to absolutely SKIP OVER

And yet, I am not bothered by that. At all. Just because you want to miss out on some truly great writing, that's your prerogative. There are many others who do love my work. There are many others who do love stories on this forum from many great and talented writers. The issue is why a create a thread to "whine and complain"? The simple fact that I am responding to said criticism is quite telling of you. "Don't complain about me complaining" is your mindset apparently.

Any creator has the right to push back on threads designed to complain about other creators' hard work. Just like the ridiculous "what do you hate about tickling clips", content creators will take offense because those threads are never about true constructive feedback, they are designed for people to bitch and moan, just like many other forums all across social media. Yet, when someone pushes back against their "complaints", they get all upset, wondering why someone would dare push back against their complaints, which misses the irony of the entire situation.

Get it yet?

My least favorite things in stories are when they feature animals, bugs, family members, or minors (whether they are fictional characters or not.)

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back