• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Different People, Same Name, Same Shitty Personality

Skipadeedoodah

Verified
Hello friends!

I'm curious if anyone finds any similarities in how they build relationships with people with certain names. For example, I have had bad relationships with every single person I've ever met named Rachel - at one point or another. Sometimes I start out really liking them and end up disliking them. Sometimes I start out disliking them and they grow on me. Sometimes I just hate them forever. But legit I have never met a Rachel I liked beginning, middle, and end.

What names have you found to belong to consistently shitty (or consistently great) people?

Oh this is really interesting. I haven’t been paying attention to patterns, but I will say that I’ve met the SAME person several times who just changed their username or made a new account, or a new VPN, and they think they are in the clear but after small conversation I can immediately tell who it is and I still dislike them as they haven’t changed and are still an ass. So, there’s that. Doesn’t answer your question, but it’s in the ballpark.

Strangely, this is the case for me as well from time to time.

I have NEVER met a Steve whom didn't act like a straight up moron, misogynist, or racist, or homophobe, or ALL OF THE ABOVE. Every single Steve/ Steven whom I have ever had the distasteful dishonor of running in to has had these same peculiar afflictions. Must be short man syndrome. And I don't mean height, either.

Equally strange, I've met a lot of Davids whom I have pretty much liked throughout my life. At least 2 of them I have loved at one point or another.

I have always hung out with/ befriended men much more than women, so I don't have any female names that are like that for me.

Interesting.

Meh, names are names. They don't tell you anything about a person's personality I feel. You have to get to know them and figure out who they are, what they want, and can you build a relationship with them?

Oh I totally agree that there's no MERIT to it LOL Just a funny pattern I picked up on over the years :) But yes, definitely don't judge a person by their name.

However, I will also say, that when I sat down for my first interview for grad school and found out the interviewer was Rachel, I knew immediately I would be rejected. I was. Definitely because it was a Rachel. They don't like me either LOL

Meh, names are names. They don't tell you anything about a person's personality I feel. You have to get to know them and figure out who they
are, what they want, and can you build a relationship with them?

The one person I knew well named Rachel was the live-in girlfriend and then the wife of my best friend in graduate school (1972 to 1976). She was a selfish, immature, toxic person. I was happy for my friend's sake when their divorce became final in 1978.

Everyone I've ever known named Preston seems to be a prick. Not saying that applies to everyone named Preston, just the ones I've met.

If I meet someone named Chad I tend to assume they also wear Axe Body Spray, wear sunglasses inside and never shut up about cross-fit.

On a related topic: It seems like a lot of people who drive Dodge Chargers drive like assholes. Using the logic "you can tell a lot about a person by the way they drive." I'm not saying everyone who drives a Dodge Charger is an asshole. But if I had to guess, they probably are.

Karen has become the popular term for a woman that nags people over dumb things, but basically all of the Karens I've known have been really nice.

Two names for me Valerie and Jordan/Jordyn. long story on both. Valerie hurts more because she's my cousin. I detest both names. Sorry to those reading this with those names

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back