• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

RECALLS: Salmonella, mislabeled food, unsafe lead content. Also Coppertone & Volvo..

FrenzyTickles

TMF Master
RECALLS: Salmonella, mislabeled food, unsafe lead content. Also Coppertone & Volvo..

...Is there a SAFE lead level in food??? :shock: And I thought I was just generally being extra stupid post-COVID...

(I'd rather not take up more space, these buzzkill articles become outdated fast -- ALL those recalls are in the article/link below! )

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/salmonella-outbreak-mislabeled-food-unsafe-155928972.html

USA TODAY
Salmonella outbreak, mislabeled food and unsafe levels of lead prompt food recalls
Bailey Schulz, USA TODAY
Sat, October 9, 2021, 11:59 AM

Grocery shoppers, beware: a number of recalls have been announced in recent days on seafood, crackers and canned beef with gravy.

Shoppers should be on the lookout for some products from
Northeast Seafood Products (which has distributed seafood products linked to a salmonella outbreak),
Simple Mills (which is warning consumers of a packaging mistake that could lead to severe allergic reactions) and
Crider Foods (which issued a recalled for canned beef with gravy after discovering it may have been contaminated with unsafe levels of lead).

Health officials urge consumers who have purchased any of these recalled products to throw them away or return them.

Italian meat recall: 862,000 pounds of salami, prosciutto recalled for possible salmonella

Salmonella outbreak linked to various seafood products

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced a food safety alert Friday related to a salmonella outbreak linked to seafood.

Seafood distributed by Denver, Colorado-based Northeast Seafood Products has been recalled. The products had been sold at seafood counters in Albertsons, Safeway and Sprouts grocery stores in Colorado and include haddock, monkfish, bone-in trout, grouper, red snapper, red rock cod, ocean perch, pacific cod, halibut, coho salmon, Atlantic salmon portions, lane snapper, tilapia, all-natural salmon fillet, Pacific sole, and farm-raised striped bass.

The products were distributed fresh but may have been frozen by businesses or consumers, according to the CDC.

The outbreak has so far resulted in more than 100 illnesses and 19 hospitalizations in 14 states: Colorado, Washington, Wyoming, Arizona, Texas, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Virginia, New Jersey and Connecticut. The majority of cases have been in Colorado.

Salmonella symptoms can include diarrhea, fever and stomach cramps. Symptoms usually start six hours to six days after ingesting the bacteria.

Most people can recover without treatment after four to seven days, but some – especially children under 5 and adults 65 and older or those with weakened immune systems – may require medical treatment or hospitalization.

Salmonella outbreak more than doubles: CDC identifies potential source

Simple Mills Fine Ground Sea Salt Almond Flour Crackers

Simple Mills has issued a voluntary recall of its Fine Ground Sea Salt Almond Flour Cracker boxes after discovering they had been packaged with bags of Farmhouse Cheddar Almond Flour Crackers.

The boxes do not warn consumers of the presence of milk, a potential allergen that can lead to a serious or life-threatening allergic reaction.

The product’s UPC number is 856069005131 with best-by dates between Feb. 12 and Feb. 15 and was sold as an individual box or a three- or six-pack of 4.25 oz boxes.

Impacted retailers – which include Walmart, Target, Kroger, Publix and Sprouts – have been notified and are removing the product from their warehouses, distribution centers and stores, Simple Mills said. As of Oct. 7, there has been one report of a consumer experiencing mild symptoms.

Those who have purchased the impacted product can contact Simple Mills at [email protected] or (312) 410-8414 Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST and Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. CST.

Sunscreen recall 2021: Coppertone recalling select spray sunscreens due to presence of benzene

Crider Foods canned beef with gravy

Georgia-based Crider Foods has recalled more than 525,000 pounds of canned beef with gravy products that may be contaminated with unsafe levels of lead from a spice mix sourced by an outside supplier, according to a Friday notice from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Products were shipped to stores nationwide. There have so far been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions to the product.

Recalled items include 12 oz cans of roast beef and gravy with best-buy dates of Oct. 22 and March 15, 2023 from Hargis House, Clovery Valley, Hostess, Laura Lynn, Amour and Harvest Creek.

Recalled products have the establishment number “EST. 31812” on the can.

Volvo recalls older cars: Air bag inflators can explode. (Oh fun! :rolleyes: Making life more interesting... )

Follow USA TODAY reporter Bailey Schulz on Twitter: @bailey_schulz.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Food recalls: Seafood, crackers and canned beef with gravy

Last edited:
OH SHIT! My Mom had shrimp tacos at Chili's in NY state yesterday. I hope she's gonna be okay. :(

She's probably fine! :eek: I didn't see shrimp or NY listed and even if they were, I'd think the restaurants need to be extra careful with recalls!

Last edited:
What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back