• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Good news and bad news

isabeau

Level of Double Diamond Feather
The good news is that although the series Ray Donovan was canceled in 2020, leaving the entire last season up for grabs with no ending, a two hour movie will premiere on Showtime. yippee

The bad news is that Damian Lewis will not be returning as Axelrod on the new season of Billions...boo hiss that means no more Dollar Bill or McFee since they loyally left when his company was taken over by a total creep....Billions will not be the same without Chuck Rhoades's sp? nemesis Bobby Axelrod...loved and hated that character...he made Billions, although i will say that Paul Giamati made Billions as well...

Well this thread made a major impact i can see..lol...perhaps i should have started a thread about the pros and cons of....you fill in the blank.

Nothin' against your likes, maybe no one here watches that show (or maybe just not so important to them)? Hell, I have no idea what's on out there.... I don't have any say in what is watched on our TV, and even then, of the 300 channels I have on my system, only maybe 5 or so are ever watched. Life...

I've never watched the show, but I'm familiar with Damian Lewis. In a weird sort of way, he looks like he could be the cousin of Anthony Michael Hall.

Well the "Ray Donovan, the Movie" sucked major ass...ugh what a disappointment...

I'm binge watching the HBO series "Oz" again in the evenings...never tire of that series.

I'm binge watching the HBO series "Oz" again in the evenings...never tire of that series.

(In my best American accent) "Now we're talkin', lady" :cool:

Oz is my absolute favorite series of all time. I think I watched the whole 6 seasons four or five times in my life. It is so incredible in terms of acting, realism, violence, poetry (NOT talking about the "Poet" character :p), sociology, philosophy, politics and writing :xpulcy: Every single episode was gut-wrenching sad, hilariously funny and edge-of-your-seat suspenseful all at the same time. The best thing ever on television.

The Sopranos are often credited for ushering in the era of "continous plot-realistic antiheroes-dark humor" modern television, but it is actually Oz that did this two years prior when it first aired in 1997.

Glad to count you amongst "one of us"! :D

Yes indeed i am one of *us* lol....what is terribly funny or perhaps not was when Oz first aired back in the late nineties...i tried to watch it, but got turned off by what i then considered too much violence...the crucifixion scene comes to mind...however now i absolutely love this series and the violence is tame to what i've seen in movies and mini series since then.

If i could name a favorite character, it would take as long as it would take to watch an episode, lol however three of the characters that i loved to hate were Adibisi ( except during his finding his *father* or culture time sequence), Schillinger, (J.K. Simmons is one of my all time favorite actors) and Governor Devlin...those three i love to hate...Adibisi and Schillinger had some positive traits, but Devlin not one iota of decency, just like a true politician.

Yes indeed i am one of *us* lol....what is terribly funny or perhaps not was when Oz first aired back in the late nineties...i tried to watch it, but got turned off by what i then considered too much violence...the crucifixion scene comes to mind...however now i absolutely love this series and the violence is tame to what i've seen in movies and mini series since then.

If i could name a favorite character, it would take as long as it would take to watch an episode, lol however three of the characters that i loved to hate were Adibisi ( except during his finding his *father* or culture time sequence), Schillinger, (J.K. Simmons is one of my all time favorite actors) and Governor Devlin...those three i love to hate...Adibisi and Schillinger had some positive traits, but Devlin not one iota of decency, just like a true politician.

Hehe, the crucifixion scene... I remember back when I originally saw it, thinking I had never seen something like this on TV. It was even before 24 and other such shows. It did not make me sick at all though: I have very little compassion for child molesters. For once, I even would say that Schillinger did something good in his life, sort of :D

Oz is very good at creating "love to hate" characters such as Schillinger, I agree with you wholeheartedly. My wife has a crush on Alvarez, but my all-time favorite is Ryan O'Reilly, for his intelligence. I am always baffled by his capacity to turn the most desperate situations in his favor. And Beecher for his evolution, probably the character who goes through the most changes throughout the course of the show.

All yes Alvarez poor guy shanked so many times, even when he first arrived lol...Ryan O Reilly ya he's cool, but i liked his brother better and still feel today it was wrong to put him to death...

On the subject of this thread...Billions has turned out to be an utter failure, IMHO....quit watching it...

Looking forward to the Uber mini series, and Outlander in March...

Still binge watching Oz, hate when Said sp? gets killed...loved the guy...

Speaking of J.K. Simmons, hoping he gets the oscar for Meeting the Ricardo's...didn't see it, but can just picture him as Fred Mertz..he is quite the actor and one of my all time favs.

What's New

4/23/2024
Visit the TMF Welcome Forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back