• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Snowstorm Potential Friday Night Into Saturday

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
While it is of course four to five days away.

According to

www.weather.com.

There is a potential for what seems like a significant snow storm for NYC from Friday Night into Saturday.

According to the forecast.

Three to five inches of snow is supposed to fall Friday night, and three to five additional inches is supposed to fall on Saturday.

While one can discount such a forecast this far away.

I can remember times in the past several years,

Including with the record setting blizzard on my 46th Birthday on January 23, 2016

Where heavy snow was forecast at least several days away, and the forecast turned out to be absolutely correct.

This storm will at least bear watching.

I hope you and everyone else in that area stays safe.

(also, happy belated birthday!)

You're welcome , Jack.

I'm the forum 's resident weather forecaster, especially in regard to snowstorms, lol

I find that most weather predictions don't come true....last weekend, a week ago that is, we were prepared for eight inches between sunday and monday...we got perhaps three total..so i take weather predictions with a grain of salt....get it? salt? melting ice? lol

Izzy, the only one that I remember came true 100%

You may remember that NYC had a record settting blizzard on my birthday, January 23, 2016, at which time, two to two and a half feet of snow fell in NYC. the forecasters predicted that storm absolutely correctly.

I know that this current storm , if it comes as predicted, is 3 to 4 days away, and a lot can change,.

I just posted what I've been hearing until now.

We will see what develops with this story

You're welcome , Jack.

I'm the forum 's resident weather forecaster, especially in regard to snowstorms, lol

When are you going to retire and move down south? Florida... Texas... Nevada... Arizona. All the crazy people aside from you that live in these cold-weather climates with snow and sub-zero temperatures forget that they don't have to live there. There's a better way to live! And now that everybody is either working from home or doesn't want to work (preferring to survive on government handouts), you can basically "live" wherever you want to.

Just think of it... "Miami Mitch"! Has a nice ring to it. :D

LOL

For right now, I'm here, as for what the future holds, we will see.

Anyhow, and now back to the TMF weather.

It looks as if at least 5 to 8 inches will fall during the day on Saturday, with other snow Friday night, and Saturday night.

If the totals add up correctly, it seems like this will be a storm of one foot or more.

They seem fairly certain that this will be a significant storm.

We will see how this plays out

Winter Storm Watches as far as Central NJ for 6 to 12 inches of snow.

So far none in NYC yet, but that will probably be a matter of time.

If such watches and such totals end up in this area, it will definitely be a formidable storm.

Well as expected, here it is.

Winter Storm Watch has just been issued for Queens, NY where I live, for 6 to 12 inches of snow, from 7 pm Friday night, to 7 pm Saturday night.

Temps are going to be very cold during this storm, so if the forecast is correct and everything comes together, anything that does fall, will be snow.

NYC is still under a Winte Storm Watch at 3pm Eastern.

www.weather.com.

Seem to be wavering between a 3 to 6 and 6 to 12 inch snowfall, with the higher totals to the East.

Such would mean that my area in Queens would seem to be right on the border.

So far, the forecast seems to be right on the money this since storm watch was issued.

Now we will see if there are any last minute changes.

36 to 48 hours away, leaves a lot of room for change

There is now a Winter Storm Warning for NYC on www.weather.com.

The forecast where I ,live is for 6 to 9 inches.

However, slightly East of me, a bit further out on Long Island, there is supposed to be well more than a foot of snow.

I dont think they know exactly what is going to happen, depending on the track of the storm.

If the forecast does hold true, this certainly looks to be a significant snowstorm.

WABC TV in NYC is saying 6 to 12 inches.

Considering that Long Island seems to be forecast to have more than 12 inches, it would seem that from East to West across the city itself, the totals would be based on what part of the city one is in, with the Western part of the city less, and the Eastern part of the city more

The latest forecast for Queens NY on www.weather. com is now saying 7 to 10 inches across Queens.

General forecast maps on most local NYC TV stations are saying 6 to 12 inches, with higher amounts further East on Long Island of well over one foot or more.

Supposedly the storm is forming off the coast, and snow will start later this evening, toward midnight.

We will see what comes of this.

For those with an inquiring mind, I think this may be what meteorologists call a "bomb cyclone". This one, apparently started as two different storms - one in the northwest, one offshore - that went on a date off the Carolinas and became one. It then moved up the coast, being fed by warm currents of the Gulf Stream (apparently a bit warmer right now than usual), which fueled the low pressure of the system (think hurricanes, although you Northerners may not know much about that). If the pressure drops by more than a certain amount in 24 hrs, you get the "bomb cyclone", not something you want. How bad it will be depends on how far off shore the center is - which is why the east parts of NYC are forecast to have more snow than to the west. Just hope the center decides to take a turn to the east (more offshore). Good luck to you's guys up that way (down here we're just gettin' the cold air).

I agree with what you said, rd.

Speaking of NYC.

Precip has just started here, but something interesting is happening.

As the storm is coming in from off the coast, it looks like rain, or a rain snow mix, and the temp is just above freezing

The temp is supposed to drop into the lower 20s. Depending on how quickly that happens, it will then change to heavy snow.

I also hear something hitting my window, which means it is likely not all snow, but more likely is a snow/sleet/rain mix

It looks like a very big storm, and precip is supposed to fall until early afternoon tomorrow.

We will see what the final snow totals are

Hey Mitchell! Can you check the weather for those of us in the Phoenix, AZ area? I’m getting concerned….

Hey Mitchell! Can you check the weather for those of us in the Phoenix, AZ area? I’m getting concerned….

Thoughts and prayers to those in Phoenix! There could be some CLOUDS in the next few days! Look at that forecast! :shock: It's a few degrees cooler here in Vegas. I hope we make it! (I lived in Cave Creek/Scottsdale for a few months last spring for work. Loved the weather.)
PHOENIX.jpg

Our snowfall total has now increased from 6 to 9 up to 8 to 12 inches. The storm is making it's way in from the coast now. Something tells me that the snowfall totals may not be done after going that high

In the Blizzard of 1996, which dumped 21 plus inches of snow in NYC, the "original" forecast called for about 6 inches, and then it kept snowing, and snowing, until 21 to 22 inches had fallen.

We will see what this storm brings, and how high the snow totals go

Yeh, what's all this brouhaha about "climate change"? Another Chinese hoax, right?

Awakened at about 1 30

The snowstorm is now here full force.

Blinding snow, and wind.

It is supposed to snow until mid afternoon on Saturday.

We will see what the final totals are

Heavy, blowing snow at 630 am

It is supposed to snow until early afternoon, and then taper off.

This is really the first major snowstorm of the Winter.

Last Winter we had two major snowstorms.

One in mid December 2020 of close to a foot, and another in Feb 2021 of 14 inches

According to the supposed "Snowfall totals on www.weather.com"

five inches has already fallen, with an additional four inches expected.

If this holds true, while it is not as large as the 14 to 17 inches we had last Feb

9 inches is still a large snowstorm

Last edited:
Now weather.com has said that 8 inches has fallen where I am, with a couple of more inches expected.

This storm may not match up to the Feb 1-2 2021 storm where 14 to 17 inches fell, but it should be similar to the December 2020 storm of 10 to 12 inches.

It is supposed to snow for several more hours, and then finally taper off

New total at 230 is supposedly 9 total inches.

Another inch expected as the storm is leaving.

This was most definitely a formidable storm.

This year it took until January 28-29 to have a real snowstorm.

There will be one brutally cold day tomorrow with sunny skies, before the weather warms up.

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back