• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I just want to tell you....

giantfan121262

1st Level Orange Feather
something that I am pretty darn proud of. I am not one to toot my own horn but this is something that I have been wanting to do for the last ten years and finally have accomplished it. I have lost almost 55 pounds. With all the compliments I get from people that know me, the fact I can wear clothes in my closet that I haven't been able to wear in the last five years, and most important, the way I feel, it makes me wonder why I didn't try in earnest sooner. Nonetheless, I did it, and I wanted to share it with you.

It may not be a big deal to some of you, but it is to me. The latest "accomplishment" is that I pulled out a pair of size 36 jeans and I was able to actually get into them with a little effort. Another 10 pounds or so, and I can add that to my "new" wordrobe.

It IS a big deal! YAY YAY! Good for you! How did ya do it?

XOXO

Congratulations on your weight loss. If I don't exercise the weight has a tendency to creep up on me, like ill fitting underwear. I walk at least three to four miles every morning and I eat healthy foods... I'm thisclose to being a vegetarian. Also, drink a glass or two of water before each meal... it'll fill you up... and don't drink anything during your meal. Wait about 15 minutes after you've eaten. That way, you won't dilute the digestive juices and your meal will be properly digested. Just thought I'd throw in a helpful hint for anyone having weight problems. Again, congratulations!

:dogpile: :bouncybou

*kis gives standing ovation and does the happy dance on your behalf*

Now, it's time to spill it! Those of us who are struggling would like to hear your secrets of success. PM me anytime if you don't want to divulge in public.

Congratulations and continued success in your weight loss goals!

kis123 said:
:dogpile: :bouncybou

*kis gives standing ovation and does the happy dance on your behalf*

Now, it's time to spill it! Those of us who are struggling would like to hear your secrets of success. PM me anytime if you don't want to divulge in public.

Congratulations and continued success in your weight loss goals!

I'm happy to share my secrets and if it helps one person, that's great.

As I think I mentioned in a previous thread, I didn't really change my diet as much as change the TIME OF DAY I ate. My achillies heel was that I would always indulge in a late night snack and go right to bed afterwards. Bad move, when you are sleeping is when you burn the least amount of calories coupled with the fact that I ate probably the most I ate all day is enough to ensure that your midnight snack would be banked with blubber. I usuually eat the most in the morning so I have my day to day activities to burn the calories, which are pretty extensive. I have two kids to start. Another thing I did was that I went to the gym during my lunch hour instead if eating a hero, soda and bag of chips. Not only was I burning calories instead of ingesting them but with the midday excercise program, I am actually more alert in the afternoon when everyone gets that urge for a 3:00 PM nap. Plus, I have a high stress job so the excercise helps me cope with the job related stress as well. I am now at the point where if I miss a day at the gym, I feel like I am actually letting myself go. I have a new addiction now, instead of food, like it was in my heavier days, I now am addicted to excercise. One thing I reccomend if you do the excercise route-find a partner to help keep you motivated. My source of motivation was a trainer that befriended me when I first started. He was always good for encouragement and was very knowledgable as well. What keeps me going these days is the positive feedback I get from my friends and family about my appearance and co workers about my performance on the job and personality as well . Not to mention that I feel 100 times better. When I get that urge for a nosh, I think about how hard I have worked and how I feel right now as well as how my clothes feel on me. I also look at a picture that was taken when I was heavier and say to myself, "no way do I want to look like that again".

AFA goals, I don't really have a set weight in mind. I just want to take it in increments of 10 pounds and see how I feel and take it from there. I know I won't be at my high school weight ever again (one reason is that I was about 4 inches shorter in HS than I am now-6'1" vs 6'5").

I don't want to try to pass myself off as an expert, but if anybody ever wants to talk to me about what they are doing and what they want to do, please feel free and I'll be happy to try to help. You can PM me if you want to keep it private.

Good luck to those fighting the battle of the bulge. I know with me, it's a never ending battle. I have a high maintenance body.

I'll feel better after losing about 20 lbs. I was way more fit younger but I had all the time in world to devote to workout. Kudos, my friend!

XOXO

Congrats on that weight loss, Giantfan! You have a lot of willpower. Keep up the good work, when we eventually connect again, it'll only be lite beer we drink.

Drew

TklDuo-Drew said:
Congrats on that weight loss, Giantfan! You have a lot of willpower. Keep up the good work, when we eventually connect again, it'll only be lite beer we drink.

Drew

If you want lite that is fine. I still do my Sierras. I'll just pump up the racquetball the next day. there are just some things you can't live without. LOL

Sounds great. Congrats! I'm still trying to lose more myself. I lost about 40 a few months back and then plateaued...been doing the sea-saw routine since. I've got some yard projects coming up that should help me lose more. And just getting over a bout with food poisoning that dropped 5 lbs in a not so fun way. Tis an ongoing battle.

Ann

I was sick for about five days. I had just started to exercise and I get sick! I was really angry because it seems like every time I make a decision to lose weight and live healthier, something stupid like this happens.

I've lost 17 lbs, and have mysteriously (yes, mysteriously) regained 9. Talk about see-saws and rollercoasters!

I'm not going to give up, I'm just a little disgusted and a little bummed out. It's like the fat gremlins are always hanging around looking for ways to disrupt my goals and generally piss me off!!!:mad: :mad:

Kis...

Don't give up. You are still 8 pounds under par.

I know there were times when I would weigh myself and when I saw the reading, I just wanted to take a sledge hammer to the scale.

steph said:
I'll feel better after losing about 20 lbs. I was way more fit younger but I had all the time in world to devote to workout. Kudos, my friend!

XOXO

Thanks Again. Best of luck to you as well.

You go Giantfan!

Heres to a healthier you.. I am currrently doing the same.. doing a mix of low carb( Modified Atkins) and upping the excercise... I too would love to know how ya did it too. Dosen;t it feel damn GOOD to be able to wear stuff that you've not done for a while?

I've lost 38 lbs over the summer( true some of it was due to stress and ulcer surgery I had) and I'm still a deal overweight but know there are few pairs of jeans I wasn;t able to wear in June that I can now... still a long way to go but by Xmas I plan to be down at least another 2 or 3 sizes( not small but a good start for me). I;ve accepted that I'll never be hollywood model thin, but I know I'm NOT comfy at this weight, physially or psychologically. Then too I've started playing hockey fro a local amature team( affiilaited with the place I used to work at) and want to be the fittest and fastest I can be on the ice, and less of me will make that possible

Congrats!

Ghostie

Heres to smaller Jeans hun! !!

Heres to all of us losing weight and getting healthier. Like I once said to another TMFer when we were discussing weight, it's all about comfort/health levels.

PS Feather, the water is a BIG thing.. I drink 64-80 oz a day.. if you don'r you'll not be able to flush out the toxins and impurities that you are losing along with the fat.

Re: You go Giantfan!

Ghost2004 said:
I too would love to know how ya did it too. Dosen;t it feel damn GOOD to be able to wear stuff that you've not done for a while?

I've lost 38 lbs over the summer( true some of it was due to stress and ulcer surgery I had) and I'm still a deal overweight but know there are few pairs of jeans I wasn;t able to wear in June that I can now... still a long way to go but by Xmas I plan to be down at least another 2 or 3 sizes( not small but a good start for me). I;ve accepted that I'll never be hollywood model thin, but I know I'm NOT comfy at this weight, physially or psychologically. Then too I've started playing hockey fro a local amature team( affiilaited with the place I used to work at) and want to be the fittest and fastest I can be on the ice, and less of me will make that possible

Congrats!

Ghostie

Heres to smaller Jeans hun! !!

Heres to all of us losing weight and getting healthier. Like I once said to another TMFer when we were discussing weight, it's all about comfort/health levels.

PS Feather, the water is a BIG thing.. I drink 64-80 oz a day.. if you don'r you'll not be able to flush out the toxins and impurities that you are losing along with the fat. [/B]

Thank you Ghostie for your kind words. If you want to see how I did it I pretty much said it all in a previous post in this thread. I'll bring them forward

As I think I mentioned in a previous thread, I didn't really change my diet as much as change the TIME OF DAY I ate. My achillies heel was that I would always indulge in a late night snack and go right to bed afterwards. Bad move, when you are sleeping is when you burn the least amount of calories coupled with the fact that I ate probably the most I ate all day is enough to ensure that your midnight snack would be banked with blubber. I usuually eat the most in the morning so I have my day to day activities to burn the calories, which are pretty extensive. I have two kids to start. Another thing I did was that I went to the gym during my lunch hour instead if eating a hero, soda and bag of chips. Not only was I burning calories instead of ingesting them but with the midday excercise program, I am actually more alert in the afternoon when everyone gets that urge for a 3:00 PM nap. Plus, I have a high stress job so the excercise helps me cope with the job related stress as well. I am now at the point where if I miss a day at the gym, I feel like I am actually letting myself go. I have a new addiction now, instead of food, like it was in my heavier days, I now am addicted to excercise. One thing I reccomend if you do the excercise route-find a partner to help keep you motivated. My source of motivation was a trainer that befriended me when I first started. He was always good for encouragement and was very knowledgable as well. What keeps me going these days is the positive feedback I get from my friends and family about my appearance and co workers about my performance on the job and personality as well . Not to mention that I feel 100 times better. When I get that urge for a nosh, I think about how hard I have worked and how I feel right now as well as how my clothes feel on me. I also look at a picture that was taken when I was heavier and say to myself, "no way do I want to look like that again".

That says it all.

Let me also congratulate you on your accomplishments as well. 38 pounds is nothing to snicker at. I don't know how much farther you have to go but you are off to a good start, that's for sure. I did forget to mention the water as well. I drink at least 64 ounces a day if not more. PM me if you want to talk more about what you are doing, if you wish. I know how frustrating it can be.

Congrats to you, again

The smaller jeans do feel good. 36 Waist is right around the corner. Not bad for someone at a 44 about a year ago. A size 36 would make me feel "comfortable", I think

Hollywood model thin just isn't healthy. Give me a lady with meat on her bones anytime! Liv Tyler's sister Mia is a plus size model and I think she's gorgeous. You can be healthy without having to emulate those twiggys in Hollywood.

featherfingers said:
Hollywood model thin just isn't healthy. Give me a lady with meat on her bones anytime! Liv Tyler's sister Mia is a plus size model and I think she's gorgeous. You can be healthy without having to emulate those twiggys in Hollywood.

My sentiments exactly. These "models" look like they have anerexia.

featherfingers said:

This is an interesting comment. Most guys drool over the Liv Tyler types (who isn't a small woman by any means) and bypass the plus size girls. Or they like the bigger girls and keep it secret from their friends in fear of being embarrassed.

Well, it looks like I'm coming out of my pain crisis. I'm going back to the recreation center tomorrow and start working out again. Wish me luck and then some!

Kis, I wish you the best with your new exercise program but do me one favor, please... leave just a hint of love handles on your bod... I find that to be extremely sensual and I love that on women! My Tickle Lady Friend is drop dead gorgeous but she has that hint I'm talking about. Remember that some of us guys like that, okay?

kis123 said:
This is an interesting comment. Most guys drool over the Liv Tyler types (who isn't a small woman by any means) and bypass the plus size girls. Or they like the bigger girls and keep it secret from their friends in fear of being embarrassed.

Well, it looks like I'm coming out of my pain crisis. I'm going back to the recreation center tomorrow and start working out again. Wish me luck and then some!

You go, Girl :cool:

featherfingers said:
Kis, I wish you the best with your new exercise program but do me one favor, please... leave just a hint of love handles on your bod... I find that to be extremely sensual and I love that on women! My Tickle Lady Friend is drop dead gorgeous but she has that hint I'm talking about. Remember that some of us guys like that, okay?

I'm a pretty big chick with a lot of work ahead of her. I think I can manage a love handle here or there just for your benefit!;)

Imagine light feathery touches that encircle your abdomen...when you're ready, I will give those love handles exactly what the word "love" implies. My fingers are at the ready, dear Kis. Much success to you with your new outlook on life!

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back