• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Wikipedia has it wrong...

BigJim

Level of Cherry Feather
According to Wikipedia tickling was used as punishment in the Middle Ages and in colonial America. By and large, thanks to the inexaustive research of Kujman, we know this isn't true at all and that the "goat's tongue torture" they refer to isn't about tickling, but very serious pain. So you see folks, just because it's "in print" doesn't necessarily make it truth.

Talking of Kuj, they've also nicked one of his photos without crediting it to him. See the link above.

he is credited, you just have to click on the photo for details. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Stockspic.jpg)

as for the rest of the article, wikipedia isn't really a "they" as i'm sure you know, its a collective of people posting articles about various things of interest. if part of an entry is wrong, you have the ability to correct it yourself.

BigJim said:
According to Wikipedia tickling was used as punishment in the Middle Ages and in colonial America. By and large, thanks to the inexaustive research of Kujman, we know this isn't true at all and that the "goat's tongue torture" they refer to isn't about tickling, but very serious pain. So you see folks, just because it's "in print" doesn't necessarily make it truth.

Talking of Kuj, they've also nicked one of his photos without crediting it to him. See the link above.

Hey Jim: Long time no see. I looked at the above link you provided, but it doesn't look like they got it wrong at all. Here's what they say:

"The first recorded use of tickle torture was during the Roman Empire when a method known as "goat licking" was employed as criminal punishment. Goat licking involved covering a victim's feet with salt or a sweet substance, and having a goat lick the soles raw usually resulting in painful blisters."

Sounds pretty painful to me, however, I wouldn't entirely discount the tickling effect this treatment would have on a very ticklish person, UNTIL the pain set in. At very least, tickling was used as an infernal annoyance torture, that when prolonged, could quite possibly drive someone crazy. It's just that the tickling isn't quite the romantic fantasy that so many ticklephiles dream about.

Smart arse.
smiley.flipoff.gif

I didn't know that Wikipedia was structured like it is actually. I've never seen it before I searched Google for "tickling" and clicked on a link. Now I know this though I have a number of entries to make...

smeg

arse

bollocks

numpty

wanker

flidbod

loud-mouthed limey tossbag

See ya later. :D

ShadowTklr said:
Hey Jim: Long time no see. I looked at the above link you provided, but it doesn't look like they got it wrong at all. Here's what they say:

"The first recorded use of tickle torture was during the Roman Empire when a method known as "goat licking" was employed as criminal punishment. Goat licking involved covering a victim's feet with salt or a sweet substance, and having a goat lick the soles raw usually resulting in painful blisters."

Sounds pretty painful to me, however, I wouldn't entirely discount the tickling effect this treatment would have on a very ticklish person, UNTIL the pain set in. At very least, tickling was used as an infernal annoyance torture, that when prolonged, could quite possibly drive someone crazy. It's just that the tickling isn't quite the romantic fantasy that so many ticklephiles dream about.

They have it wrong when they attribute it to the middle ages and colonial America though. I'm not saying that people in stocks were NEVER tickled, but it definately wasn't a standard practice. If it had been, Kuj would have found out about it. Also, the tickling during the goat thing could be described as a side-effect at most, rather than the point.

Nice to see you too mate, btw. :)

YOu know if you feel strongly about it, you can actually go to wikipedia and change the journal entry. It's surprisingly easy.

Cav88 said:
YOu know if you feel strongly about it, you can actually go to wikipedia and change the journal entry. It's surprisingly easy.

I don't feel that strongly about it, I just thought it would be a moment of interest here.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back