• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

tickling in mainstream comix and comicbooks

jaketickle

TMF Poster
i dont know if this has ever been covered here before but growing up i did see a few mainstream-type comix in the sunday papers or comic books that featured tickling! Most were m/m but it didnt stop my enjoyment. Among the ones i most recall: little bald kid Henry, after a bully kicked sand in his face and made him bury him in the sand got revenge by tickling the bully's feet with a feather, a pilgrim scene in a parade magazine before thanksgiving 1964 where a fella in the stocks was going crazy as the dog Howard Huge licked his soles, a horror classic comic cover with a fella tied to a huge slightly upright table and about to be branded by a coven of witches where one of them obviously eroticized was tickling his feet with a white feather, Bugs Bunny captured by arabs and tickle tortured extensively by them using feathers on his feet while in stocks, Tom and Jerry in a midevil setting where tom is tied to a bed and tickled deleriously on his feet with feathers by jerry and tuffy, a drawing of the frankenstien monster being tickled insanely on his feet with a feather by igor, a similar pose with a tied bigfoot being tickled to death, a comix entitled "tickling a fancy" with a "fancy" creature streched on a rack being tickled on his feet with a feather by a torturer, several "wizzard of Id" cartoons with the spook tied to the wall being tickled by the executioner on his feet with a feather --one a holiday card that read "tis the season to be jolly", a parody of playboy called "laffboy" that had a scantillily clad voluptuous woman being tortured in different ways (rack, whipping) by "the marguis" one of which was being shackled to a low table with a cat licking her feet with the impression it was endless with a huge pitcher of milk available and a devilishly smiling cat, Donald Duck tied on a lawn with rope and pup tent stakes as his three nephews tickle his feet with paint bruhes. a Dick Tracy sunday paper where a woman is having a tatoo of a pineapple put on her ankle to illegally get an inheritance and she screams in laughter about how the process tickles her very ticklish feet. Just a few recollections i hope others can add to--weve done mainstream articles, movies, cartoons, tv shows etc. but i dont recall anyone doing comix or comic books. Love to hear from others about these formative images! thanks

wow i never saw one of this comics, the only comic that i remember with a tickle scene was mickey mouse where a ghost is trapped in a machine and is tickled behind his ears, unfortunatly i can't find that comix anymore. But do you have some of the images that you have described? why don't you post them on this forum?

The one with the Fancy on the rack was in Mad magazine.

Q

forgot to list the one from Lil' Lulu

she tells a friend that some neighborhood kid (not ziggy) is no longer welcomed at her house by aunt Mitzi (who was a dish) ever since while playing cowboys and indians and tying the aunt up spent "an afternoon" tickling her feet." Though it was not shown it sure was titillating given how buzomy aunt mitzi was!

C&H

Calvin and Hobbes as two scenes of tickling. One scene, Calvin and Hobbes are climbing a tree. Hobbes helps Calvin but then leaves Calvin hanging from the tree's branch. Calvin tries to climb up but can't and Hobbes removes Calvin's shoes. Next scene is Hobbes tickling Calvin's socked soles and then Calvin lets go of the branch. The other shows Calvin getting chased and tickled by his mom. :poke3:

I remember a Hagar the Horrible comic strip from a year or two ago, where Hagar is chained to a wall, next to another prisoner. The other guy tells him something like "This place wouldn't be so bad, if it weren't for Mr. Tickles".

In the next panel,Hagar asks "Who's Mr. Tickles?" While they show a masked guy entering the dungeon with a feather in his hand..who smiles evily and says "Kitchy kitchy koo!"

There's been tickling in Spider-Man comic books a few times, I think. One I remember was when he explained to Mary Jane exactly how each of his powers worked . MJ remarks: "Well, all those powers sound pretty handy, but there's one thing they CAN'T save you from..THE TERRIBLE TICKLE MONSTER!" as they show Peter's spider-sense going off, with MJ digging into his ribs.

There was one that I think was from "For Better or Worse". The teenage daughter is dreaming she's flying with some guy on a magic carpet that "tickles your feet". The next panel the mom is tickling the daughter's foot to wake her up.

Drew

There was a Wonder Woman panel I saw once during a documentary on A & E or The History Channel when they were covering the stories and origins of early superheroes. Wonder Woman's creator (William Moulton Marston) had a mistress, a thing for bondage, and was the creator of the polygraph (lie detector). Seems that the early WW comics (given WW's singluar weakness at the time: Being bound with her bracelets together, or somesuch) often spun into kid-friendly action-bondage (insofar as WW often found herself tied up) comics that may have, at least in part, reflected the inclinations, role-play, or fantasy of its creator.

During the documentary, I saw a panel with WW tied up, and her captors holding feathers to her ears. A thought balloon above her read: "Oh no! They're tickling my ears!"

I have no idea what issue you might find that in, but it's ancient, golden-age stuff, I think. It's unfortunately unlikely that they've reprinted it.

TklDuo-Drew said:
There was one that I think was from "For Better or Worse". The teenage daughter is dreaming she's flying with some guy on a magic carpet that "tickles your feet". The next panel the mom is tickling the daughter's foot to wake her up. Drew

Hey, Drew! I think that comic strip was "Foxtrot." I remember that Paige Fox was dreaming and her feet were being tickled by something, and when she awoke, her younger brother Jason's pet iguana was licking her toes.

I just found this while searching for tickle comics. Not mainstream but very interesting. The comic book is called "The Agencies" and you can see the site here: http://www.tickletown.com:

Agencies_Sample09.jpg

Last edited:
Just happened on this thread, and saw the mention, thanks featherfingers! We're definitely not mainstream, but we do aim for a mainstream look and feel for all our tickle comics.

Oblesklk said:
Just happened on this thread, and saw the mention, thanks featherfingers! We're definitely not mainstream, but we do aim for a mainstream look and feel for all our tickle comics.

From the looks of things, you do an outstanding job! I'll have to order myself a copy someday!

two more;

VERY old Little Lulu (sometime in the 1950s) Lulu disrupts a magician's 'saw the lady in half trick by tickling the bare feet sticking out one end of the box after it is seperated, and a hidden second assistant, laughing hysterically, sticks her head out of the other end of that half of the seperated box and screams at Lulu to stop.

1943 (don't remember issue; think # 10) cover of Daredevil comic; hideously ugly, mis-shapen Nazi double agent is tickling the toes of a lovely, barefoot french resistance agent who is fastened in a raised stocks, Her wrists are tied to a rope that also fastens her neck to an upright beam or bar behind her. The scene seems to be in the middle of a two tiered cell block full of mutants. The nazi is drooling onto the tops of the resistance agent's feet.

He-Man said:
There's been tickling in Spider-Man comic books a few times, I think. One I remember was when he explained to Mary Jane exactly how each of his powers worked . MJ remarks: "Well, all those powers sound pretty handy, but there's one thing they CAN'T save you from..THE TERRIBLE TICKLE MONSTER!" as they show Peter's spider-sense going off, with MJ digging into his ribs.

I had a comic(that I lost in a move :ranty: ) where MJ and Peter are talking about something and she says something smart and Peter webs her to a wall and off panel she giggles and laughs "Nooo.not there".

This was way back in the early 90's that this comic would have come out.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back