• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Way To Raise The Money For The Chat

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
I know that the admins have resisted the idea of making the TMF a pay place, but, I have a suggestion of how we might be able to raise the money for the chat, and not be in a situation where it would be a strain on anyone's pocket.
How about, if instead of voluntarially contributions, which may fall short of what we would need to keep the room, the mods install an extremely nominal fee of say, $1 a month, to maybe $5 a month, for members, to go into a fund, to pay for the chat every year. This way, each member pays a very nominal fee, no one has to pay any backbreaking charges which those on a tight budget cannot afford, and there will no longer be a problem about how to raise the money. I am aware of the admins desire to keep this a "free" place for those who want to use it, and choose not to contribute, but, in reality, it is not free, because we need the $1200 a year to keep the secure chat. We could even make it $5 a quarter, or whatever, as we need $300 a quarter to keep the place. We have so many members, even those who use the chat on a regular basis, that say the admins charged perhaps $3 a quarter to put toward the chat fund. If 100 people contributed $3 a quarter, there is our $300 for the quarter.
I dont know if the mods would go for this idea, but it is just a thought. Perhaps it might solve chat fund issue raising fees. I highly doubt anyone would drop out, or could not afford $3 a quarter. That is $1 a month, or 25 cents a week. If we do that on even a small scale, we could have our secure chat paid for, and never again have to worry about insecure chat, or trolls.

Mitch

This forum has the potential to make a fortune by having advertising on it. It has a massive amount of visitors and something somthing as simple as adding google ad's in the left hand column would easily generate the $1200 a year that you are talking.

Punishing the members / customers however would be a bad move. I love the TMF but I certainly would not be willing to pay so it can have a chat room (I dont even use the chat room, I looked in there a few times a while back and there was never anyone in it).

Another option is to Ask the video producers to contribute somthing, after all TMF is a massive sourse of FREE advertising for them, I know I have bought many clips and videos as a result of reading recommendations from other TMF users.

Another option is simply to try to find a FREE secure chat room facility that you can use, and Im sure there must be one although I havent looked. But if you need help finding one please pm me and let me know and I will have a look.

Uk makes some excellent points, and, while I am not trying to sound negative, I have some concerns about his suggestions.
First, as this is a sex fetish website, is it likely that Google would place or buy ad space in it? How exactly does that benefit them? Google has many different kinds of search criteria. Is it likely that they would open their advertising up on a site like this, if it is not of major benefit to them?
Second, other producers advertising here. Again, a very good idea. My question is whether or not Jeff's competitors, I.E. the owners of other tickling sites, and/or other sex fetish type websites, would spend money to advertise here? Dont they already spend enough on their own sites, and such? Look how much money TMF costs Jeff to run every year, and we are only talking about the chatroom, not even the server or the forum itself. Again, I am not trying to be negative, merely pointing out the economics.
A free secure chat? Another fine idea. My question is, with as many years as Jeff and Myriads have run this site for, why have they not done this already? Perhaps there is no such thing that is secure for no money paid. I, for one, appreciate your offer to find it, and if it can be done, I know many would be extremely grateful.
I think, and hope, that either Jeff or Myriads sees this thread, so they can comment with greater knowledge than I, as they run this forum, and know the economics. Again, your suggestions are excellent, and if there would be a way to implement any of them, then let's go for it. I am just not sure of the legisitics, and would probably need to hear from the admins, who know the financial structure of such things, before finding out if this can happen or not.

Mitch

Hi Mitchell Im going to try to explain each of the points for you as best I can.
Mitchell said:
Uk makes some excellent points, and, while I am not trying to sound negative, I have some concerns about his suggestions.
First, as this is a sex fetish website, is it likely that Google would place or buy ad space in it. How exactly does that benefit them? Google has many different kinds of search criteria. Is it likely that they would open their advertising up on a site like this, if it is not of major benefit to them?

Google has Paid advertising on it, as well as putting those paid ad's on googles own site, they have an affiliate program called Google adsense. The way that this works is that google give its affiliates (in this case Jeff / TMF) a piece of code to embed in their web page. This piece of code then means that results related to what google thinks the content of the page are will be displayed.

Then every time someone clicks on one of these results, Google gets paid and they share part of what they get paid with their affiliate (TMF). This would add up to alot of money for Google and for TMF too.

Now I have to be honest and say I have not checked googles terms about which sites it allows adds on but it does allow people to buy ads for adult terms so I see no reason why it would not be happy to sell those too.

Oh and the reason for google doing this, is really simple because it makes them money and that is what public companies (like google) need to mane to keep their share holders happy;)

Mitchell said:
Second, other producers advertising here. Again, a very good idea. My question is whether or not Jeff's competitors, I.E. the owners of other tickling sites, and/or other sex fetish type websites, would spend money to advertise here? Dont they already spend enough on their own sites, and such. Look how much money TMF costs Jeff to run every year, and we are only talking about the chatroom, not even the server or the forum itself. Again, I am not trying to be negative, merely pointing out the economics.

I think you mis understood me a little on this point. Other producors already advertise here, TIB, FT, Tickling Paradise, PArkers Vid etc etc every time they post a preview clip or pic they are advertising and they are advertising for FREE. I would suggest that making the TMF a paid to use forum would make alot of members (including me) simply vanish, this would be VERY VERY bad for businesses like those mentioned above who rely on TMF to be able to get out the word about their new releases. So with that in mind they would probably not be that adverse to paying a small fee, if need be. You could even get a chat room with an advert feature and every tickling producor that 'sponsors' it would get their banner in their on some kind of a rotation basis.

I think you are under estimating the power of the TMF, there are billions of websites on the net and out of all of those billions of sites the TMF is not just in the top 1 million sites, or even the top 100,000 most visits sites, no its much much better than that in terms of traffic it currently ranked the 20,937 most visit website on the net!! That is awsome!

With that level of traffic it has the potential to make a fortune (I know this is what I do for a living make money from websites).

But if you take away its members by charging them to use the forum then you will lose them and once they are gone they will be another tickling forum come along and take up the slack (and Im sure you already know there are other tickling forums but this is just the big one). When that happens then you have a site worth very little. It is only worth somthing whilst it has alot of visitors so the last thing you want to do is charge those visitors for somthing that they can get free elsewhere.

If the admin of the TMF need more detailed help with making the site make money please PM or email me, I dont want to disclose who I am publically.

We will never charge a membership fee for the site.

That is a firm position. It WILL NOT HAPPEN.

We would close the place before we did.

Myriads

Myriads said:

Myriads

Thats good to hear and it is the correct decision in my opinion :)

also, google won't do adwords on an adult site unfortunately.

I think you are under estimating the power of the TMF, there are billions of websites on the net and out of all of those billions of sites the TMF is not just in the top 1 million sites, or even the top 100,000 most visits sites, no its much much better than that in terms of traffic it currently ranked the 20,937 most visit website on the net!! That is awsome!

From whence does this factoid come?

Myriads

Myriads said:

From whence does this factoid come?

Myriads

From the Alexa ranking for the site you can see this at http://www.alexa.com/search?q=www.ticklingforum.com

Well, that was interesting and educational.

Myriads

Overture is just like google adwords, but its Yahoo's version and I think they do allow adult. But I have not used it myself in years so I cant be 100% sure they may have changed the rules.

See http://www.content.overture.com/d/

I would be happy to look into this and come back to you with what I think might be the best solution if you want me to, Ill accept payment in clips;)

Uktickler said:
Overture is just like google adwords, but its Yahoo's version and I think they do allow adult. But I have not used it myself in years so I cant be 100% sure they may have changed the rules.

See http://www.content.overture.com/d/

I would be happy to look into this and come back to you with what I think might be the best solution if you want me to, Ill accept payment in clips;)

You've got a deal :)

A "charity" type bizzar perhaps? Specific tickle booths where lers pay a buck a minute or whatever set donation. Along with other voluntary donations, raffels etc.
TMF Fest 1(TMFest).

Just a thought.

IF folks cannot travel cross country, you could have a TMF fest East and a TMF fest West.

TTD

I love this place but...

Myriads said:

Myriads

I love the forum, I think I've proven that over and over again with storys trying to be as active with genral discusion and so forth, but I wouldn't play to be here, and I admire Myraids posision on this considering how much work he does to keep thing going.

I had an idea where Artists would donate original art to be put in a book and then the forum could sell it for say 20 or 30 bucks. Then all the money after cost could go towards keeping things going. I'll bet that would rais more then enough to keep it going for a year. Maybe make it an anual book.

What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back