• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Mobile app prototype: meeting other ticklephiles in everyday life

Erotickles

Verified
A few days ago, I posted a question about what would make a designated app for our community safe, and useful
- to be able to form meaningful connections with other ticklephiles.

I raised three concepts for such an app, and meanwhile started to work on a demonstration prototype for concept #1:
Having an app that links you with people who go to the same Facebook events as you –
so you can meet up for a chat in a safe, everyday, setting.

Please note: At this time it is merely a demonstration f the main screens the way I see them –
which is aimed so we can start brainstorming from the same basic point. At this time the app does ask you to login, create an account, or link you with anybody else.

Your inputs, however, are priceless.
Android users are invited to download the app from the google play store.
It will take a while till it is available for IOS.

Please share your thoughts:
1. Is it clear what the concept is?
2. What is missing?
3. What should be different?
4. What safety and privacy features do you require in order to feel comfortable using such an app?
5. Is an app based on Facebook login ok with you? clearly, for this concept, there is no other way to do it - but will you be put off to use it because of this?

Let's do this!

If you intend to keep the age of users Mature 17+ Then I would not use it. (18+ ONLY) And if I have to login using Facebook... that also is a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:
If you intend to keep the age of users Mature 17+ Then I would not use it. And if I have to login using Facebook... that also is a deal breaker for me.

I agree with not wanting to log in with Facebook. Don't need my family accidentally finding out I'm into stuff like tickling

If you intend to keep the age of users Mature 17+ Then I would not use it. (18+ ONLY) And if I have to login using Facebook... that also is a deal breaker for me.

Facebook login:
Is it still a deal beaker if the app does not post anything, and the login is only used for identification?
Quite a few apps use Facebook for that, like Tinder for example:
If you log in with Facebook, it does not only identify you, but also allows you to easily upload photos
to your Tinder account from Facebook - but it does not "give in" the face that you use it.

This is a point I would really need as many opinion on as possible:
This app's concept cannot work without Facebook (other concepts in the original thread may - but this one counts on linking people
though the events they attend, and for that Facebook login is required),
So under what conditions - if at all - would you guys be willing to sign in with Facebook?

Age rating:
I am not sure I quite understood: Do you think the current rating is too much, or too little?
Please understand: this is not a number I, as a developer can just pick - it is assigned by google play.

When uploading an app, the developer has to fill in an online form about what the app is about, with some multiple choice questions used by the system to assign an age rating automatically.
I filled in this form honestly, (as I always am) - and this is the rating applied. Not only that - but age rating differs from country to country.
At the end of this process I was presented with a list or what the app's rating is by 5-6 different standards - all either assigned a minimum age of 17-18.

Can you please explain, though, why it is a problem in your opinion?

Thanks!

At what point would you know a fellow tickle enthusiast is at the Facebook event?

Like everything - this is open to inputs!

Technically, it is possible, to push a notification to your app whenever someone from the community clicked "interested" on an event you also are "interested" in or "attending".

Practically, this probably to much, and the app will either alert you only when an event's date is near, or will simply show an updated list whenever you actively launch the app and view an event.

How does it sound? what do you think it should be?

What if someone wants to go to a facebook event without having to worry that others are going just as an excuse to find out who they are, based on one aspect of their sexuality?

Like everything - this is open to inputs!

Technically, it is possible, to push a notification to your app whenever someone from the community clicked "interested" on an event you also are "interested" in or "attending".

Practically, this probably to much, and the app will either alert you only when an event's date is near, or will simply show an updated list whenever you actively launch the app and view an event.

How does it sound? what do you think it should be?

Depending on when the person clicked "interested" or "attending", there would be some window of time before the scheduled date. I would imagine with that visibility, someone would private message the other to break the ice, acquaint themselves, ask if the person wants to meet up at the facebook event. If this is the case, I see no value in having constrained them to meeting at that place at that time. Perhaps the shared interest in events indicates some compatibility; but I think that's a stretch. Don't get me wrong, the premise works great for the people who just wanna know where the tickle fetishists are where they were going anyway. And I'm sure it's meaningful for those who are just dying to get their hands on someone irl and have either no game or no patience to sufficiently wow some on TMF, for instance. But I wouldn't feel comfortable going to facebook events anymore, knowing that there could be tickle lurkers sniffing about. The app could just be used to get to know each other, and people can set a time and place to meet up whenever both are comfortable.

This is a good question, and my preliminary answer is that this is one of the reasons why I suggested that women are able to hide their photo from everybody - except those they specifically authorize.

Is that what you meant?

Last edited:
Would you still feel uncomfortable going to such events if your photo was hidden and you'd revile it only to those you choose?
Because without the photo, and only a nick name, no one at the event could guess who you are.. Would that suffice?

My concern with arranging to meet up "elsewhere" (not in the event itself) is that it removes the safety of meeting in a public place:
I am concerned that if it is expected not to meet at the event, it will quickly become a app for trying to get women to meet off the event for a session - rather than meeting up in a friendly, controlled, setting.
What do you think?

This is a good question, and my preliminary answer is that this is one of the reasons why I suggested that women are able to hide their photo from everybody - except those they specifically authorize.

Is that what you meant?

With this perk, the rate of catfish guys pretending to be women would reach all time highs. I think I wouldn't have my photo up, either, for anyone.

I remind you that this specific app concept has no use unless one uses it in context with their facebook account - in which they mark events they are interested in or attending.

However, do you think hiding the photo should be allowed for everybody? Will that ease your concerns?

Last edited:
Would you still feel uncomfortable going to such events if your photo was hidden and you'd revile it only to those you choose?
Because without the photo, and only a nick name, no one at the event could guess who you are.. Would that suffice?

My concern with arranging to meet up "elsewhere" (not in the event itself) is that it removes the safety of meeting in a public place:
I am concerned that if it is expected not to meet at the event, it will quickly become a app for trying to get women to meet off the event for a session - rather than meeting up in a friendly, controlled, setting.
What do you think?

I don't think it removes the safety of meeting at a public place at all. For one, suppose two people 'link' on the app via common Facebook event. They can then chat and could decide to meet (if Facebook events are so controlled), at any number of them or other controlled settings. Meeting at that event has a bit of a "your time is running out!" feel to it. If someone would want to meet off the event for a session with me, I'd rather know that to be their intentions, than to have them 'play along'.

I wanted to insert here that I appreciate your concern for the female membership (as well as the male), and I appreciate the efforts.

I'm trying to consider a case where it might see use if I was open to it. I primarily attend convention centric events (anime, gaming) vs bars/concerts/other big ramping events. And there's plenty of sexual deviancy issues there. Plus, particularly with that scene, I could see the abuses being even higher [plus underage concerns being worse with the 17 and older restriction by Google like you mentioned in the other thread]. Assuming I'm not misunderstanding the FB event tie-in, I know most convention events do have an event page.

I'm speculating that if photos are hidden for both genders, it might reduce some abuses that enabling images has off-hand. Though, it might also kill interest. I know it's a good-spirit based app, but I feel people are too conditioned to mistrust this sort of item. Can I get a thought from you as a developer at what your ideal result for this app would be?

I don't think it removes the safety of meeting at a public place at all. For one, suppose two people 'link' on the app via common Facebook event. They can then chat and could decide to meet (if Facebook events are so controlled), at any number of them or other controlled settings. Meeting at that event has a bit of a "your time is running out!" feel to it. If someone would want to meet off the event for a session with me, I'd rather know that to be their intentions, than to have them 'play along'.

I could still see how the developer would be concerned about adding this in. Since it puts a lot more intelligent use on the user, and it allows for more bad press if a scenario goes very wrong (creeper/otherwise). I could see advocating for some mini social aspect to get more details without making direct use of FB. I wasn't sure if this was planned exactly in the development. It was unclear to me.

I do think the time is running out note is a good bit of feedback, however. I find the app baseline to be a super niche case, but I think it's a good temporary project to deal with the thinktank that is the tickling community (and how differently it can say think between TT/TMF/8ch.net/tk [if I consider that one even])

I remind you that this specific app concept has no use unless one uses it in context with their facebook account - in which they mark events they are interested in or attending.

However, do you think hiding the photo should be allowed for everybody? Will that ease your concerns?

I was thinking of it within the context of their facebook account. They mark events on facebook, which feeds to the app, the app alerts someone that another user of the app is interested/attending, no? Is my being a user of this app visible on my Facebook profile? If so, I would not use it. And I think privacy settings should be allowed for everyone, yes.

Is there a way of filtering events, or does every woman have to take the chance that every FB event they attend will have someone who's only there to try and find them?

Is there a way of filtering events, or does every woman have to take the chance that every FB event they attend will have someone who's only there to try and find them?

It is possible to implement whatever is required. We can force conditions pretty much any way we like.
Should this concept eventually come to life, I guess this is one of the features that need to implemented right from the start.

Thank you for that!

Just a quick note to say: "I hear you!"

So,
This is one of the reasons I wanted to have this feedback from you:
Sometimes an idea that wrongfully looks really good to a developer can be quickly flagged as such when getting this preliminary input.

You guys pretty much said you do not want to have your tickling kink anywhere near your Facebook account (even just for login, without it showing anywhere or posting anything).
I understand, and I hear you!

This means this specific concept, of using Facebook events in order to recognize each other in everyday life - is contrary to what I though not the greatest invention since sliced bread.

I will therefore go further with the "map" concept, to be used to more easily set up munches and such locally.

Do feel invited to keep throwing in ideas! :)

Don't get discouraged, this is the beginning of what will be a great tool for people finding people. I wouldn't want anything connected fo FB either, it's too menacing, they already know enough about all of us. I'm not a developer but I used to work with a lot of them and we'd do the "wish-list" thing, kinda like what this thread is.

Something I think would be cool, would be some kind of referral feature, or maybe some way TMF users can vouch for other TMF users, if they've met with them, know them from NEST or other gatherings, that kinda thing. Not that it would replace taking precautions and always playing safe, but it might be a way to kick things off between two people.

It is possible to implement whatever is required. We can force conditions pretty much any way we like.
Should this concept eventually come to life, I guess this is one of the features that need to implemented right from the start.

Thank you for that!

So basically shoehorn in all the bullshit that comes average dating apps put out for people who AREN'T paranoid about their interests? GREAT! I'll be waiting to see the guys who sign themselves up as girls next.

Look, I'm all for safety, but if this thing is more or less made with the intention to reduce all the filtering people have to partake in to find average "interesting" users, but part of life is when you go outside, you'll chance people having a clue who you are. Do you honestly think some guy's going to slink up behind you and slide his fingers up to your ribs? In public with dozens of people around?

Facebook login:
Is it still a deal beaker if the app does not post anything, and the login is only used for identification?
Quite a few apps use Facebook for that, like Tinder for example:
If you log in with Facebook, it does not only identify you, but also allows you to easily upload photos
to your Tinder account from Facebook - but it does not "give in" the face that you use it.

This is a point I would really need as many opinion on as possible:
This app's concept cannot work without Facebook (other concepts in the original thread may - but this one counts on linking people
though the events they attend, and for that Facebook login is required),
So under what conditions - if at all - would you guys be willing to sign in with Facebook?

Age rating:
I am not sure I quite understood: Do you think the current rating is too much, or too little?
Please understand: this is not a number I, as a developer can just pick - it is assigned by google play.

When uploading an app, the developer has to fill in an online form about what the app is about, with some multiple choice questions used by the system to assign an age rating automatically.
I filled in this form honestly, (as I always am) - and this is the rating applied. Not only that - but age rating differs from country to country.
At the end of this process I was presented with a list or what the app's rating is by 5-6 different standards - all either assigned a minimum age of 17-18.

Can you please explain, though, why it is a problem in your opinion?

Thanks!

Initial Thoughts

1. Fuck Facebook. Don't need a company gathering personal metrics worming its way further into people's bedrooms and profiling increasingly private aspects of their lives.
2. Since tickling, in this context, is fetish activity and construably sexual, you need to limit the age range of people who sign up to being at least their local age of consent. If the age of consent is 18 somewhere, then the age floor for using the app there is 18. Not 17-18. Not almost 18. 18 or older. Full stop. You don't want to get yourself or your users in legal trouble.

Design Problems to Overcome

1. Can users tell how many people are going?
2. Can people tell how many people of interest are going? (Straight guys won't be that interested in a male-only event.)
3. Will women feel safe?
4. How can you balance #2 and #3 without killing the app's utility?
5. How do you avoid the app turning into kink Nosedive?

----

Potential Design Objectives

Sort of spitballing here, but an impromptu munch organizing type app would:

1. plot users onto a location map (do this internally; take measures against stalkers)
2. figure out when many people might be available (using a trick like doodle?)
3. figure out how and where people can meet up
4. maybe have some kind of rating system that lets the system identify and shadowban problematic users (creeps, predators, catfishes, liars, deeply immature types, psychos, etc.)
5. identify trustworthy people who can potentially organize a munch when an opportunity becomes evident
6. encourage users from #5 to begin organizing the munch
7. facilitate ongoing communication for setting up the munch

I don't think you can trivially programmatically identify a centrally located and safe spot. Some combination of rating + some volunteering system could help with #5 and some gamified component + easy access to a good munch organization walk-through (how to pick a venue, how to negotiate with the venue, rules to enforce at the munch, and other logistical concerns) could help with #6. You need the trusted person in #5, so you can ensure they find an okay venue that's not incompatible or in a dangerous area.

Last edited:
Door 44 Productions
What's New

3/28/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome Forum and take a second to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back