• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

A Solution to the Florida Election Mess

Strelnikov

4th Level Red Feather
You are all aware of all the problems Florida has had with voter confusion. It seems that no matter what scheme is used to let people cast votes, the votes get called into question because people didn't understand how to cast their votes.

In response to this problem the Florida Elections Commission has awarded Fisher-Price the contract to develop a "less confusing balloting system." The Commission has accepted Fisher-Price's proposed system that is based on
their classic See 'n Say toys.

"It's really quite simple," spokeswoman Liz Holden explained. "All you have to do is turn the pointer towards the candidate of your choice and cast your vote by pulling the string. Then the voice of the candidate comes on and says, for example, "Al Gore says, 'You have voted for me.'"

The system has been successfully tested on Kindergarten children. They will next test it on the Early Bird Special crowd at a Palm Beach Denny's.

Playskool was also asked to submit a proposal. However, their plan, based on the popular Poundin' Bedbugs toy, where a vote is cast by pounding the plastic head of the chosen candidate using a small hammer, was rejected as being "far too complex."

Strelnikov

Sounds good, but if Floridians stick to form, some of them will accidentally turn the pointer to the wrong candidate (for whatever reason), pull the string, and demand a re-vote! :blaugh:

Damn

I was hoping the solution would be seccession. I suggested to a Canadian friend they trade us Quebec for Florida - frogs for toxic toads, I think the swap was...Montreal for Miami. Pretty obvious who'd be getting the better deal. IMHO, of course. :angel:

Re: Damn

evilqueen said:
I suggested to a Canadian friend they trade us Quebec for Florida

So we'd be losing Disney World and gaining a French-speaking state? Tres bien! I've never liked alligators anyhow. :D

Re: Re: Damn

amk714 said:

So we'd be losing Disney World and gaining a French-speaking state? Tres bien! I've never liked alligators anyhow. :D

You'd still have the LA Disneryland anyway. lol What's a theme park here and there between neighbours? ;)

Re: Re: Re: Damn

BigJim said:
You'd still have the LA Disneryland anyway.

Actually, mate, the original Disneyland theme park is in Anaheim, which is a freeway's drive from LA. I live so close to it, I can see and hear the fireworks display every night! To others, it's a tourist attraction, but to me, it's just another local amusement park! :p

Re: Re: Re: Re: Damn

amk714 said:

but to me, it's just another local amusement park! :p

Well that's Canadian pragmatism for you Alex. Yanks ARE a bit flashy aren't they? :D

BUMP!

The polls are closed all over the country by now, even Alaska and Hawaii. You Americans- Maybe there wasn't anyone you particularly wanted to vote FOR, but there surely was someone you wanted to vote AGAINST. If you didn't vote today, I don't want to hear you whining about the outcome.

Strelnikov

I voted today. Let's see I voted Democrat, Republican, Green, Libetarian, American Independent. Not for the same office of course. I like to be fair.

Re: BUMP!

Strelnikov said:
If you didn't vote today, I don't want to hear you whining about the outcome.

Ditto, Strel, but since I did vote, I'll whine just a little. :D

The GOP did very well in this election. That saddens me, but I commend President Bush for the work he did in helping to elect his party's candidates. And I'm sure you and all the other conservatives out there are pretty happy with the results! :)

I think I see some hanging chads...

Anybody having the same problem?

Oh Well... Hopefully Florida will fix their problems!

What's New

4/29/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see who is meeting when and where!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back