• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • If you would like to get your account Verified, read this thread
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Anyone see "RENT"?

one thumb, way down

I saw "Rent" on Broadway several years back. I didn't care for it (although my opinion certainly doesn't always coincide with the masses) and was unsure what all the hype was about. The impression I left the theatre with was that the musical seemed to think that it was somehow on the cutting edge- that it was the first to embrace the radical idea of being a 'rock musical.' I felt that GodSpell, Hair, Jesus Christ Superstar, the Wiz, and other 70s musicals were much, much better examples of the genre. And while I'm not a big fan of musicals, I do like the ones that I listed above and felt like they offered something of quality and something with energy and excitement, musically-speaking. They were fun, and they were different. The only memorable song from 'Rent,' for me, was the featured ballad- can't remember the title.

I've seen the production of "Rent" and loved it! I had never really heard about it, but several of my friends said it was pretty good, so I was able to go in with an open mind. I thought it was great. I like the movie, but only for the songs.

Amazing how opinions differ. I loved the show and the music. I saw it in NYC. Synopsis:

It's about the year in life of a group of struggling young folks in New York City. They deal with homosexuality, relationships, AIDS, loss and money issues. It's set in the 80's when AIDS was headline news each day.

Personally there is only one song in the show I didn't care for.

It won many Tony Awards and launched the career of several of its original cast members. I can see the parallel that City of Mica draws with Godspell, Hair, Jesus Christ etc. It's a bit controversial and has a rock tone to the music while staying true to the Broadway feel. I disagree with the calling that the others did a better job but that's why opinions differ. I think they were equally as good.

I AM a huge fan of going to shows and since I get to NYC on business regularly, I try to go. I also recommend a new show called Wicked which is based on events that occured prior to the house falling on the witch at the beginning of the Wizard of Oz.

I have seen both the stage and the screen version. And I love both. I know one colleague described the characters as a bunch of "arrogant spoiled freeloaders", I just fell for everyone of them.

There was also criticism about some of the actors in the movie being too old, but I stand my Columbus's decision to hire most of the orginals performers due to them having a bond and connection and in my opinion that came through in the film. It was one of my faves last year.

I recommend the stage production as well. You might have some "rentheads" in the audience but for me, they add a positive energy.

Last edited:
What's New

5/31/2024
The TMF Chat Room is always busy. Stop in and see who is about!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back