• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Banning users and our philosophy about it.

This was in response to previous bans, not in anticipation of future ones :)

We've been getting a lot of questions about our way of doing things of late, and felt a clarification would be good, so everyone knew how things worked.

Myriads

No problem with your banning process.

Get rid of those idiots that just don't get what being respectful is.
I have no problem with someone disagreeing with me and being strong with their opinion but some just don't get it and should be removed after a couple of warnings.

DK

I think the TMF has done a terrific job at doing what they have to do. Simply put, treat others as you would want to be treated...that's an easy guideline to follow. The unfortunate part is that some don't care and that really puzzles me when we all are here because of the same mindlike. Yes...I believe in debate...but not at the expense of destroying a place to debate!

In my experiences here I have had nothing but great communication between the Mods and myself. Yes...I had a post deleted before. I addressed the Mod about it and we worked it out privately...end of story. It's that simple.

I do not believe that examples are made of certain individuals...if they are banned, they deserved it. Noone is disliked because of a screename...but by their actions and their words towards others. I am proud to be a member of this community the way it is...and that is why I come here everyday...

Nothing in life is perfect...but it need not be spoiled neither.

peace out,
daddy

There have been quite a few bitches about how modding is done and even the validity and morality of modding itself.

Speaking as someone who's been censored for powerful opinions that have strayed too closely towards being plain insulting, I have no problem with it.

I've never known a moderator act out of Big Brother motives, nor have I known one show favouritism or victimisation. I've critiscised members of the mod staff in public and had my comments left untouched, because I phrased them in ways that didn't violate the Golden Rules.

You can say pretty much what you like so long as you do it diplomatically and civilly. But I can fully understand some people having their arses permenantly kicked, because they take a mild rebuke as a colossal insult to their personal dignity. In fact at least three names spring to mind, without having to expend too much in the way of effort.

I can speak from the middle ground Myr, because I'm both someone who likes the Forum and wants to be part of the community AND someone who gets riled and loud in a juicy debate. I for one appreciate the effort the staff put in and hope your workload doesn't get too excessive in the future.

working for free

Regardless of what someone's opinion might be about the mods and the job they do, we should all respect the fact that they are not getting paid to do this. Any time that they spend here is their personal time. It is unfortunate that some of this precious personal time of their's must be wasted by cleaning up messes made by idiots that have nothing better to do.

I'm really glad you posted that again Myriads. It may help address some of the recent issues that were blasted all over AMT over the last couple of months.

I've only had one bad experience with a Mod who purposely deleted several of my posts that had nothing to do with him. Apparently he just didn't want me posting in TMF at all. He didn't limit his tactics to me as he did much the same to several other members including insults. The issues with him got reported and handled quickly. He lost his Mod status because he overstepped the boundaries as a Mod. He was not banned however, although he continues to state such.

The rest of the Mods have been nothing but terrific. I've had a few of my posts edited and/or deleted but always for good reason and they always contacted me about it. Some even gave me a chance to reword some of my posts. They handle themselves with professionalism that is rarely seen on websites where the Mods contribute their time and energy to moderate for free.

Thanks Myriads and Mods for all you do so we can enjoy ourselves here. And thank you Jeff for providing this Forum for us.

Jan

yes Myriads, Jeff, and Mod Squad. thank you. you do a fine job here.

(and Wallstreet check your email box)

It all sounds fair and truly a bit more generous towards banning then I would have made it. But the truth is that it doesn't matter whether I think it's fair or not. It's not my forum and I don't pay for it. Love it or leave it; I think thats a concept that some people have a hard time grasping.

-Jamandi-

Something else to be born in mind.

As a Mod at TTB and the Admin of the UKTF, I find that banning someone by their IP addy is quite troublesome. This is especially so if that member is an AOL user. (Not a great problem on the UKTF though.) IP addys are often shared on AOL and banning anyone by their IP (the surest way to make sure a troublesome asshole doesn't re-incarnate under a new name and e-mail address) will also ban any other member unlucky enough to share their IP. I can imagine this makes work quite difficult for TMF staff, because of the high membership here.
Some of the trolls on the Forum are very resourceful and must have even less of a life than I do from the amount of ID's and e-mail addys they set up to SPAM the place.

Don't worry, Jim. There are ways of getting around those troublesome details and making things stick.

Just a couple of observations as a fairly new mod...

Before being asked to join the team, I knew we had mods and that they did their best to keep things in line. But, not knowing exactly what it was they did to accomplish that didn't allow me the extent of appreciation that I now have for the position. Now that I'm a part of the team and see how things work, I can more fully appreciate what these guys have been doing all this time.

As Myr said in his post, this is a group effort. When something is going on (tech problems like the chat or a questionable post, etc.), we discuss it and find the best solution possible to keep things working and make this a pleasant place to be. We try to keep the lines of communication as open as possible...with other members as well as with fellow mods. It's often a delicate balancing act. But, with the guidelines followed by the vast majority of members, it makes our job a pleasure to do.

Community is the central focus here. We invite things that strengthen that and do our best to protect against anything that might weaken it. I'd like to thank the other mods and admins for their countless hours over the years in getting things organized enough that a tech dummy like myself could step in and so easily be an active part of keeping this place great. I'd also like to thank my fellow TMFers for being a part of this community and helping to make it what it is. :grouphug:

Ann

Glad to hear it's not all bad Ann. If there is such a thing, any chance of sharing the info with a Tzar-let such as myself? :D The UKTF hasn't run into any trouble yet, but no doubt it will eventually.:rolleyes:

Your best bet is to discuss that via PM or e-mail with Myr since he's the tech-wise guy. Even if I knew all of the tricks, I'd have to kill ya if I shared it here. Ooops. That's THEY'D have to kill ME! I knew someone was going to have to pay! lol ;)

Ann:xpeepsofa

Jim,

PM me with any questions, or once the new chat lives (which will be in the next week if all goes well) catch me there in the evenings. happy to try and help.

Myriads

Some guy didn't obey my rules on my group and I banned his ass! HAHAHA! I'm with the whole deal of banning those who do not obey.

Myriads said:
Jim,

PM me with any questions, or once the new chat lives (which will be in the next week if all goes well) catch me there in the evenings. happy to try and help.

Myriads

Much obliged Myr. :)

When this busy period at work finishes, I'll be happy to pick your brains.

Door 44 Productions
What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back