• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Book suggestions

aussieticklegal

TMF Regular
Hi everyone!!

I finish university in six months and am planning on having a large pile of books to read once I'm done.

My plan is to only read book suggested by others in order to widen my reading.

So, any suggestions would be welcomed and I will start hunting for the books once suggestions are made :)

Thanks guys and girls!!

Hmmm, there are a few fiction books I've read in the past few years that really stood out to me. Anything by Mitch Albom is an amazing read - "For One More Day", "The Five People You Meet In Heaven"... both very emotional books, extremely well written.

Also "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen - I highly recommend that if you haven't read it, it was incredible. They made a movie as well that was really good.

"The Pact" by Jodi Picoult, kind of a romance/crime kind of story.

As far as non-fiction goes, I mostly read true crime so that's a little different!

I'm a true crime lover too haha thanks heaps for the suggestions! I am an avid reader, my only problem is I finish books really fast so I go through alot

Ooh, well for true crime, I highly recommend "The Year We Disappeared" by Cindy and John Busby. Written from the daughter's perspective and the father's perspective, of when someone attempted to murder him and the whole family pretty much had to go on the run.

Also, "Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls - not true crime, just a powerful memoir written by a woman whose family lived like nomads.

I used to be an avid reader as well and my tastes are all over the place as you can tell haha. The books I'm recommending aren't just random ones I've read, but ones that have left an impact on me. Hopefully you see some you like!

I've come to find that autobiographies are really enticing reads. I also think that maybe pick a musician that you like. For me, it was Dave Mustaine's book that really sparked my interest in reading again. Just tossing that thought out there. :D

I've come to find that autobiographies are really enticing reads. I also think that maybe pick a musician that you like. For me, it was Dave Mustaine's book that really sparked my interest in reading again. Just tossing that thought out there. :D

An autobiography I'd really recommend is "Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman!" by Richard Feynman, it's a really good book.

A couple of suggestions...

Fantasy
-The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss (This is book 1 in a longer series)

Science Fiction
-The Foundation Series, by Isaac Asimov (Pretty well-known, whatwith Asimov being the father of modern science fiction and all, but I'll list this just in case you haven't read the series.)
-The Gods Themselves, by Isaac Asimov (One of the few works by Asimov that actually has space aliens. I love it, if only because he has gone out of his way to make the aliens so extremely different from anything even remotely human.)

Comedy
-The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared, by Jonas Jonasson. (One of the few Swedish books that I've actually enjoyed.)
-I am a Genius of Unspeakable Evil and I Want to Be Your Class President, by Josh Lieb
-Anything by Douglas Adams, but if you haven't read anything by him before, I suggest you start out with the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

On my own to-read list
-P.S. Your Cat Is Dead, by James Kirkwood Jr.
-Letters to a Young Contrarian, by Christopher Hitchens

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back