• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Computer Did Something Weird........

Traveler

2nd Level Red Feather
I went to boot back up.And,on comes this chkdsk screen.It say's it is checking for consistency on my disk.So it is going along and boom.........,it deletes two index files.........then boom it deletes three more files with the extension of .txt.Were these files that were deleted viruses or what and if they were viruses how come when,I scanned for viruses they weren't picked up.Basically,I am just wondering why,all of a sudden the machine,does a check.and why these files were deleted.Thanks in advance.........

Traveler.

P.S. the machine seems a bit faster.........

More than likely, those files had errors in them. Over time, hard drives acquire "bad sectors," or areas of the hard drive that are corrupted/damaged. Files in that area are sometimes fine, but often the index files for that section have to be rebuilt (Thus the index files were deleted.). NONE OF THE FILES WERE VIRUSES. The chkdsk tool has NO antivirus capability. It merely scans the hard drive to make sure all data and all sectors are optimal. If it found a bad sector that happened to have a virus in it, it would try to fix the secotr and save the virus. :p I suspect it popped up because your computer detected problems when booting or during normal operation. By fixing them, it speeded up your computer, as you noted. It would also have run if the Scandisk utility was run and certain settings are checked.

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back