• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Depression

Knightshade

TMF Regular
I remember Dave talking about his own bout with depression, and I'm going through one of my own.

I'm back on Paxil, and I'm ready to start seeing a counselor if need be. I'm taking it one day at a time.

Hopefully I can keep writing.

I certainly hope that you will overcome, as well. Most people experience depression, at some time, and some more than others. But don't give into it, it's a long road if you let it defeat you before starting to fight it. It sounds like you are, and I'm sure you'll have success. ;-)

Smiley

Knightshade, I send my thoughts your way. Depression is an insidious disease, one that many people tell you to simply "shake off" or some such nonsense.

Do what you need to do, and concern yourself with your own health and well-being. I'm an E-mail away if you'd like to talk.:cool:

Hang in there Knightshade. Depression is nothing to mess with. We're so fortunate in this day and age that there are medicinal ways to help with the depression. For some people medication will need to be a part of their everyday life from now on. That's ok. As long as it helps.

I was on anti-depressants for several years myself. I truly thought I'd be on them for the rest of my life but with the help of God, family and friends I've been able to turn that cycle around. I've been off the anti-depressants for about 3 years now.

If I end up depressed again I won't hesitate to go back to the anti-depressants as they really helped. But life is good today. I'm doing more than ever before, enjoying life more than ever before and spending more time around the people who matter in my life.

Make sure to take time for YOU. Put yourself as Number One for a change. Do something that you enjoy. Take a walk in the fresh air. Go to the park or the zoo. Or hang out with some buddies. Just make sure to put yourself as number one.

I'm here if you need to talk.

Meds are great if the problem is chemical. If it is situational, therapy is the best remedy. I am and always will be on medication. I am bi-polar and take a mood stabilizer. I used to be on antidepressants as well, but have gotten off them in the last year.
Now, I am in therapy and there is no shame in wanting, needing and asking for help. A great support system is always helpful as well.

Take care, Knightshade. You are doing well for yourself.

jen

Hang in there

Listen to some energetic music. Hatebreed always puts me in a good fighting mood!! :D :cool: -Hang in there though. You will be fine.

Thanks

Thank you for the comments and support. I'm going to get more active outdoors again as soon as the weather gets a little nicer. I wish there were someplace to play hockey around here. I was great at goalie, I usually just let the puck hit me lol.

Don't worry it didn't hurt ;)

a little late maybe...

I guess this was probably posted somewhere outside of a decade ago, but I felt that I shoudl reply. I used to be a depressive of the worst kind and I actually wnet to the pshyche ward for it. It's the not funniest disease in teh whole world, but paxil isn't the answer... BELIEVE me. They had me on teh crap adn it did nothign except cost me money adn then I found out how risky the drug can be, doing damage to your liver and kidney's with extended use. The problem, as you probably already know, is a lack of seritonin in your brain.. a good natural way to help this out is by eating a lot of walnuts, getiing better sleep and... Havign fun. Push yourself too. Even if it seems liek all hoipe is lost, try to do something fun, whatever that may be. Sex helps too. Rasies seritonin levels quite a bit...

~CD

No matter who's advice you take whatever you do if you are currently taking medication do not discontinue use without the consent of your doctor. Take it from me, especially with Paxil, you may experience some nasty side effects. Good luck and hang in there remember................and this too shall pass.:D

Thanks again...

I already took the side effects into consideration, and believe me if they start happening I'll find an alternative.

Personally I don't see the big deal with sex and find it overrated.

No, I don't mean while you are on the Paxil I mean if you stop abruptly there are some rather undesirable side effects:D :D

What's New

5/14/2024
If you ned to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back