• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Did You Know: Educational Version!

BlackestLily

3rd Level Green Feather
I guess I'll put this here as it kind of seems like a game.

I see some threads in here are for random facts, or random FALSE facts, but what about real facts that are fun AND USEFUL that can teach someone something they may not have known?

Name the subject area and the fact...and please...it must be a fact about something of worth!

I'll start:

Subject: Computer Shortcuts

Fact: If you hold down the control key before clicking a link, it will open that link in a new tab so you don't have to navigate away from your original window!

Subject: Computer Shortcuts

Fact: If you are operating ANY program, including a windows browser, if you click control+n it will open a new window for you. (This can happen with word...explorer...firefox...you name it!)

Beer

If you have a fire extinguisher and warm cans of beer just empty the extinguisher onto the beer.

Instant cold beer!!:gbtoast:

Subject: Food

Fact: If you have unopened milk that will be going bad soon, freeze it until you're ready to use it. It will stay fresh in the freezer and not affect the taste or quality of the milk!

Subject: Beer

Fact: Put beer cans in a large bucket of ice for thirty minutes and you'll have the best tasting cold beer ever!:dancingbanana:

Bread.

Put bread in the freezer to keep it from going stale, if you are going to be away for awhile.

Fact: Food or popcorn (goes with beer)

If you buy popcorn in bulk and it seems to go stale, put it in the freezer, which will not only keep it but refresh it.

Area: Traffic Laws

Fact: Do NOT go "right on red" here in New York City. It is against the law here even though legal in many other places. The fine will be huge, too. :eek:

Cell phone use and texting, are being outlawed in many places, while driving.

Subject: Cooking

Fact: When making pasta, always be sure to season the water with salt. This increases the flavor of the finished dish.

Subject: Snow removal.

Fact: You can be fined if snow and ice are blowing off of your vehicle while driving.

Fact: If you're looking to melt cheese on some meat for a burger / sandwich, cover with a metal bowl, and pour a tiny bit of water under the bowl. This will create steam, which will melt the cheese faster.

Subject: Cooking.

Fact: Placing a few drops of water in a container will freshen bread and other pastry in a microwave.

Fact: To spice up baked potatoes, coat in oil, then roll in some coarse salt (kosher, preferably).

Subject: Cooking.

Fact: Before making an omelet, be sure that your utensil is well lubricated in order the omelet does not stick when you fold it.

Subject: Financial savings

Fact: www.restaurant.com has reduced price gift certificates to many restaurants around the country. They post the new ones on the first of each month, and many restaurants steadily reduce the prices as the month goes on. There is usually fine print, but you can find some great deals!

What's New

5/13/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the most tickling clips in one place on the web!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back