• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Does lack of exposure lead one to act like an idiot?

Moses25

4th Level Orange Feather
I've never volunteered in a pediatric cancer ward. I've never helped the aged. I've hardly traveled on my own...

Yet I chronically complain over things that I have no control over, as if that's going to change the circumstances for me.

What do I need to do to become a responsible human being, and most importantly, to feel alive once again?

All replies will be gratefully accepted and replied to.

Cheers.:)

Responsibility is a big thing.

Which part of it do you want?

Myriads

Moses, someone I know and love very dearly is forever telling me to accept responsibility for things in my life. Anytime I mess up, and try to justify myself, she doesnt want to hear it. She is always like:" Mitch, I will respect you more if you admit you screwed up, rather than to hear you try to snow me with 1000 excuses". She is very straightforward, and, even though it is hard, my knowing and loving her has helped me place my life into better perspective.
You mentioned the idea of helping. I'll give you a piece of advice from someone who did it: Me. When I was in college, instead of joining a fraternity to drink my head off every weekend, I instead chose to devote three years of my time to a charity organization on campus called Circle K. We would do food drives, clothing drives, events, and other activities to raise money for charities, and promote good causes. One of the most satisfying events we ever participated in was a relay event to raise money for the late Tennis Star Arthur Ashe's AIDS foundation. Mr Ashe had AIDS, and eventually passed away, but our charity met him, and presented him with a check for the money we raised for his charity. While Mr Ashe's battle with AIDS was tragic, I cannot tell you the feeling of worthiness I had to particpate in such an organization, and an event such as that.
So, try doing something such as charity work. Choose a cause, such as world hunger, cancer, any charitable or aiding organization, and devote even a few hours a week of your time to it. You will be glad you did.
I'll get off my soapbox now, but my advice is geniune, and real. I hope it helps you, my friend, you are a good guy. I cannot tell you how being part of Circle K helped me in my life, and how much I learned from it.

Mitch

I don't mean to belittle you in anyway, but the answer has most probably already gone through your mind. Get off your ass and start living! From helping a neighbor to clean their gutters to a local or national campaign of some sort, just get involved. Just figure out what you are good at and lend a hand. For the most part you will find that giving a little of yourself will bring a smile to many people.

Moses25 said:
I've never volunteered in a pediatric cancer ward. I've never helped the aged. I've hardly traveled on my own...

Yet I chronically complain over things that I have no control over, as if that's going to change the circumstances for me.

What do I need to do to become a responsible human being, and most importantly, to feel alive once again?

All replies will be gratefully accepted and replied to.

Cheers.:)

If you're asking a question like that, then you're 3/4 of the way there, in my opinion. I think that if you have the inclination to make these statements and ask that question, then you'll know what to do when you see the opportunities. Good luck.

Really, what I want is to live my life in peace, do what I want to do, and take on responsibilities along the way...step by step.

Thanks for the reply, Myriads.

Cheers. :)

Myriads said:
Responsibility is a big thing.

Which part of it do you want?

Myriads

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back