• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Donnie Darko

renny

TMF Regular
I just saw Donnie Darko last night, and all I have to say is: "What the HELL was that!!!??" But in a good way, I assure you. If you can imagine Heathers crossed with Blue Velvet crossed with Harvey crossed with philosophy of time travel, I highly reccommend seeing this movie.

I saw the movie Donnie Darko on DVD over the weekend and it was great. One of the better movies I have ever seen. It is a movie you have to think about though. If you need more clues as to what actually is going on look at the extras on the DVD. The fictional book "The Philosophy of Time Travel" by Roberta Sparrow is reproduced in its entirety. I recommend reading the whole book it explains a lot. Also look over the deleted and extended scenes and listen to them with and without the director's commentary it also explains a lot. The movie is bizarre, sort of like 2001: A Space Odyssey was bizarre when you first saw it. I would sure like to hear anybody's thoughts on what messages the movie was trying to convey.

I just saw it myself. My take was that he knew from the beginning that he had 28 days until he could go back in time, and chose to at the end to save the life of the girl.

If that's not it, I'm confused. But it was a great film, reminded me a lot of Twin Peaks or Naked Lunch.

:cool:

I think that is more or less right Dave2112, although I thought he ends up saving more than just the girl. It seems from going over the film that he sacrifices himself so the whole town can survive and prosper. I even got the sense that it might be that if he chose to stay alive that the whole universe might collapse or something but I'm not certain about that. I'm letting a friend of mine watch the movie maybe his insights will help me decide more precisely what is going on. The director of the film said in the commentary section of the DVD that he purposely left the film vague and mysterious so people could come up with their own interpretation. I love films like this though that really make think about stuff and life in general.

Anybody else? C'mon, don't let it just be a discussion between these two!

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back