• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Happy belated birthday Koshiro Yuzo! (49)

Tenebrae

Verified
Lately we have been paying tributes to our favorite artists, most dead, some alive. I would like to continue the "Alive" thread with a musician who I think is not known by many people here.

Yesterday (December 12th) was Koshiro Yuzo's ((古代 祐三) birthday. The man is known for being a very, very talented music composer who shone at his best in the 16-bit era of video games consoles, composing the music of several emblematic titles of the period. He will be particularly remembered by yours truly for his work on Streets of Rage, an absolutely sublime soundtrack that had a great impact on me when I played the game at the time. The first time, I believe, when the music in a video game has struck me for its artistic quality. I would sometimes start my Genesis just for the purpose to play his music in the Sound Test. Yes, it was that good. Me and my friends had our first home party on the music of Streets of Rage.

The track he wrote for the anime opening sequence of Namco X Capcom is also great. One of the few electro-pop songs that I can listen to and appreciate; the girl has a sublime voice, and the beat is really good.

So thank you Mr Koshiro for your great work! And happy birthday!

:gbtoast:

Here is his Wikipedia if you want to check him out:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuzo_Koshiro

Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one on Earth who appreciates video game music. That makes me think back to Sword of Vermilion on Sega Genesis, and how I loved the secret sound test for that game. I've got a video game soundtrack playlist on my phone, ranging from NES all the way to some Wii games.

Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one on Earth who appreciates video game music.

No, no: we're two :p And we both like tickling, what are the odds, eh? ;)

Since the triumph of the Playstation, video game music has been very comparable to movie music, which also took time to get the recognition it deserves. Uematsu Nobuo, Harry-Gregson Williams,Yamane Michiru or Inon Zur, just to quote a few, are now considered as peers to the likes of John Williams or Michael Kamen. Gaming ftw! :rockon:

What's New

5/4/2024
The Final vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is open! Visit the GFA fouem and cast your ballot!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back