• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Has The New "Windows Update". Screwed Up Anyone Else's Computers?

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
Have any other forum members done the most recent "Windows Update"

I did it on Sunday.

It completely screwed up my computer.

It put adware on , so that when I try to watch a movie that used to be ad free on Youtube, say from TV, it does not play ad free. Every few minutes, the movie stops, and either an ad pops up on the side, or on the screen, and I have to click it off.

I tried to download an adware cleaner, and clean the computer, but that did not work either.

Any advice on what I might do to get rid of whatever adware this (Stupid) Windows update gave my computer would be appreciated.

Thanks as always,
Mitch

I took the free upgrades on two craptops. Both suffered issues ranging from slowdown to booting up to black screens. My desktop I run 8.1 and considering it's supported till 2023 I'm good. W10 is beta software at best.

The computer itself seems to be running faster, and the sound system , which had been having problems, has actually gotten better.

Its just the stupid ads that keep popping up in places they never have before .

Have you tried downloading shut up 10? It does a pretty good job of bringing things down to basics.

What are you normally using to block ads? If it's an add-on for your browser, maybe Windows updated your browser and it became incompatible with that version of the add-on? In which case updating the add-on might fix it.

Ublock origin and privacy badger work wonders for me in firefox.

Jeff. I honestly don't remember what I was using to block ads.

All I know is that until early this morning when this Windows Update finished, everything was fine.

I'll try updating the add on and see if doing so fixes the problem I'm having.

Thanks.

Someone I know suggested to do a superantispyware scan to clean it out.

I was doing it, and it was running normally for 20 minutes, all seemed fine.

It will usually run into a file that it sees as a problem , identify it, single it out, and then at the end of the scan, usually an hour, allow me to remove it.

This time, the scan stopped dead, did not allow the superantispyware to identify the file or remove it.

Hopefully something else will work. Other than a complete crash, this is one of the worst problems I've ever had with this computer. Sad for something that worked fine until last night.

Last night I downloaded a virus scanner called AV Virus.

I was doing it for.. 90 minutes, 2 hours, and everything seemed fine, when the internet went out in my building.

I'm trying other things today.

Also, while I can access the forum from IE. I have not used IE in years.

When I try to get in from Google Chrome, which is how I usually surf around online, I get a

"Vicious malware" notification.

I don't know if the pop ups are something I might just have to live with, which are annoying, or if I can do something to get rid of them.

I also cant stay signed in anywhere, the forum, other sites, etc.

I finally had to stop trying myself, and call a professional tech about my computer.

He's supposed to be here at 11 am Eastern tomorrow.

Hopefully it won't be too expensive.

It will be good to hopefully have this resolved.

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back