• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

HD Tickling ~ Free HD Preview (M/F, WMV)

ZenTickling

1st Level Green Feather
I've been busy converting the clips in my store from MOV files to WMV files because of the general unhappiness with the MOV format. About half of my clips are now available in WMV format, and they are still in HD.

I've converted a preview of Amber's clip into a high definition WMV format, and I'd like some feedback on it. Does it work right? How does it look? Anybody have problems getting it to play? Is it better/worse than the MOV clips? etc..

You can download it here (approx 30 MB): http://www.megarotic.com/?d=1WE6RBD9

Thanks! :veryhappy

The format war...

I still don't understand this. MOV movies are played out fine by the QuickTime player. The QT player is a free download from Apple. Is this really that complicated?

I am both a Windows and a Mac user, and I have a player for every main format:
QuickTime -> MOV,
Windows Media Player -> WMV,
Real Player -> RM,
DivX -> AVI and DIVX,
MPlayer, VLC -> if all of the above fail.

All of them free downloads for both platforms.

I even have found players for odd formats like FLV (the one that YouTube videos use) and SWF. There is even a Google Video player.

I am sure there is a way to find THE player to play them all, but I usually like to use the one from the originator of the format.

Is the problem that people just want to use one player and forget about everything else?

Considering that WMV and MOV are probably the main two useful formats from video creation, what is the harm in having two applications installed on your PC?

Bye,

Knight Tickler

Quicktime is actually likely the best quality computer video format. However getting the public to see this is no easy task. If Apple added WMV playback to Quicktime, maybe more people would adopt it is an installed player.

JD

I appreciate the conversion to wmv clips. mpeg clips are not of very high quality. I cannot play mov clips because I cannot download the latest Quicktime player. In order to do this I would need to install Service Pack 2 on my computer. Everytime I try to install service pack 2 I lose my internet connection. The only way I can have service pack 2 is to install the XP operating system with service pack 2 already installed. Doing this I would lose everything on my computer. It's not worth it just to play mov files. In the near future I am planning to buy a new computer, most likely Apple. Thanks for the conversion. Your Amber sample clip in wmv format looks great especially in comparison to mpeg.

I know.. I'm a Mac guy and it would be a lot easier for me to leave them in MOV format. Unfortunately there are a bunch of people that can't play these clips, and they're missing out on the HD aspect. The last of the clips should be transferred over to WMV today.

What's New

4/29/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see who is meeting when and where!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back