• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Help with Winzip

grippedchimp

2nd Level Yellow Feather
I want to post a clip that's just over 2MB in size, and I've zipped it, but it's still over the 2MB limit here. I was wondering how you reduce the size of the zip file. Or should I use WinRAR instead?

if It's wmv I can reduce the size without losing quality, also rar is smaller then zip. I will help as I can, please post or send me that other clip from the UK :) Thanks!

grippedchimp said:
I want to post a clip that's just over 2MB in size, and I've zipped it, but it's still over the 2MB limit here. I was wondering how you reduce the size of the zip file. Or should I use WinRAR instead?

Since graphic files are already compressed (just because they are graphics) winzip, or most programs like it, do not work. They can't compress the graphics any more than they already are. I'm not sure what you can use, and if anyone knows of something, I'd be interested hearing. I've been in a similiar situation, with no solution.

tbbw

Since graphic files are already compressed (just because they are graphics) winzip, or most programs like it, do not work. They can't compress the graphics any more than they already are.

Not always....depends on the format of the image itself. Actually, it is the level of compression that distinguishes image files (example, bit map's are not as compressed as jpegs). At my old job, I compressed AutoCAD drawings for e-mail purposes using WINzip. I know it is possible to do so...just depends the situation i suppose.

As for video files, what I do (since my capturing equipment records everything as mpegs) is use Windows Movie Maker, which comes with XP, to change the size of the clip. Import the clip into Windows Movie Maker (or Movie Maker 2, if you have upgraded to Service Pack 2), and edit the clip as you see fit (basically, drag all of the segments into the storyboard). Click file, then click "Save Movie File". A splash screen will come up allowing you to select where to save the clip (usually to your computer). On the next screen, you will name the new clip and select the destination for the save. The next screen will give the option to allow the computer to select the proper file size, or you can do this yourself (use common sense at this point: If it suggests a size more than 2 Mb**, change it to something smaller). The new file will be saved in Windows Media format unless you specify otherwise (and if you intend on sharing here, I would suggest .wmv or you will see more requests for changing file extensions than you will appreciation for what you shared). And that is basically it.

I hope this helps.

**Since I posted this, the posting size has changed to 5M. I just didnt want there to be any confusion with new members.

Last edited:
What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back