• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

I just received all 7 seasons of Star Trek - The Next Generation on DVD!

drew70

Yeah, baby! All seven seasons of one of the best SciFi shows to ever hit the air waves! Suncoast wanted $150 a season. Were I to have purchased the DVD's there I would have had to pay $1050 for all seven seasons. Instead, I paid a fraction of that for them on E-Bay. Yeah, they've got Chinese writing all over the covers, but they play in English, which is all I care about. I've already found an episode I've never seen before. "The Hunted," from the 3rd season. It rocked!

Here's something interesting I noticed, for any trivia buffs. We know that Security Chief Tasha Yar dies late in the first season, in the episode "Skin of Evil." However, the episode "Symbiosis" which occurs chronologically before Skin of Evil was actually filmed after, and was the last episode filmed in which Denise Crosby plays Lieutenant Yar. What's interesting is that toward the end of Symbiosis, right after the departure of the quarreling aliens, there is a scene in which you see Picard and Dr Crusher leaving the cargo bay. Just as the door is closing, if you look, you can see Denise Crosby breaking character and waving good-bye to her fans. I'd read about this years ago, but this was the first time I'd actully seen it. Pretty cool, huh?

drew70 said:
Yeah, baby! All seven seasons of one of the best SciFi shows to ever hit the air waves! Suncoast wanted $150 a season. Were I to have purchased the DVD's there I would have had to pay $1050 for all seven seasons. Instead, I paid a fraction of that for them on E-Bay. Yeah, they've got Chinese writing all over the covers, but they play in English, which is all I care about. I've already found an episode I've never seen before. "The Hunted," from the 3rd season. It rocked!

Here's something interesting I noticed, for any trivia buffs. We know that Security Chief Tasha Yar dies late in the first season, in the episode "Skin of Evil." However, the episode "Symbiosis" which occurs chronologically before Skin of Evil was actually filmed after, and was the last episode filmed in which Denise Crosby plays Lieutenant Yar. What's interesting is that toward the end of Symbiosis, right after the departure of the quarreling aliens, there is a scene in which you see Picard and Dr Crusher leaving the cargo bay. Just as the door is closing, if you look, you can see Denise Crosby breaking character and waving good-bye to her fans. I'd read about this years ago, but this was the first time I'd actully seen it. Pretty cool, huh?

YES!!, anything about Startrek is cool!!

awesome drew.. but i already knew this.. hehe. have you watched them all yet?

Good God, no. LOL. I'm still on the first season. Only got three episodes left: We'll Always Have Paris, The Neutral Zone, and my own personal favorite, Conspiracy! That's the one where Admiral Gregory Quinn and other Star Fleet brass are taken over by alien parasites. It's my favorite because of the way Picard and Riker dealt with the aliens. They didn't have a conference or vote or discussion, nor did they try and analyse the aliens' feelings. No sir, they just pulled a "Space Ghost" and annihilated them with phasers set to kill! Damn, that was cool!

::knock knock knock knock:: Official DVD Inspector! Open up!

I'm going to need to confiscate those for a thorough inspection, Drew! It's my duty, after all. :smilestar

awesome!

wow, and here i thought i was cool just because i had the special editions of all 10 trek movies on DVD. kudos on your collection, next gen rocks! peace.........BLUE _THUNDER :Hyrdrogen

AffectionateDan said:
I'm going to need to confiscate those for a thorough inspection, Drew! It's my duty, after all. :smilestar
Sorry, Lt Danimal, I'll need to see a warrant, first! :upsidedow But you know, I've always wanted to host a Star Trek Marathon, and if you were local, you'd be at the top of my invite list! Well....almost. I think Mz Chaos would be at the top. :D

BLUE_THUNDER said:
wow, and here i thought i was cool just because i had the special editions of all 10 trek movies on DVD. kudos on your collection, next gen rocks! peace.........BLUE _THUNDER :Hyrdrogen
Hey man, don't let anybody tell you different. You ARE cool for having those special editions! If only we could matter replicate our collections for the other! :D

Yup, we're all officially green....

:dogpile: Congratulations, you are one *VERY* lucky man!!! :bouncybou
NextGen was (imho) the most entertaining

though Deep Space Nine :atom: was darn close... With a Ferengi, a Shapeshifter and a Symbiotic Trill ... Ok, maybe no contest... :D

I have a huge collection of Star Trek stuff....from all of the shows...

I have over 30 autographed photos...a lot of dvds and Videos...the 3 dimensional chess set from the original amongst many many other things...

One of the prizes that I own is the entire cartoon series on video cassette..

The original actors from the original series did the voices.....

Great coup Drew.....I would love to own the whole Next Gen series.... :xpulcy:

*adjusts his geek hat*

Oh yeah, I am/was a big fan of Star Trek:Next Generation.

DS9 got good esp toward the end when the war started between the Federation and the Dominion...

Data was always my favorite character and I thought he was one actor besides Patrick Stewart that would move on to "other" things, but hasn't been seen really since the Movies have ended. Shame, he was a good actor in general.

Funny aside, whenever I see the X-men movies and Xavier and Wolverine are in the same scene, I always say to myself, "Make it so, Wolverine"...

Wow, my geekness just overflowed in that post... :scared:

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back