• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

New York Lottery

Biggles of 266

1st Level Red Feather
On the first anniversary of the 9-11 terrorist attacks, the evening numbers drawn in the New York Lottery were 9-1-1.

"The numbers were picked in the standard random fashion using all the same protocols," said lottery spokeswoman Carolyn Hapeman. "It's just the way the numbers came up."

Lottery officials won't know until tomorrow morning how many people played those numbers or the total payout, she said.

For the evening numbers game, the New York Lottery selects from balls numbered zero to nine circulating in a machine at the lottery office. Three levers are pressed, and three balls are randomly brought up into tubes and then displayed.

AP

yeah right!!!! "it was random"...yeah, sure....the winning #'s just so happen to be 9-1-1 on the same day as 9/11 in New York....

how much was the jackpot anyway? i wish the California lottery was 3 numbers. this 5 numbers plus a 6 number (which can be the same number as one of the 1st five) makes it hard for me to retire....

If it's possible for people to win the California lottery (one guy won $141 million BY HIMSELF), then something like this can happen randomly! :)

The probability of 9-1-1 being drawn on any particular day is (if I got my math right) 1 to 10*10*10, or 1/1000. So the probability of having it drawn on September 11 is roundabouts one in 364000. That's not impossible, just pretty improbable. It's just a third as unlikely as a one-in-a-million chance.

Poor winners, though. They'll have to share the spoils - they'll probably go home with a couple of dimes each.

On the other hand - who on earth chooses 9-1-1 as their LUCKY NUMBERS?!?

In my job, I deal with the New York Lottery quite a bit. The 3-number game (otherwise known as the Daily Numbers), doesn't really pay all that much. If you're talking about winning millions, you're thinking of Lotto or MegaMillions. The Daily Numbers are drawn twice a day, almost like taking your chances at high-stakes Bingo.

In Lotto, you need more than just three numbers...much like the mentioned California Lottery, it involves ten numbers with a supplemental.

In Connecticut the daily #s are drawn twice a day. On special holidays or dates in history, thousands of people play the same series of 3 #'s. The payouts are standard. No pools or big jackpot. There have been several occasions where the State has stopped selling a particular combination of #'s because they wont let more people play than what they can afford to pay out if the combo comes out.

Ven

Last edited:
A couple decades ago, there was this conspiracy to fix the Pennsylvania Lottery. What they did was add a little bit of weight to all the balls, except the winning one. They used those machines that uses air to mix the balls up and shoot them up a tube. Since the other numbers were a little bit heavier, the winning numbers shot up the tube faster.

Here's another 9/11 oddity

On September 11th, the New York Yankees won 5-4 in 11 innings. What's odd about that, you ask? The total runs scored equal 9 and there were 11 innings. Maybe a stretch, but odd, just the same.

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back