• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Private message formating

marcusb

Verified
Not sure why but the text of all my private messages is centered instead of left justified (both messages I send and receive). Is this a bug, on purpose or am I missing some setting?

Above the compose message box there is a Bold button (B) a Italic button (I) a Unserscore button (U) then three symbols the first is left justify the next center and the last right justify. Click the one you want you message to be formatted in.

Myriads

Yes, I'm aware of this. My point is all messages are centered... even those sent by others and messages I've composed with L justification properly set.

I just sent one to you and copied myself, and at least in my version it is right formatted as I selected it.

Are you highlighting the text before you select the format you want it to appear in? It should have tags surrounding it, such as

Has this centered issue always been here for you with the new forum, or did it suddenly start one day? If so any major computer changes around then?

Myriads

Myriads said:
Has this centered issue always been here for you with the new forum, or did it suddenly start one day? If so any major computer changes around then?

Myriads

It's been doing this since the forum upgrade (all 3 of my PCs behave the same). Also, messages I had in my inbox prior to the upgrade also display centered.

The test PM I sent formatted properly, though, right? I think you may just be doing it wrong.

MTP Jeff said:
The test PM I sent formatted properly, though, right? I think you may just be doing it wrong.

Your first line was R justifed but everything in your signature was centered. Is that how you have it formatted?

What could I be doing wrong? Messages sent to me are displaying centered .

marcusb said:
Your first line was R justifed but everything in your signature was centered. Is that how you have it formatted?

What could I be doing wrong? Messages sent to me are displaying centered .

So you want signatures to be justified? I mean, you seem to be saying that my message was right justified but at the same time all messages are centered, and you've kind of lost me here.

MTP Jeff said:
So you want signatures to be justified? I mean, you seem to be saying that mine was right justified but at the same time all messages are centered, and you've kind of lost me here.

We've got off-track with the signature thing. My original problem is ALL private messages sent TO me display with the text centered.

You said in your PM to me that you saw everything as right justified except my signature.

MTP Jeff said:
You said in your PM to me that you saw everything as right justified except my signature.

When you specifically R justified it, yes. Otherwise, all messages sent to me are centered.

Well, in your post above you said that even ones that you were properly formatting were being centered. Is that actually the case, or are you just discovering for the first time that if you don't choose another formatting option, it defaults to being centered?

MTP Jeff said:
Well, in your post above you said that even ones that you were properly formatting were being centered. Is that actually the case, or are you just discovering for the first time that if you don't choose another formatting option, it defaults to being centered?

Groan. Just skip it. I'll just ignore that all messages sent to me display centered and move on. If centered is the default behavior of forum PMs that is truely odd.

I'm looking for a general issue with the settings that accounts default to, but have found none that cause a centering issue. It's not something I seem to be able to force. Even odder is that it's only appearing for you which indicates a unique issue with your account/cookies/system interfaced with the forums software. It's not like all users are having this happen, so it's not a problem with the userclass.

My basic fall back on these issues is to try a cookie fix. Delete the cookie that you have from the forum, then log back in and get a new one. That may clear it up.

Is the formatting issue happening on regular forum posts also, or just PM's?

Myriads

He's talking about the fact that PMs are centered by default, which they are. It's just how vbulletin happens to do PMs.

All of mine are centered...I always log out and back in, so cookies shouldnt be the issue...

It doesnt bother me, however, Just thought you would want to know.

Ray

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back