• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Sleep Eating

CapturedDoll

Verified
Does anyone else do this? I've been doing this since I was 14.

I take bendryl at night and I STILL get up to eat, half asleep. We're going to literally have to lock down the kitchen at this point. (We've done it in the past but this time it has to be permanent. I've been eating bread and butter sandwiches and tortillas for the last week. Sometimes 2.) This completly making me restless and kinda hungover and exhausted the next day. It's awful to wake up to.

My mom dealt with this for a long time. She'd wake up in bed with like half-eaten banana here, a piece of cake there, all confused.

I'll check with her and see if she still suffers from it or what might have helped her. (I think she had to switch to a different sleep aid)

EDIT:

"I take Trazadone for sleep but I still eat at night. 3 boxes of jr mints, Luna bar and yogurt I went thru last night. lol "

I guess it's not so bad for her anymore since she can't eat gluten now, so she keeps a lot of "healthier" things around (she be addicted to them jr mints tho lolol) but yeah, she still has some bad nights I guess.

Love this thread, would be very interested to hear what works for folks who may have dealt with this also.

You might want to consider Ambien. That stuff basically puts you in a coma for 7 hours. It treats insomnia like none other. While it deosnt sound like insomnisa is what you have, but if the Ambien can keep you from waking up, that gets you the result you want.

My mom dealt with this for a long time. She'd wake up in bed with like half-eaten banana here, a piece of cake there, all confused.

I'll check with her and see if she still suffers from it or what might have helped her. (I think she had to switch to a different sleep aid)

EDIT:

"I take Trazadone for sleep but I still eat at night. 3 boxes of jr mints, Luna bar and yogurt I went thru last night. lol "

I guess it's not so bad for her anymore since she can't eat gluten now, so she keeps a lot of "healthier" things around (she be addicted to them jr mints tho lolol) but yeah, she still has some bad nights I guess.

Love this thread, would be very interested to hear what works for folks who may have dealt with this also.

Thank you chicago. Please give your mom for me a hug. It's quite a burden.

There are wrappers on the floor and half eaten sandwiches on the nightstand here sometimes. lol One time I had 3 or 4 protein bars. That was SO not a fun day. Sick is an understatement. And I wake up feeling like there's a sweater in my throat.

My Doctor prescribed recently as a first attempt after the Benedryl didn't work: Quetiapine (Seroquel 50 mg) I still ate AND felt even worse- I'll be seeing her soon so... because I'm on other meds though- Working out so I stay asleep is also going to help cure this. But when you don't have the energy to begin with.. gawd its hard to make it through the day doing anything at all.

You might want to consider Ambien. That stuff basically puts you in a coma for 7 hours. It treats insomnia like none other. While it deosnt sound like insomnisa is what you have, but if the Ambien can keep you from waking up, that gets you the result you want.

Thanks Tickaler, I'll just have to see what my Doctor says. But at this point I know it's because I'm not exercising. Which is key to stopping this. I have to do at least 2-3 hours to be worked out enough for it. And bendryl still on top. So in the next 2 weeks I'm on top of it for proper results to give her.

Benedryl, it should be noted, (Diphenhydramine) is the main ingredient in almost every over the counter (OTC) sleep medication on the market. ZZZ-Quil, Aleve PM, and most generic brands. You should always check the ingredients for any OTC but especially for sleep-aids because you're usually paying for the name.

Ambien is actually one of the biggest culprits when it comes to "sleep eating." Not everyone has that experience, but the first time I heard of it and read about it, it was a result of someone taking Ambien. Seroquel is really an anti-psychotic medication but it's prescribed in smaller doses for sleep, same as Trazadone, which is an anti-depressant but used for sleep in smaller doses. Some people have adverse side-effects, I get restless legs and would usually opt for benedryl myself if I had to.

I use Kava now, it's a recent discovery (for me) but I like it, it's the root of a plant and you can get it on Amazon or even a health food store depending on where you live. It brews a kind of tea which makes your mouth a bit numb when you drink it and gives your legs that sort of rubbery feeling. So far, I haven't felt any adverse side-effects. This stuff is good for anxiety and depression, supposedly, and as long as you don't take too much it's a lot safer than any pharmaceutical. More and more I'm getting interested in alternatives to pharmaceuticals. I grow a few things out in my yard to make tinctures, and others I can usually find on Amazon.

I've always had a problem with sleep, I have chronic nightmares which can wear me down after a while. Because of my unfortunate death and problems in the past with liquor, doctors won't prescribe the one thing that ever worked, which is called Temazepam or Ristoril. You might ask your doctor about it if you're really suffering. I don't think you'll wake up at all and you won't remember your dreams. Big difference between not dreaming and not remembering dreams - I needed it for the latter, obviously, because my dreams are horrifying, but you should know it doesn't stop you from dreaming.

The other thing I'm thinking is called, Prazosin - just something to mention to your doctor. It's a blood pressure medicine but it works by reducing adrenaline released when you sleep. Maybe reducing adrenaline will keep you in bed even if you do wake up, I don't know, talk to the doctor about it I guess. I'd try Kava though because in addition to its sedative effects, it's an appetite suppressant. Wow, I just thought of that, that might be your ticket.

Benedryl, it should be noted, (Diphenhydramine) is the main ingredient in almost every over the counter (OTC) sleep medication on the market. ZZZ-Quil, Aleve PM, and most generic brands. You should always check the ingredients for any OTC but especially for sleep-aids because you're usually paying for the name.

Ambien is actually one of the biggest culprits when it comes to "sleep eating." Not everyone has that experience, but the first time I heard of it and read about it, it was a result of someone taking Ambien. Seroquel is really an anti-psychotic medication but it's prescribed in smaller doses for sleep, same as Trazadone, which is an anti-depressant but used for sleep in smaller doses. Some people have adverse side-effects, I get restless legs and would usually opt for benedryl myself if I had to.

I use Kava now, it's a recent discovery (for me) but I like it, it's the root of a plant and you can get it on Amazon or even a health food store depending on where you live. It brews a kind of tea which makes your mouth a bit numb when you drink it and gives your legs that sort of rubbery feeling. So far, I haven't felt any adverse side-effects. This stuff is good for anxiety and depression, supposedly, and as long as you don't take too much it's a lot safer than any pharmaceutical. More and more I'm getting interested in alternatives to pharmaceuticals. I grow a few things out in my yard to make tinctures, and others I can usually find on Amazon.

I've always had a problem with sleep, I have chronic nightmares which can wear me down after a while. Because of my unfortunate death and problems in the past with liquor, doctors won't prescribe the one thing that ever worked, which is called Temazepam or Ristoril. You might ask your doctor about it if you're really suffering. I don't think you'll wake up at all and you won't remember your dreams. Big difference between not dreaming and not remembering dreams - I needed it for the latter, obviously, because my dreams are horrifying, but you should know it doesn't stop you from dreaming.

The other thing I'm thinking is called, Prazosin - just something to mention to your doctor. It's a blood pressure medicine but it works by reducing adrenaline released when you sleep. Maybe reducing adrenaline will keep you in bed even if you do wake up, I don't know, talk to the doctor about it I guess. I'd try Kava though because in addition to its sedative effects, it's an appetite suppressant. Wow, I just thought of that, that might be your ticket.

Thank you Irving for all this great information!

I too have nightmares and Seroquel did stop them. I didn't remember them whuch was a huge relief. I've lost most all of my family and Gf so... I understand. And other nightmares like Zombies and more. Ugh.

I will definetly try Kava. :) *crosses fingers*

Many people swear by valerian root as well. It wasn't strong enough for me.

I've actually dreamt of being incredibly thirsty, to the point where I actually dream I'm downing a glass of diet coke or something similar. I usually wake up dehydrated from those dreams too.

Valerian wasn't strong enough for me either, neither was melatonin, hence the Kava. Be careful with all these things; even if they are sold over the counter or on Amazon, everyone reacts differently and you never know what's going to have an adverse effect. There's a dangerous trend in people thinking that if something is plant based or sold in stores it can't be dangerous. Not true. On the bright side though, a lot of people have taken to discovering old folk remedies, growing medicinal plants and herbs, and creating tinctures. It's a great hobby and I've learned a lot about stuff that grows naturally right in my backyard. Who knew wild lettuce could be a pain killer? Or that fresh mint can cure an upset stomach? Well, lots of people, probably, but...

What's New

5/22/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for more tickling clips of all sorts then anyplace else!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back