• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

TSlice5Life

Another chapter posted, finally. Been putting it off for a while. Not too much to say; aside from the fact that we've finally left the manor. Onwards and upwards right? Or is it... downwards? Who knows.

:redstar::feather:
- - - - - - -
Chapter XII: Fleeing To The Crypt

William was just loading up the last round into the chamber as Alexandria lazily dangled her legs off the bed. He set the gun onto the table after packing the shot and rubbed his head.

As his fingers touched the bump on top, he winced and clenched his eyes shut. “Tch... Ow...” he muttered, retracting his hand. Alexandria shot him a look and chuckled.

William turned around and looked at the girl; “... Is there something funny you want to tell me about?” he asked, glaring at her. Alexandria shook her head and stiffled a giggle, “Heehee... No. I'm alright.”

William turned back around and grimaced; “... That's what I thought.” he added, standing up and removing the stock from the gun. He layed them onto the table as he walked over and joined Alexandria on the bed. She watched as the boy fell beside her; the pillows bounced up as he landed. “Uggghhhh........” came a groan as she turned away.

“Hey, aren't you supposed to be watching out for danger?” Alexandria asked, gently knocking his leg with her bare foot. Wiliam swatted her foot away as he put a pillow over his face. “Too hungry...” he muttered. The girl sighed and layed out next to him. She gave him a poke to his sides as he squirmed around; “Hey! What?” he asked, rolling away.

Alexandria laughed, “Be a gentleman and pass me a pillow.” she replied. “I'm going to give you more than just a pillow if you keep it up.” he added, tossing one onto her face.

She grabbed the pillow and put it under her head; “I'd like to see you try, little boy.” she added as she put an arm over her eyes.

William narrowed his eyes at the girl as he sat up and crossed his legs. “Little boy; please.” he thought, crossing his arms.

He slowly got off the bed and stretched before walking towards the table. The boy stopped and looked at Alexandria before moving on. He shot her a smirk; “Y'know, it must be pretty hard being you, Lexi.” he spoke, watching as the girl slowly lifted her arm up, opening an eye to him.

“Oh really? It must be hard for you too, Sprout.” she replied, watching as his eyebrow twitched in anger.

He said nothing as he went over and grabbed his gun and stock; putting them on before walking towards the door. Alexandria flipped over and kicked her legs back and forth, watching him grab the doorknob.

William turned around, ready to say something but stopped. He turned back and opened the door, stepping outside as he heard Alexandria's voice call out after him “Make sure you guard that hallway, Sprout! You wouldn't want anything bad to happen to Carrie and me, would you?

She started giggling as he slammed the door shut; she could hear his boots trudging along the hallway as she flipped back onto her back. The bathroom door slowly opened as Carrie stepped out from within; she had a towel wrapped around herself as she made her way over to a chair.

“... What was that all about?” she asked, sitting down. “Oh... don't worry about it. Just getting Sprout all wound up.” Alexandria laughed as she stood up to stretch. Carrie slowly shook her head as she sifted through her clothes.

“I won't be long; make sure he doesn't try anything while I'm in there.” Allie spoke, walking towards the bathroom. “Right... sure.” Carrie replied, watching her close the door.

The girl finished drying off and put on her clothes. She moved over to the bed to put on her boots as the window along the wall slowly opened. Carrie looked up and set her boots back down. “Odd....” she thought, as she got up to go close it. Outside, the clouds were dark, as the sun continued to rise. She looked around at the landscape outside; surprised to hear no sounds at all. "Must be my imagination..." she mumbled before pulling the window shut. As she turned around, she was shocked to see a well dressed man standing before her.

The man immediately put his arms up as she began to charge an orb in her hand. “Wait, wait!” he exclaimed, taking a few steps back.

Carrie raised her arm as she walked towards him, noticing the tail swinging around behind him. She could feel an enormous magical power coming off of him. “I'm not an enemy, lass!” He yelled, watching as she slowly brought her hand down. “What are you doing in here?” she asked, “How did you get past William?!”

The man slowly pulled a stopwatch from his pocket, checking the time. “It's all in the watch, my girl.” he replied, dangling it by the chain towards her. “Look outside again, I'm sure you'll get what I mean.” Carrie slowly turned her eyes towards the window.

As she looked outside, she could see that time had stopped; or at least everything but her and the man. Leaves that were blowing around in the air were stuck in place, as well as the trees that bowed in the wind.

“W...What?” she breathed, looking back towards him. The man's tail swung back and forth as he took his glasses off and examined them. “... Something wrong?” he asked, breathing onto the lens before he wiped them with a cloth. “Who... or what are you?” she muttered, feeling her heart beginning to beat faster. He simply smiled as he placed his glasses back on; their dark lenses slightly obscuring his hazel colored eyes.

“Hah.. I'm sure you already know the answer. I'm what you humans would call a demon.” he replied, watching as her eyes slightly widened.

“You can call me Renon, lass. I also happen to be a salesman, believe it or not.” Renon stopped and sighed, placing his breifcase onto the small table. “Yes... truly shameful for a demon to be working; but even I need gold in Hell these days...” he muttered, looking back towards her.

Carrie smirked and raised her arms up. “Ok... wait. So you're telling me that you're a salesman, coincidentally from Hell no less? Do you believe me a fool, Renon?”

Renon sighed, “Now now, look. I've been doing this sort of thing for many centuries; changing my appearance to what suits the times. I seek out those willing to try their hand at subduing Count Dracula. You aren't the first I've come in contact with, and you certainly won't be the last, I'm afraid."

He paused to clear his throat before continuing, "I offer you “Hunters” provisions and the like to reach the castle and stop Dracula; nothing more, nothing less.” Carrie eyed the man warily. “I still don't buy it... then again, who am I to say he's lying?” she thought, “I don't think I could stop him either way; his power far exceeds my own...”

Renon cleared his throat and continued. “Now Ms. Fernandez, do you really think I would be standing before 'ya if I weren't telling the truth?” he replied.

The girl could feel her breath catch in the back of her throat. “H-How do you know--” she began.

“... Your name? Carrie, I know more about you than ya' think. So do you still believe I'm lying?”

Carrie slowly swallowed as she looked away. She winced as she felt the pain in her arm begin again, this time, moving to her chest as well. It felt as though someone was stabbing her with daggers; the pain made her drop to her knees and cry out. “Ah... I see Lanette's “gift” is starting to get to ya'.” Renon remarked, watching as the girl gritted her teeth.

“How long has...has he been watching me?” she thought, looking up. Renon helped her up as the pain started to subside a little. “Turning into a vampire... aye... a deadly curse if there ever was one.” he remarked. The demon slowly opened his briefcase as Carrie looked on, breathing heavily. “Don't... don't remind me...” she uttered, feeling the anger beginning to well up inside her.

Renon snapped his fingers; a small table suddenly appeared. On it, were a few different objects; a small blue sphere, a vial of a pink liquid; what appeared to be a medical case nearby. There were also various cards and food stuffs about, but nothing that caught her attention.

He slowly picked up the blue sphere; inside seemed to be some sort of red liquid that swirled around. It was barely half the size of her palm. “I think you'll be interested in this, lass.” he said, offering her the crystal. She raised an eyebrow to him, “What is it?”

“A Purifying Crystal, they call it. It's an ancient artifact that can solve your... affliction.” he added, watching as she eyed it. “How can it... do that?” she asked, feeling the pain beginning to return. “Put it up to the bite, and you'll feel the area get numb. Give it a few seconds and pull it away. The crystal will turn black; it absorbs the evil aura from within 'yer body.”

Renon slowly offered to her, as Carrie hesitated. “Lass, if you've got another way to cure it, I'll leave ya' be. But just think about it.”

The girl slowly stood up, as the pain returned full force. She could felt her heart beginning to beat faster. She bit her lip as she slowly extended her hand to him. “... What's the cost?” she quipped, pulling her hand away. Renon smiled and shook his head. “Ah... yes; right now, don't worry about it. However, there is one thing I need first from you. If you would, m'lady.”

The demon pulled out a chair for her to sit down, which she did. He pulled over his briefcase and began to remove a few papers. He pulled out a jar of ink and a quill pen as well.

“Formalities...” he muttered, giving her an exasperated look. “Worst part of this job, I tell ya'. Now... If I can have you sign this...” he added, sliding a piece of parchment over to her. At the bottom were two lines with X's next to each. She looked over the scroll; there were a few paragraphs written in ink, but in some style of script she had never seen before.

“What's all this?” she asked, watching as Renon checked the time. “Aye, don't worry about all that. It's just the formal stuff; I bequeathe unto you my services for as long as you are alive, and in return, you accept the goods I bequeathe unto you. Using them to the best of your abilities... etcetera etcetera, so on, and so forth.”

Carrie raised an eyebrow towards him; “Lass, time is of the essence right now. I've other things to take care of. Don't worry, I'm not going to rip your soul from your body, or cast you into a pit of flames. I like to think I'm a 'wee bit more reasonable than that.” he said with a chuckle. Carrie slowly took the quill as she dipped it in ink. She signed her name on the first line as Renon looked on.

“Unless of course you decide not to pay; then I'm afraid I'll have no other choice but to take your soul as payment...”

“Um... Ok. Anything else?” she asked.

Renon took the contract and signed his name beneath hers; dating it as well. “Nope. You're all set 'lass. Consider yourself an open tab here. If ever you need anything, use this to summon me.” he replied, handing her a small rolled up scroll. She took it and looked it over. “Just hold it out and snap your fingers; I'll be there within seconds.” he added, standing up.

“Well Ms. Fernandez, the pleasure was all mine.” Renon spoke, removing his hat and bowing to her. He pulled out his pocketwatch once more; “Dear me, is that the time? I'm afraid we've talked too long.”

The demon snapped his fingers as the table and it's contents disappeared. He handed her the crystal orb before putting the papers back into his briefcase. He bowed once more before adding, “Here; take that. Just remember, when the need arises, use the scroll to summon me.”

Carrie stood up and watched him dissapate. She looked to the purification crystal before running towards the window. The leaves that were frozen in place began to move again; everything seemed normal... “Except for this...” she thought, putting the scroll into her side pouch. She walked back to the bed and sat down, examining the small artifact. “Cures the curse... interesting...” she muttered. She placed it into her pouch as well. “Better wait on that one...”

William opened the door, “Hey, you alright? Thought I heard something...” Carrie waved the boy off, “No.. No one but me, Sprout.”

The boy sighed and narrowed his eyes. “Alright... that's it.”

Carrie asked, “Wait, is everything clear out there?” William began crossing the room to the bathroom door; “Yup. Not a soul to be found; walked the floor twice already.” The girl watched as he shot her a look, bringing his finger to his mouth to shoosh her. He slowly opened the door as he saw Alexandria in the tub relaxing.

Her back was to him as he reached over on the countertop and picked up her clothes she layed out. Alexandria brought her arms up and back around her head as William froze in place. “Carrie, I hope William only stopped in to tell you how guard duty's going! It's kinda nice having that little squirt around...” she called out, completely unaware that William was behind her.

“This'll show you; ungrateful hag.” he thought, as he picked up her clothes and boots, leaving nothing but her underwear. William silently shut the door as he made his way back towards the entrance. Carrie had to stiffle her laughter as he shot her a grin.

As he left the room, Carrie heard his footsteps grow fainter. All of a sudden, she heard a loud cry; “... What the!? Where are MY CLOTHES!!”

The sorceress walked over to the door and slowly opened it. “What's wrong Allie?” Carrie asked, trying her best to keep a straight face. “My clothes are gone!!” she yelled. “Oh wow... they are!” Carrie exclaimed.

She picked up the girl's lacy underwear and held them out. “You still have this at least...” Alexandria narrowed her eyes at the girl; “... Sprout was in here, wasn't he?” The young girl shrugged her shoulders and set the clothing back down. “I couldn't tell you; I was laying on the bed resting when he came in to report. By the time I opened my eyes... he was gone.”

Alexandria let out a cry and slapped the water, sending it flying every-which-way. “AHHHH! I swear, if the vampires don't get him first, I WILL!!” she yelled as she sank down into the water. Carrie slowly shut the door as she made her way back to the bed, silently laughing to herself...

- -

The ground level was as silent as the other floors. Leon quickly caught up with the other two as they entered the dining area and the adjacent kitchen. Henry let out a low whistle as he looked at the lavishly large room. “Well, that explains why Lanette was so full of herself...” he muttered, as Reinhardt and Leon looked around. “Yeah, no kidding.” Reinhardt replied, examining the paintings on the walls.

Leon slowly pushed the door that lead to the kitchen open, noticing that everything was strewn about. “Seems everyone just up and left... what gives? Not that I'm complaining but...” he thought.

Henry went in and looked around at the food laying about. Various vegetables and meats were scattered about; still seemingly fresh. “Henry, are these still any good?” Reinhardt asked, picking up a dish of sliced beef. The other man walked over and smelled the food; “Yeah... it seems alright. Doesn't smell like it's been poisoned or anything... In fact, I remember a few of the cooks making up some food to take to our friend Vayne a while ago.”

Leon brought his hand to his chin; “But why have they all disappeared? It doesn't make any sense for the servants to leave... does it?” he asked.

The other two shrugged; “Guess they didn't want to hang around after what we did to the manor, not to mention Lanette...” Reinhardt replied, lifting the lid on top of the black kettle. Inside was a delicious looking soup; bits of meat and vegetables were floating about. The hunter replaced the lid as Leon lit the fire underneath the kettle once more.

“You two going to be alright with this? Since we have to leave through here, we might as well bring the others in here to eat. I have to go take care of something...” he spoke; the other two nodding. Reinhardt exited back through the doors, making his way to the front of the manor. “Rosa...” He thought, looking out one of the windows in the corridor. The wind was whipping around outside as the dark clouds obscured the morning sun. It was looking to be a very bleak day. “Not too surprised there...”

As he exited through the entrance, he noticed that different parts of the manor seemed... run down? For whatever reason, it didn't look as... stunning, as it first had the night before; then again... “I wasn't really paying much attention...” he muttered, thinking of the previous nights events.

He walked over to Rosa's cabin and noticed the wooden cover boards were closed. He knocked on the door and heard no response. “Rosa?” he spoke, listening to the trees sway in the wind. Reinhardt reached for the knob as he opened the door slowly. As he walked inside, he noticed the small quarters were devoid of life. There was a note on the table, however. He recognized the handwriting to be a woman's, as he started to read:

“Reinhardt,
If you're reading this note, then I might find solice in knowing that you're still alive. Don't worry about me; I know you were trying to ease my fears in the words you promised me. You're a good man, but even one such as myself knows there is no cure for my aflliction. Once you've been bitten, there is no other options but to take your life, or become a vampire. I've been summoned to the castle along with some of the other servants who were still alive. Please, you must stop Dracula. I know that I can't persuade you to forget your duty as a vampire hunter, but you must not fall prey to the evil that awaits you and your friends. My only regret is not meeting you sooner... Meeting you has given me a reason to remain hopeful, even with my affliction. But maybe this fate that's been cast upon me is merely God's way of getting revenge for the sins I've committed in another life... Irregardless, you must not falter in your resolve. If by some chance we meet again and the curse has taken over completely... Please... don't allow me to escape alive; think of it as my final request from you.
~ Rosa”

As Reinhardt finished reading the letter, he folded it up and placed it into one of the pockets on his vest. “Rosa...” he muttered, clenching a fist. He walked outside and gazed towards the castle off in the distance; the anger slowly welling up inside of him. “I swear it, I'll save you from the Count! I've never broken a promise, and I won't start now!!” he thought, hearing a crackle of lighting off in the far distance..

- -

Leon left Henry in the kitchen as he went to go collect the others. As he climbed the stairs, he saw Reinhardt making his way back down the corridor towards the kitchen area. Leon noticed William sitting in a chair, about 10 feet in front of the door; he was twirling his knife around in his hand, looking bored.

“I see you've been keeping yourself busy, William.” Leon spoke, watching as the boy turned to face him.

“Yeah, right. There's nobody here. You're right about keeping busy though...” he smirked, putting the knife away and placing his arms behind his head. Leon eyed him suspiciously as he noticed the pile of clothers and boots sitting next to him. “William... what are you doing with--” the man started, as William began grinning smugly.

The door opened as Carrie emerged, rubbing her neck. She elicited a yawn as she walked over to the two. “Allie's done with her bath, by the way... You might want to think about making peace with her before she comes out here.”

William cracked open an eye at the sorceress; “Oh yeah? Not until she starts apologizing. Calling me Sprout... I mean, honestly!”

Leon had to hold back a snicker, “... Sprout? What exactly did you do for her to start calling you that?” he asked. Carrie began snickering as well as the boy's eyebrow slightly twitched. “Don't even start, Leon. You know how I get when people call me kiddy names.”

The older man laughed a little, “Right... I almost forgot. It probably didn't help your case by eliciting the ire of these two earlier.” he replied.

William stood up and turned around to face Leon. “It was all in good fun, good lord!” the boy exclaimed, bringing his hands down. “You don't see Carrie getting all bent out of shape over it.”

The young woman put a hand on her hip as she raised a finger to him. “You're just lucky I have a better temperment than Alexandria, you little prankster. Do you go around doing that to all the girls you meet?”

William scoffed as he turned his head, crossing his arms. “Only the pretty ones...” he replied, pausing to add, “... and I'm still not sure if Lexi even qualifies for that list or not.”

Leon rolled his eyes, “William, if stealing didn't do you in, it's going to be that mouth of yours. The foods ready downstairs.” he replied, walking away. Carrie started off after him as she added; “Flattery may work some women William, but it won't work on me.” She paused as she nearly got down the staircase, “Oh, and by the way... You may just want to take some of Leon's advice to heart...” she added, giving him a smirk before disappearing.

William adjusted the straw in his mouth as he rolled his eyes. “Yeah, right... I--”

He suddenly felt two hands grip down onto his shoulders, as a voice whispered into his ear.

“So... first you steal my clothes; and then you have the nerve to judge my looks as well?”

The boy felt an icy chill run down his spine, as his head turned around slowly. Alexandria stood behind him wearing nothing but a towel. Her hair was dripping wet and her eyes burned with silent rage as she glared down at him.

“Uh.. w-wait a minute A-Alexandria. That's n-not what I meant!” he stammered, trying to pull free.

The older girl pulled him closer as she wrapped one arm around his throat, and the other around his waist. He tried pulling free, but he couldn't get any leverage.

Alexandria began pulling him back towards the room; “Oh Sprout... You're going to wish you had never met me by the time I'm through with you.” she hissed, feeling him trying to pull away. William tried pulling her arm from his throat, but the more he struggled, the more she tightened her grip.

As she nearly pulled him into the room, he saw Leon and Carrie return up the staircase, watching their struggle ensue. “H-Help me! Don't *cough* just stand there!!” he yelled, holding onto the doorway. Leon crossed his arms and silently shook his head, as Carrie smiled and waved towards him.

-
William felt himself being pulled from the doorway and flung into the room. He landed on his back as he looked to his “assailant”. Alexandria slowly closed and locked the door as she kept her back to him.

The boy began to slowly crawl backwards as he held his hands out. “Now... w-wait a minute. Can't we discuss this f-first? We're both a..adults here... r-right?” he stammered, feeling a light sweat beginning to break out across his brow.

Alexandria turned around, a smile slowly breaking out across her face. She started to walk towards the boy, as her arms extended out. “Y'know... you're right. Why don't you give me a hug, and I'll forget this all happened....”
-

Leon and Carrie leaned against the wall outside the door as they listened on. Suddenly, they heard William shouting in pain; “Whoa! Hey!! Ow OW!! No, Alexandria, wait a--”

“GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE SNOT!” Alexandria cried out, as the two heard a loud bang against the wall.

“Wait! Can't we just-- Hey, that's my jacket! What are you--!?”

The two then heard a thump against the floor; followed by the young boy's laughter. “Ahaha!! G-Get... ahahahaffff MEE!!”

As William's laughter echoed out from underneath the door, Leon up towards the celing. “I told him that mouth of his would get him in trouble one day. Maybe now he'll learn to think before he says something.”

Carrie chuckled as Alexandria began taunting William; the young man's laughter reaching a higher pitch than before. “Yeah... somehow I don't see it working out that way, Leon.” she replied, as the two began to laugh themselves...
-

Several minutes later, Alexandria opened the door, as a disheveled William shuffled out from within the room.

“Get me my clothes.” she ordered, crossing her arms.

“Yes...” he mumbled. Carrie and Leon looked on as he shuffled over to her clothes, slowlypicking them up and bringing them back to her.

“Excuse me? I think you forgot something.” she replied, taking them from him as she tapped her foot.

The boy rubbed his cheek as he winced in pain. “Yes... Miss Alexandria...” he muttered, shooting Leon and Carrie a look; the two trying to hold back their smiles as he glared at them.

“Thank you William. I'm so glad we decided to put this all behind us.” she replied, gently patting him on the head.

With that, she slowly turned around and walked towards the bathroom. William looked towards her, making a mocking face and sticking his tongue out at her.

As he turned away, he looked to Leon and Carrie, who were barely containing their laughter at the sight of him. “Thanks guys. Really appreciate the concern for my well being there.” he spoke, dusting himself off and heading towards the stairs. Carrie followed him as Leon stayed behind to wait for Alexandria.

A few minutes later, they all arrived at the kitchen. Reinhardt and Henry noticed William's disheveled appearance, and Alexandria's smug look. “Er... William... Did something--” Henry started before the boy cut him off. “NO. Nothing happened.” he replied, as he stared down at the plate and continued eating. Reinhardt looked to Carrie and Leon, who waved him off, rolling his eyes.

As the group finished eating, they silently exited the manor, looking out towards the gate leading to the rose garden maze. “So Henry... You said you were attacked in here?” Leon asked, peering through the bars.

Henry nodded, “Yeah, two stone dogs chased me through the maze. They must have been animated through magic or something; no matter what I did to them, they eventually came back to life and continued after me.”

Reinhardt unfurled his whip, as the others readied their arms. “You have the key, right Henry?” The man nodded in response, as Leon slowly opened the gate. “The magic must have been from Lanette; since she's gone, it's should probably have dissipated by now. The statues have probably reverted back to their original forms...” Carrie added, as William withdrew his pistol.

As the group entered the maze, Leon quietly closed the gates behind them.

They heard nothing but the silence of the morning; coupled with the howling wind. Petals from the garden fluttered about in the air as they cautiously made their way into the recesses of the maze.

From off in the distance, they could hear the howling of wolves. After a few minutes of wandering about, the maze opened up into a large area; one of the small stair towers stood before them, with two other paths leading away. William and Henry quickly climbed the staircase. As the two made it to the top, they could see a very small stone building of sorts off in the distance; near it was a torch. In the distance, a flash of lighting illuminated the sky. William looked down a few of the paths they needed to go on... as his eyes suddenly stopped scanning.

“Oh.... shit.” he breathed; as Henry turned around to look.

The two spotted the stone dogs walking slowly about the maze. One of them looked up towards them. The two didn't move; didn't breathe.

“Please God, don't let them see us...” Henry thought, waiting to see what would happen. The statue leaned down on it's haunches as it let out a loud snarl. The creatures took off and began making their way around the maze. The two quickly darted down the staircase, ushering for the others to come on. “Henry, what's wrong!?” Leon shouted, running after the man. “We were wrong about the dogs!” William cried, turning down the right path.

As the group ran on, Reinhardt swore he heard a loud clang sound coming from somewhere behind them. As they continued running, the group ran into a dead end. “Damnit” Henry cried out, listening for the dogs. As if on cue, they statues suddenly lept through the hedges, snarling at the hunters.

Reinhardt wasted no time in cracking the whip at them; one of the dogs yelped out in pain as the blow stripped a piece of it's leg off. Leon ran up and slashed at the other beast, as it too fell to the ground. “C'mon! We have to take the other path then!” William spoke as they began running again.

Another flash of lightning streaked across the sky as the group made their way back to the tower. As they went to go down the other path, they could hear a loud whirring sound nearby. Alexandria stopped, “Do you guys hear that?” she asked, as the others stopped to listen.

Leon's heart skipped a beat as he instantly recognized the sound; the other three men did as well. “N-No... No way... I...I killed it.” William breathed. Leon looked to the girls, who looked back with puzzled expressions. “We have to move, now.” he breathed, motioning for them to get going.

However... before any of them could begin running, a large figure stepped forth from one of the paths. Carrie's eyes widened at the sight of the man, if you could still call it that. The creature stopped and looked at the group, as it's chainsaw blade spun slowly. It slowly began walking towards them as it raised up it's mechanical arm. Reinhardt pulled one of the last vials of holy water he had; “RUN!!” he shouted, as the group took off.

The hunter turned and threw the vial at the beginning of the path; the explosion of holy flames blocked the creature from coming after them. Carrie and Alexandria were in the middle of the group as Henry and William led them through the maze. Leon was right behind the girls with Reinhardt quickly catching up.

They all could hear the device whirring loudly, as the statues howls echoed throughout the maze from somewhere behind them. The group flooded out next to a large enclosure with several torches inside. Off to the right was another path, and a long corridor. They quickly started going around the enclosure towards the corridor, when up from the ground sprung a puddle; from it, a figure made of mud emerged.

The creature was merely a torso, with no distinguishable face or eyes. As it turned towards them, it opened it's wide maw and sprayed a substance towards William. The boy jumped out of the way as the goo hit the ground next to him.

Carrie fired off a magic orb towards the creature; the attack sending it reeling back into the puddle. William looked down to the spot where the goo was; the grass was charred and brown.

They heard Reinhardt's whip sounding, as one of the creature's let out a howl of pain. Henry turned around and fired a shot, catching the other in the torso as it jumped towards Leon. As the creatures fell, the monster came charging out towards them. Carrie raised both of her arms, “Multis-Iaculat!

The orbs flew from her hands as they connected with the creature; the man stumbled backwards, shaken from her assault. Leon took this opening as he ran towards the lumbering figure; he brought his sword up in a vertical slash, catching the creature in the chest. The man fell to his knees and crashed face first onto the ground; the device sputtered and died as it's teeth dug into the ground.

The others continued on as Reinhardt pulled at Leon's arm. The two turned and went after the others. The men passed a small alcove on the left with a torch inside; behind them, they could hear the howls of one of the demonic statues.

Turning the corner, they saw Alexandria slash through another one of the mud-man creatures. Ahead of them was another of the small staircase towers; Leon noticed everyone turning down the left path. Off in the distance, the two could hear the lumbering creature's chainsaw whirring back to life. The sound of the device caused them both to start running faster; their lungs burned as their hearts raced.

From the heavens above, a mighty clap of thunder sounded across the sky; followed by the cracks of lightning. The two man caught up with the others; before them was a large, ornate door with a lock on it. Henry pulled out the key as he quickly jambed it into the lock. With a click, the tumblers opened; Reinhardt helped him push open the heavy door as the dogs ran into the open area. The monsters charged forth for one final attack as they aimed for the two women. Alexandria ducked down as one flew overhead; she quickly stabbed it in it's exposed belly as it whined and crumbled to the ground. William took out his dagger as he threw it at the other; the blade punched into the side of it's head as it landed at Carrie's feet.

She shot him a look of thanks as the lumbering creature rounded the corner. William ran over and pulled his dagger from the dog's corpse as the creature stared him down. He ran at the boy and raised his arm, threatening to bring the weapon down on him. “Not like this!” William thought, raising his arms up in a futile attempt to shield himself from the attack; they heard a shot from Henry's pistol.

The boy opened his eyes to see a trail of blood coming out from between the creature's eyes. His arms dropped, as he fell to the ground with a loud whump. Everyone ran through the doorway, as Henry and Leon pushed it shut; locking it again from the other side.

There was a small waterway below a bridge leading to the stone building they saw earlier. The tired group made their way to the door of the building as they all rested for a minute.

Alexandria and Carrie collapsed to the ground with their backs to each other as they gulped down air. Reinhardt bent over and put his hands on his knees, as Leon sat down on the grass. Henry still watched the door they came through as William put a hand on his shoulder. “Thanks man...” he breathed, still trying to calm down. “... You really saved my skin back there.” Henry gave the boy a nod; “Don't worry about it; I know you would have done the same.”

They could hear the rustle of trees around the manor grounds as a cold wind blew through the area they were in. The girls shivered; but it felt refreshing after running for so long.

Leon looked to the manor they had left behind, as Reinhardt slowly pushed open the door. It opened into a small room, with a staircase leading down. Torches were along the stairway as their light illuminated the glum path. Behind him, everyone stood; droplets of rain started to fall as the wind continued.

The group entered the building and began descending down the long stairwell. As Leon shut the door behind them, they all breathed a silent sigh of relief; knowing that this would be the last time they would see Manor Bernhard...

What's New

5/9/2024
If you need to report a post, the report button is to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back