• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Tickled Her Feet As Sanity Test

TickleMFG

TMF Poster
This was really a surprising find.

Los Angeles Herald, Volume 37, Number 296, 24 July 1910

Woman, Piqued at a Humiliation in Hospital, Sues for Divorce ST. LOUIS, July 23.—That Mrs. Rose Fornoff does not love her husband she admits. That this is a symptom of insanity she vigorously denies. It is one of the points of contention to be thrashed out in the divorce court, where her suit is pending.

"My husband told me in 1908." said Mrs. Fornoff last night "Just before this series of trips to asylums for the insane began, that he could not understand why I did not love him. He' said girls with some sense liked him and that if I didn't I must be crazy. No one but a crazy woman, he said, would want to give up a comfortable home like ours."

The suit to divorce Louis J. Fornoff, who lives at 6139 Berlin avenue, and is a real estate cashier, followed Mrs. Fornoff's fifth Imprisonment -for observation, she says, in which she underwent the foot-tickling test. This was the last straw.

As told by her, it happened thus: "I had an engagement to go out with a girl friend the evening of June 2S, and as I left the house I met my husband. He pulled me back into the house and I telephoned for the police. As soon as they got there my husband told them I was somewhat demented and that he had been compelled to put me into asylums several times. So I was sent to the city hospital by way of the dispensary.”

At the hospital two young doctors received me. They told me to sit on a table. I did. They told me to take off my shoes. I obeyed. Then each of them took a toothpick from his pocket and began gravely tickling the sole of my foot.

OBJECTED TO TICKLING​

"After a time they told me to take off my stockings. I objected, but they were insistent. Then they applied the toothpicks again. I learned the next day that this was to determine whether there was anything wrong with my brain. If there had been paralysis I would not have been sensible to the toothpicks.

"But I decided I wouldn't stand for that sort of thing again and as soon as I was released as of sound mind I began preparing to sue for divorce.

"The first time I was sent to an asylum was in 1908. It was then that my husband began to be jealous of me. He sent me to the Missouri Baptist .sanitarium for ten days and then at the asylum at Farmington, Mo. I was there three months, but had the liberty of an attendant. Later he sent me to the Baptist sanitarium again, then to St. Vincent's and then to the city hospital.

The Fornoffs were married in 1900, when she was 17 years old. They have two children. 8 and 9 years old.

Mrs. Fornoff says that once when she was automobiling with a friend of her husband and herself, Fornoff had the machine driven up to the Missouri Baptist sanitarium, but that they refused to receive her there.

MADE HUSBAND PAY FARE​

"How my husband found out who the chauffeur was I do not know." Mrs. Fornoff sald, "but as we returned from a spin in Forest park we rushed like mad along Lindell boulevard and circled up to the sanitarium. There at the door stood my husband and a group of nurses and about 100 other persons, My husband and another man caught hold of me and tried to drag me out of the taxicab, and my friend advised me to hang on tight. I guess they would have got me, anyhow, If the superintendent had not recognized me and said that it was no use, as they would not take me in.

"But you should have seen my husband when my friend told the chauffeur to collect the fare from Mr. Fornoff, as we had not ordered him to drive to the sanitarium And Mr. Fornoff had to pay it—s4. He stood glaring ot us as I waved gopdhy in speeding away.

"Once when I was walking on Laclede avenue near Euclid with a girl friend and a young man we both knew my husband suddenly appeared and pitched into the young man. He knocked his hat off. stamped on it and hit the young man in the nose, so that it bled. The poor boy didn't try to fight back, but just picked up the wreck of the hat and ran away as fast as he could.

SAYS HUSBAND JEALOUS​

"It really is remarkable how jealous a man can get. Now, my husband followed me once when I started to Evansville, IL, on a visit. Hie had an idea that I was going to meet someone the station. There was just one nice-looking young man in the station, husband saw him. ‘That's the man are going to meet,' he vowed, And I had never even seen him before!

"Once my husband was with me when a young man. evidently mistaking me for some one hi 1 knew, lifted his hat to me. I knew it was n mistake, because there was nothing discourteous in the man's manner, nothing flirtatious, you know. Hut my husband was furious. He said I was trying to flirt right in his presence "

Fornoff told a reporter it was on the advice of physicians that he had his wife sent to sanitariums. He denied that he had ever mistreated her in any way.

Source:
https://cdnc.ucr.edu/?a=d&d=LAH19100724.2.114.66&e=-------en--20--1--txt-txIN--------

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back