• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Ticklishness of the population

cersei405

Anyone wonders what the ticklishness of the general population is like?
If I take random samples of a hundred men and a hundred women, approximately how many would be moderately ticklish (enough to giggle and pull away) in at least one part of their body?

Also, any one of y'all worry whether the guys (or gals) you fall for will not be ticklish?

I’ve often wondered about that, too. With Spring here, and all those pretty toes coming out, I always wonder if the lady whose feet I’m admiring at any given time, is ticklish?

Great topic. As one of the older gents here, with a lifetime of tickling experience and a mind for analysis, I'd say it's around the following, IMHO:

Cat A: 50% - not ticklish at all
Cat B: 30% - Situationally ticklish, ranging from 4 to 7 on a 10 point scale of ticklishness
Cat C: 15% - very/extremely ticklish
Cat D: 5% - furthest end of the spectrum, beautifully, deliciously and hysterically ticklish

The best is when you come across those who sit in the ven diagram overlap of Category D who are also in the top 5% on the beauty/hotness scale. I've been lucky enough to discover a grand total of about 5 women in this category, in the real world I mean. Out of thousands. And it is a sight/sound/experience to behold. :couch:

As for the second point, before I met my wife, I always said that my eventual spouse needs at least needs to not be in category A, i.e. not ticklish at all. She's thankfully somewhere in between B & C, which is good enough for me, considering all of the other awesome qualities as a human being she's brought to the table.

Anyone wonders what the ticklishness of the general population is like?
If I take random samples of a hundred men and a hundred women, approximately how many would be moderately ticklish (enough to giggle and pull away) in at least one part of their body?

Also, any one of y'all worry whether the guys (or gals) you fall for will not be ticklish?

Non-ticklish people are almost non-existent, so it's not something I've ever worried about. The average person you come across will be ticklish.

Does this have anything to do with how much of being ticklish is mental?

Like, me tickling my friend and her trying to tickle herself will yield two completely different results, despite the physical sensation being almost the same.
Thus, given the mental component, almost everyone can be ticklish in the right state of mind?
Of course, we exclude cases with nerve damage, medication, etc

This is a fun topic, but it's really subjective. I've never dated a girl who wasn't ticklish at least a little bit somewhere. Sure, I've had one or two who weren't at all ticklish on there feet, but there were other body parts that would at least make them squirm and giggle.

That said, I do believe the portion of the population who is extremely ticklish (say a 9 or a 10 out of 10 on a scale) is very small. An even smaller number of those people would tolerate being tickled in any way at all. For example, most 9s or 10s probably would HATE being tickled and absolutely wouldn't go for it willingly.

There's also situationality involved--who's tickling, how does the lee feel about the ler, what is the mental/emotional/psychological state of both of them, is there intimacy involved, is there some component of dominance or tickling to achieve something, etc.?

Chances are someone who's a 4 to 8 on the scale is enough to have fun with. At least for me. My wife ranges from 6.5 to 8.5 depending on body part and the situation and it works out great for me. Just as a random example, her feet are a solid 7. I'm a foot guy, so I don't think I'd want her to be much more ticklish than she is, because then she might not like other types of foot play or ever let me tickle her.

I guess what I'm saying is that to me a 10 point scale makes the most sense if most of the population is around a 5 for any given body part with situationality limited as much as possible. A bell curve with 5 in the middle. So, yes, probably very few people are genuinely 10s, but theres also almost no 0s or 1s either, which is a nice thing.

Zeezil, I would say, from discussions through my life, and experience, some people are at least a "bit ticklish" I used to know a girl (Who is now a woman, a former contact's sister) who my friend said was not ticklish, but when they were both in their 20s, I saw both my friend, and this woman's husband get her. My friend got his sister on her feet, and the sister's husband poked her in the belly in a swimming pool. The belly tickle by the woman's husband, caused her to double over and seem to laugh a lot, and when my friend tickled his sister's foot with his sister not looking, she moved her foot away and laughed. At the time I knew this woman, I would rate her on the "lower end" of the ticklish scale, maybe 5 or under, say a 4.

People that are not ticklish at all? There might be a low percentage, but very few.

Everyone's different, and some people who might seem completely non-ticklish to an acquaintance will react far differently when they're being tickled by someone they trust.

Tickling is something that is very hard to pin down. Some people are so ticklish that they go nuts with one person, then seem almost non ticklish with someone else. Moods and other things seem to come into play at different times. It's not really something that you can pin down to anything specific. Personally, I feel that mood affects a persons ticklishness more than anything.

75% somewhat ticklish, as you described.

I don't think that this question can really be answered unless you have actually carried out the experiment as it was described.

From what I've heard, one's ticklishness is developed very early in life. People who weren't regularly tickled during a certain period in formative years tend not to be as sensitive as ones who were. And the circumstances whether or not a person was tickled during that particular point in their life can vary for many reasons ranging from cultural norms to crisis and conflicts in a country where a healthy social development wasn't possible.

Not to mention that in adulthood, factors such as good nutrition, sickness, nerve damage, and whether or not you own shoes or your skin is exposed to harsh elements affects your ticklishness. And of course, your current mood with a person matters.

We're all mostly looking at this from the perspective of personal experiences with people in only a few possible cultural circles we've been in. Also, we don't seek the experience for scientific purposes, so most of us USUALLY only look for them with one preferred sexual preference, and with certain qualities we desire. As fetishists, not scientists, we have completely either left out or never pursued an assessment of the ticklishness of people we were not attracted to.

My point is that regardless of our obsession with tickling, nobody's opinion here is really based on an assessment of all circumstances and all the groups of people on Earth.

It would honestly be a bit arrogant for any of us to come to a conclusion about the GENERAL population based a handful of experiences in limited countries and cultural circles.

But based on the results of our experiences, it seems that people who are tickled when there is mutual friendliness or sexual attraction, (or at least a state of relaxation or positive excitement) rather than defensiveness, there is an increased likelihood of SOME ticklish reaction.

Last edited:
About 25% not ticklish, 50% ticklish and 25 % extremely ticklish, just for feet. Among 1500 people. It is more or less among territories.

About 25% not ticklish, 50% ticklish and 25 % extremely ticklish, just for feet. Among 1500 people. It is more or less among territories.

So, if we talk about being ticklish in any body part (feet, belly, armpits, thighs, neck, knees, ribs, sides), the percent of ticklish people would go up?

I don't think that this question can really be answered unless you have actually carried out the experiment as it was described.

From what I've heard, one's ticklishness is developed very early in life. People who weren't regularly tickled during a certain period in formative years tend not to be as sensitive as ones who were. And the circumstances whether or not a person was tickled during that particular point in their life can vary for many reasons ranging from cultural norms to crisis and conflicts in a country where a healthy social development wasn't possible.

Not to mention that in adulthood, factors such as good nutrition, sickness, nerve damage, and whether or not you own shoes or your skin is exposed to harsh elements affects your ticklishness. And of course, your current mood with a person matters.

We're all mostly looking at this from the perspective of personal experiences with people in only a few possible cultural circles we've been in. Also, we don't seek the experience for scientific purposes, so most of us USUALLY only look for them with one preferred sexual preference, and with certain qualities we desire. As fetishists, not scientists, we have completely either left out or never pursued an assessment of the ticklishness of people we were not attracted to.

My point is that regardless of our obsession with tickling, nobody's opinion here is really based on an assessment of all circumstances and all the groups of people on Earth.

It would honestly be a bit arrogant for any of us to come to a conclusion about the GENERAL population based a handful of experiences in limited countries and cultural circles.

But based on the results of our experiences, it seems that people who are tickled when there is mutual friendliness or sexual attraction, (or at least a state of relaxation or positive excitement) rather than defensiveness, there is an increased likelihood of SOME ticklish reaction.

Exactly this lol. I 100% agree. Fun to speculate though.

I did find this approach interesting: https://www.zmescience.com/science/...ice-that-fits-inside-shoes-to-relieve-stress/

Supposedly one might derive from this experiment that men are more ticklish on their toes and women in their arches, but honestly, when it comes to science, we must be cautious about jumping to conclusions without varied experiments/data/peer reviews...etc.

I have noticed there are a handful of studies on ticklishness out there but yea; empirically, I know I could only draw from session experience, "genuine" situations, romantic encounters and MAYBE a bit off what I've observed online (the validity of latter which I've seen under heavy debate).

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back