• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

To Dave2112,Scooby112211,Marauder,MTPJeff,Myriads and any other forum mod who's here.

BigJim

Level of Cherry Feather
Okay, I get the message. Having been battered from pillar to post by having something like 300 posts deleted, I would guess that you guys think I'm a bit too verbose and off topic juuuuuuuuust occasionally. :D

Is the Great Post Holocaust over now, or is it an ongoing thing?

To bring this into the realm of reality, we never delete posts, we move them into an admin area for review, and there's no way I've seen even a hundred posts by you Jim, to say nothing of 300. I'm fairly sure that's a severely exxagerated number. However, I understand that you can find it upsetting to have a post removed, but you have to try and see it from the point of view of the entire forum. For example, the one instance I had of being aware of a problem recently was a thread with some of my images where I had to step in and ask you and another member to please not turn it into a two-person conversation about nothing at all.

What you need to try and understand is that other people besides you are trying to use the forum too, and they see new activity somewhere and they read the thread assuming they are going to find some further developement of the topic. When they are instead opening thread after thread only to find one guy calling another guy a name, or laughing at a joke he made that has nothing to do with the subject (and the subject matters, which is why we are now focusing on things being on-topic. People decide what to read based on the subject of the post), it can get pretty annoying, especially if someone is on a slow connection and each thread takes several minutes to load.

So in an attempt to help clarify things and prevent that situation from getting out of hand, we've been removing posts that seem to go too far in that direction. Possibly it's occasionally been a mistake, a post removed because at first glance it looked pointless but wasn't. All I'm trying to get across is that it's not directed at you as a personal statement, although in fact you do have more of a tendency to sometimes forget what the topic of a thread is and just start talking about whatever happens to be on your mind at that moment than the average user.

I just wanted to add:

Yes the post holocaust is over. Know that we will enforce on topic rules as we find infractions for the reasons that Jeff said above.

Myriads

Point taken Jeff. But the other night I noticed as I logged off that I had more posts than Dave2112. In fact I had more than 2,800 posts logged. The next day I had 2,700 or so. I started posting again for two days and being a rather verbose chap by nature, I was nearly back to Dave's total again. The next day I was back at 2,600 again. Earlier today I noticed after posting about 20 times that my counter had gone back by about 15 from when I first started.

If I did exaggerate, it wasn't intentional. I genuinely am of the impression that I've had over 200 posts deleted, if it isn't close to 300. It's 200 at least from my rudimentary (very) maths skills.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, yes about 300 posts were wacked from Jim's total. I IDed the sort of posts I wantged removed, and I had them deleted directly, and not moved to Admin. As most were of the type that Jeff described in his post above, I saw no point in holding them for evaluation. A communications screwup on my part failed to inform Jeff on how this was handled thus his misinformation above.

Myriads

I know the post total is a fun way of gauging how long people have been here, but sometimes it seems like people are using it more as race or something. If your looking at your post total more than once or twice a day then you might be taking it too seriously.

Just a thought...

Please don't take the deleting of your posts to heart, Jim, i.e., we don't want you to lose your verbosity, as you are wont to say. You, Biggles, and amk714 are the reason I post so often now, and has become part of my daily routine (for better or for worse).

Cheers. :D

Prime said:
I know the post total is a fun way of gauging how long people have been here, but sometimes it seems like people are using it more as race or something. If your looking at your post total more than once or twice a day then you might be taking it too seriously.

I appreciate your point Prime. If I catch myself doing that in future I will reign it in, I promise. To all the mods who I caused needless work when they've already got more than enough on their plate I apologise. I will refrain from hi-jacking thread subjects in the future.

Re: Just a thought...

Moses25 said:
Please don't take the deleting of your posts to heart, Jim, i.e., we don't want you to lose your verbosity, as you are wont to say. You, Biggles, and amk714 are the reason I post so often now, and has become part of my daily routine (for better or for worse).

Biggles is a different breed of poster. Myself and Alex have an opinion on everything and aren't afraid to post it. Biggles goes way over for quality over quantity. Out of the three of us, Biggles is the more worthy member of General Discussion because he is so selective about what he puts.

I retrieved my teddy bear from the corner where I threw it, and have also put my dummy (pacifier for the Americans ;)) firmly back in the pram where it started out. I apologise to anyone who thought I was taking the posting situation too seriously. (Probably most members and all mods.:p)

BigJim said:
I will refrain from hi-jacking thread subjects in the future.

But that's half the fun of being a Big Jim, n'est pas?

:confused: Cheers.

Moses25 said:

But that's half the fun of being a Big Jim, n'est pas?

:confused: Cheers.

A Big Stoopid Jim possibly.

Myriads, you have an uncanny knack of making me feel very guilty and ashamed. I know we rarely see eye to eye on various things, but I do appreciate the time you and the other moderators spend in running the TMF.

Anyway, right now I feel an irrespressible urge to run off and bury my face in a cushion.

Thanks Myr, Maur and Jeff for replying to this thread.

Re: Just a thought...

Moses25 said:
You, Biggles, and amk714 are the reason I post so often now, and has become part of my daily routine (for better or for worse).

me? what have I done? :scared:

Thanks for the mention Moses, I enjoy your posts too. :D

Biggles is a different breed of poster. Myself and Alex have an opinion on everything and aren't afraid to post it. Biggles goes way over for quality over quantity. Out of the three of us, Biggles is the more worthy member of General Discussion because he is so selective about what he puts.

Worthy my arse... I'm not selective at all, which is part of the reason I've been emailed so many death threats and guys in trench-coats keep tampering with the brakes on my car.

Thanks anyway Jim, you're a good mate.

Biggles

Re: Re: Just a thought...

Biggles of 266 said:

Worthy my arse... I'm not selective at all, which is part of the reason I've been emailed so many death threats and guys in trench-coats keep tampering with the brakes on my car.

Thanks anyway Jim, you're a good mate.

Biggles

lol That's why you have 500 posts to my nearly 3,000? If you could talk bollocks as much as I could then you'd be a Purple Feather by now! You get far more juicy stuff to post about than just about anyone else. Your budding journo instinct gets great stuff to talk about that I'd would only know about if I fell over it.

I enjoy your posts, Jim.

Actually, it's kind of fun. Your posts are original and appreciated. It's the forums loss for those removed. I will look foward to being a faithful "Big Jim" reader :D

Rook

Re: I enjoy your posts, Jim.

Blackrook said:
Actually, it's kind of fun. Your posts are original and appreciated. It's the forums loss for those removed. I will look foward to being a faithful "Big Jim" reader :D

Rook

Thanks Blackrook, I appreciate the sentiment. I try to keep my posts on target, but must haver wandered a few too many times for comfort. Probably some of them were too heavy on brevity too. I hope if someone sees me posting in an un-constructive way in future, then they'll let me know.

:p These days, I'm noticing for every post that does go up, I'm losing two...:D

Must be that dern imagination thingy again.

"One step forward, two steps back" --> see The Boss.

A hearty Cheers :D to the "Mod" Squad.

Just out of curiosity...

if threads are going to have the unrelated posts deleted, does that mean posts will have the unrelated sections edited out of them?

Biggles

What's New

5/6/2024
Check out Clips4Sale for the webs largest one-stop fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back