• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Top 50 Video Games of All Time

I could never let this thread slide without mentioning Elite 2-Frontier. The hours I spent on this game were pure Nirvana and for an astronomy nut like myself, it was even better! I should add that although the game's designer's said that every star in the galaxy had been accuratley mapped over the five years of designing, I could never find the Zeta Reticuli binary system. Considering it is only 37 light years or so away from Earth it should not have been difficult to find, but it just wasn't there! :mad: OH God I really have to get out more! LMAO!:D

Last edited:
As far as I am concerned, my two all-time best games would be Street Fighter 2 and Doom. Yes, they did have prequels in Street Fighter and Wolfenstein 3D, but as far as shaking up the video games world, they did it. I'm not the biggest video game guru ever, but think of this...

Without Street Fighter 2, you wouldn't have some of its brilliant follow-ups and spin-offs, Fatal Fury/Art of Fighting/King of Fighters or any classic SNK beat-em-up game, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Dead or Alive... in fact any top beat-em-up game today.

Doom is the kind of game that makes us grown-ups produce a chocolate pudding in your pants when you play it. The atmosphere and action was unparalled, even to this day. Duke Nukem 3D, Quake, Exhumed, GoldenEye, Timesplitters, etc. were spawns of Doom. Heck, even Resident Evil-related games (which are a bit like RPGs) are pseudo-spin-offs, due to the tense atmosphere and gore.

If a numerous amount of games in one genre come into the top 10, it does seem slightly biased

ff7 has the most brilliant, intrueging and overall best storyline in any game i have eva played. However, the graphics were a bit inadequete (when it's not a fight scene or movie scene, cloud looks like a spikey haired teddy bear w/o a nose or mouth)

LMAO@qwertyui's description of Cloud. :D

I have to agree with you about Final Fantasy VII's graphics. I think Square was still trying to maintain the "Super-deformed" anime style that they kept on their 16-bit and 8-bit counterparts (Although, the prequels weren't really anime, just super-deformed.). I think that was also one reason why Final Fantasy IX didn't do as well as they hoped, because they reverted back to that style, which kinda takes away from the drama. I mean, how can you take the game seriously when the main character looks like a female monkey toddler from Planet of the Apes? The only characters that I never minded being super-deformed were the black mages. They always reminded me of Orko from Masters of the Universe.

Flatfoot said:
LMAO@qwertyui's description of Cloud. :D

I have to agree with you about Final Fantasy VII's graphics. I think Square was still trying to maintain the "Super-deformed" anime style that they kept on their 16-bit and 8-bit counterparts (Although, the prequels weren't really anime, just super-deformed.). I think that was also one reason why Final Fantasy IX didn't do as well as they hoped, because they reverted back to that style, which kinda takes away from the drama. I mean, how can you take the game seriously when the main character looks like a female monkey toddler from Planet of the Apes?

Amen to that mate. I though 9 was crap. I just could'nt take it seriously with the dude having a tail. (Apologies to all TMF members who have tails!)

Here my all-time Top Ten :D

1. Secret of Monkey Island (Atari ST -1991)
2. Legend of Zelda: The Orcarina of Time (N64 – 1998)
3. Mortal Kombat 2 (SNES – 1994)
4. Super Street Fighter 2 (SNES –1995)
5. Duke Nukem (PC – 1994)
6. Super Mario All-Stars (SNES – 1993)
7. Resident Evil (PSX – 1996)
8. Batman the Movie (Atari ST – 1989)
9. WWF Smackdown 3:Just Bring It (PS2 - 2001)
10. Super Mario Kart(SNES - 1992)

How about Max Payne?

That game is the most impressive i have played in the last year or so (though it has been a little longer htan that)

I just started playing Mafia, and if you have high enough system specs, check it out, it kicks ass

Grand Theft Auto 3 is a good one, Halo is wicked fun multiplayer...

and definately the Madden series, only i'm sort of dissapointed that Pat Summerall is no longer callin my qb's number this year...stupid Al Michaels.

yeah I thought Max Payne was a very impressive game, especially the 'bullet-time' feature, but I found it a little short.

Okay, it's rant time. I own GTA III for the PS2, and it's a damn good game. However, I originally bought it for the PC because the higher spec machine could run better graphics, enhanced sound and optional features, like having your WAV. files play on the car radios. I think you could also alter the look of your character. Two weeks after I bought it, I exchanged it for the PS2 version. Why? Because whoever did the programming for the PC version DID A GOD-AWFUL PISS-POOR ABSOLOUTLEY SHITE JOB OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!:ignite: :disgust: :scared: :mad: :sowrong:

The damn thing was riddled with bugs. Everytime I tried to load it at first it kept crashing and kept doing so, until I totally disabled my sound drivers. Then it did work after a fashion, but the GTA III world was in total silence. In addition to this, was the fact that the character would'nt face in any other direction but north. If you wanted to go east or west you had to skip sideways and if you wanted to go south you had to run backwards! :confused: When you were running down stairs another bug in the program insisted on making you do a massive jump that took you three miles through the air and incurred massive damage when you landed.

Who the hell at Rockstar was responsible for this miserable abortion of a game? I'd like to know, because if I found him I'd take my PC copy of the game.............. shine it up real nice...........turn it sideways and stick it the hell up his candy ass!!!!!! All in all it was the biggest disappointment of my gaming year. C'mon Rockstar! Sort your shit out and fast!:mad:

Okay, rant over. :D

That is really weird...the PC Port got awesome reviews in PC Gamer, although I only have the PS2 version...maybe it was a problem with your system specs...it's the massive type of game that I could imagine would be really finicky on machines that aren't top of the notch (like mine...tho i'm workin on beefin this ol thing up).

...at least it kicks ass for ps2 ^_^

Lets not forget the Shenmue series one of the best realistic RPG's ever made

Scooby112211 said:
That is really weird...the PC Port got awesome reviews in PC Gamer, although I only have the PS2 version...maybe it was a problem with your system specs...it's the massive type of game that I could imagine would be really finicky on machines that aren't top of the notch (like mine...tho i'm workin on beefin this ol thing up).

...at least it kicks ass for ps2 ^_^

Well according to several magazine reviews and the people on the hardware, backup line, a lot of people had reported these problems.

The PC I tried to play it on was the new one I bought just a fe months before. It has an AMD Athlon (AMD's equivalent of the Pentium 4) XP1800+ processor that runs at just under 1.7 GHtz. It has 256 MB of Double Data Rate RAM, a 64MB GeForce4 Graphics Card and a 128 sound chipset.When I read out the specs to the guy on the phone, he said it was comfotably above the optimum system specs. I think it was definatley a program bug, although difficulties with my sound drivers are causing me problems with using my webcam microphone too. When I disabled them though, it should have cured all problems with the gameplay at the expense of the sound.

Hmmm...
QBert
Centipede
Space Invaders
Ms Pacman

That's the list of every one I've ever heard of abnd actually known what they were!
I know there are some where you "pretend" to kill people that are popular now but I don't know any of 'em. *shrug*

Jo

I have a top ten list, but I am unable to number each one because I love 'em all equally

Final Fantasy VI (Or III; tied with VII as best in a great series)

Final Fantasy VII (Put my life to a halt to beat it)

Metal Gear Solid (Short, but perhaps best story ever in a game)

Metal Gear Solid 2 (Nowhere near as good a story, but just fun to play)

Legend of Zelda- Link's Awakening (Even better than Ocarina)

Goldeneye 007 (Best FPS? I think so)

Super Mario 3 (Probably best in series aside from 64)

Legend of Zelda- Ocarina of Time (Zelda in 3d, kick ass!)

Virtua Fighter 2 (A little more fun than 4)

Mario 64 (Probably first great 3D game)

Jim, that's definately "comfortably above" minimum requirements. Usually when things are that screwed up, they'll release a patch for the game to fix some of the bugs. Check a site like www.fileplanet.com, there might be a GTA3 patch that'll make the game run well.

top video games of all time

Well im done with buying sports games. I am into the survival horror genre. Role playing games and action adventure.

Personal faves

Legend of Zelda (NES) the only Nintendo game that I still own and play
A Link to the Past (SNES) best in the entire series:cool:
Ocarina of Time (N64) the game that got Link his official status as a PIMP:cool2:
Crono Trigger (SNES)
Metal Slug 3 (Arcade)
Marvel Super Heroes(Arcade) the game that started the whole crossover series:p
Galaga (Arcade)
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (N64) over 60 fatalities at my disposal....the humanity:devil::firedevil
Star Fox 64 (N64)
Warcraft III (PC) I suck at it :sowrong: , but it's still fun as hell!

The two Metal Gear Solid games were excellent, but more full of sub-plots than a US naval base! ( Not to mention a truly wacky plot to the second that David Icke could have co-authored!:confused: )

What I'd really like to do is play the first two games in the series: Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2-Solid Snake. I'd love to catch up on all the plot involving Big Boss.

The only trouble with MGS is that I played it on my PS2 and it didn't work properly. I just invested in a second hand PSX so I can play it properly and not miss out any of the video sequences and speeches. (Wish I hadn't given my old one away now! :( )

I am really looking forward to Metal Gear Solid 3 now. Snake is off to look for Olga's child and Raiden is gonna start opening up a can of whoop-ass on The Patriots. ( Read The Biggest Secret by David Icke for an explanation on who THEY are! lol ) If it's improvement on the second is any measure of how the second was an improvement on the first, then we ARE IN FOR A TREAT!!! Woo-hoo!

I really hope they improve a lot on the second one. There were a lot of people who thought the plot to the second MGS was a cop-out. I thought it was decent, and could tell they were leading to something MUCH bigger, but near the end it started to turn into one big mind-f*ck. Why the hell did combatting superhuman terrorists have to turn into the Matrix meets 1984? Don't get me wrong, I ain't complaining. It's a great game, but it's storyline underwent an alien mutation.

On a final note, I've got one complaint. I have to nitpick the false accuracy on military customs and courtesies. Marines never salute without wearing a cover. Also, I don't like how they made the Commandant of the Marine Corps look like a little b*tch and turning him into a hostage. I know it wasn't the real Commandant, but he certainly bears a striking resemblance to General Jones, who probably could've beaten Gurlukuvich's ass, were he in the same situation.

Scooby112211 said:
Jim, that's definately "comfortably above" minimum requirements. Usually when things are that screwed up, they'll release a patch for the game to fix some of the bugs. Check a site like www.fileplanet.com, there might be a GTA3 patch that'll make the game run well.

Thanks for the tip Scoob, I'll bear it in mind in the future although now it's too late because I got rid of my PC GTA III and replaced it with the PS2 (inferior) version. I'll see if it's good for any other games though.

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back