• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

U.S. might change color of currency

Ovda

TMF Master
Greenbacks may become a thing of the past.

Color choices: Baby Blue, Ruby Red, Powder Pink, Power Purple, Out-There Orange, Yowsa Yellow.

I think that it will look like Monopoly Money.

Comments?

You mean we'd join the rest of the world?

You do know that money is in varied colors in other countries, yeah? All I've visited, thus far, have had different colors, and most have had different sized bills, which made it easier for the blind to identify a value.

So long as it spends the same, makes no difference to me.

It's about time!

Like dvnc said, other countries use different colored currencies and sizes, sizes especially so that the blind could tell the difference between each money value.
As RICH and powerful as the USA is, we are still sooooooooo far behind in some areas.

TTD

I heard somewhere that US money is the easiest stuff in the world to forge because of it all being the same size, colour and texture. I think Australian stuff is among the hardest to copy, but nobody wants to copy our money so it's kinda pointless anyway! :D

As someone who deals with money on a daily basis, having colored bills would make life a heck of a lot better. A glance would then allow one to tell them apart with ease. I've hoped for this for some time, but it's an idea that comes up about every three years or so. Perhaps this time...

Hopefully they will use the standard spectrum colors:

$1 Violet
$2 Indigo
$5 Blue
$10 Green
$20 Yellow
$50 Orange
%100 Red

(or the other way about)

Myriads

A Dissenting View...

I LIKE greenbacks. Who says we have to be like everyone else? As for different sizes, same-size bills stack more neatly in a wallet.

BTW Myriads, how long has it been since you've seen a $2 bill? They were never popular, except as election-day bribes years ago. The alternative was usually a half-pint bottle of rotgut whiskey, which the state liquor stores never stocked except just before election day.

Strelnikov

I've gotten three $2 bills this week.

I've also got about $30 in dollar coins.

People do use the odd denominations.

Myriads

Dollar coins? The big silver ones, the smaller Susan B. Anthony ones, or the new gold ones? I've gotten Susan B. and gold ones recently. Ain't seen a silver dollar in a while, though.

Then again, I don't use cash that much anymore. I like dealin' wit' plastic better.

dvnc

Hey, we've got Monopoly money now!

We had the same opinion about the new Euro, you know. Our old Deutschmark bills were colored, but in mild pastel tones. Now some painting shop dumped all their brightest colors on the Euro! :)

The best argument for exchanging the old bill for new ones is: all the dirty (forged and originating from robberies) money will have to turn up or become worthless. Now all the cheaters and forgers have to start anew, even if they own the printing blocks for the old dollars. That's difficult and expensive.

They say our new Euro is almost impossible to forge, but I don't believe that. It sure can't be color-xeroxed because of the relief imprints. But where there's a criminal mind, there's a way...

Our old Deutschmark bills had Braille script for the blind. They forgot it on the new Euro! Too costly, I guess...:mad:

DVNC,

Golden Dollars. Postal machines give them out, we see a lot of them.

Myriads

Braille on DM Notes

Hal, was the Braille embossed into the note? How well did this work when the notes got old and worn? Seems to me, if I had stacked some notes in my wallet and then spent a day or so sitting on it, my fat butt would have completely flattened the Braille.

Strelnikov

What's New

5/14/2024
If you ned to report a post, click the report button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back