• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

"Unabomber" Ted Kaczynski Found Dead In His Cell. Aged 81

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
www.cnn.com

"The Unabomber" Ted Kaczynski, was found dead in his cell at age 81, at the prison faculty where he was serving his sentence.

He was in prison, serving "Eight life sentences" according to this article

If there is a place called Hell, I hope he is roasting in it, for all the pain and suffering which he caused his victims, and their familes

I have always hated him because he gave mathematicians lots of bad publicity beginning in the late 1970's.

From Wikipedia, about his mathematics career:
Kaczynski as an assistant professor at UC Berkeley in 1968

In 1962, Kaczynski enrolled at the University of Michigan, where he earned his master's and doctoral degrees in mathematics in 1964 and 1967, respectively. Michigan was not his first choice for postgraduate education; he had applied to the University of California, Berkeley, and the University of Chicago, both of which accepted him but offered him no teaching position or financial aid. Michigan offered him an annual grant of $2,310 (equivalent to $22,348 in 2022) and a teaching post.[20]

At Michigan, Kaczynski specialized in complex analysis, specifically geometric function theory. Professor Peter Duren said of Kaczynski, "He was an unusual person. He was not like the other graduate students. He was much more focused about his work. He had a drive to discover mathematical truth." George Piranian, another of his Michigan mathematics professors, said, "It is not enough to say he was smart."[31] Professor Allen Shields wrote about Kaczynski in a grade evaluation that he was the "best man I have seen."[32] Kaczynski received 1 F, 5 Bs and 12 As in his 18 courses at the university. In 2006, he said he had unpleasant memories of Michigan and felt the university had low standards for grading, as evidenced by his relatively high grades.[20]

For a period of several weeks in 1966, Kaczynski experienced intense sexual fantasies of being female and decided to undergo gender transition. He arranged to meet with a psychiatrist, but changed his mind in the waiting room and did not disclose his reason for making the appointment. Afterwards, enraged, he considered killing the psychiatrist and other people whom he hated. Kaczynski described this episode as a "major turning point" in his life:[33][34][35] "I felt disgusted about what my uncontrolled sexual cravings had almost led me to do. And I felt humiliated, and I violently hated the psychiatrist. Just then there came a major turning point in my life. Like a Phoenix, I burst from the ashes of my despair to a glorious new hope."[34]

In 1967, Kaczynski's dissertation Boundary Functions[36] won the Sumner B. Myers Prize for Michigan's best mathematics dissertation of the year.[9] Allen Shields, his doctoral advisor, called it "the best I have ever directed,"[20] and Maxwell Reade, a member of his dissertation committee, said, "I would guess that maybe 10 or 12 men in the country understood or appreciated it."[9][31]

In late 1967, the 25-year-old Kaczynski became an acting assistant professor at the University of California, Berkeley, where he taught mathematics. By September 1968, Kaczynski was appointed as an assistant professor, a sign that he was on track for tenure.[9] His teaching evaluations suggest he was not well-liked by his students: he seemed uncomfortable teaching, taught straight from the textbook and refused to answer questions.[9] Without any explanation, Kaczynski resigned on June 30, 1969.[36] In a 1970 letter written by the chairman of the mathematics department, John W. Addison Jr., to Kaczynski's doctoral advisor Shields, Addison referred to the resignation as "quite out of the blue,"[37][38] and, markedly, added that "Kaczynski seemed almost pathologically shy," and that as far as he knew Kaczynski made no close friends in the department, furthermore noting that efforts to bring him more into the 'swing of things' had failed.[39][40]

In college, Kaczynski was subjected to psychological experiments by Harvard psychologist Henry Murray. The experiments were specifically intended to measure brain activity while receiving excessive amounts of verbal abuse. Unfortunately, the participants of this study were not told beforehand that they would be subjected to this but that rather they would be "debating" various topics.

In his second year at Harvard, Kaczynski participated in a study described by author Alston Chase as a "purposely brutalizing psychological experiment" led by Harvard psychologist Henry Murray. Subjects were told they would debate personal philosophy with a fellow student and were asked to write essays detailing their personal beliefs and aspirations. The essays were given to an anonymous individual who would confront and belittle the subject in what Murray himself called "vehement, sweeping, and personally abusive" attacks, using the content of the essays as ammunition. Electrodes monitored the subject's physiological reactions. These encounters were filmed, and subjects' expressions of anger and rage were later played back to them repeatedly. The experiment lasted three years, with someone verbally abusing and humiliating Kaczynski each week. Kaczynski spent 200 hours as part of the study.

Kaczynski's lawyers later attributed his hostility towards mind control techniques to his participation in Murray's study. During the Second World War, Murray worked with the Office of Strategic Services, a U.S. intelligence agency often referred to as the predecessor to the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), where he conducted psychological experiments. Some sources have suggested that Murray's experiments were part of Project MKUltra, the CIA's program of research into mind control. Chase and others have also suggested that this experience may have motivated Kaczynski's criminal activities. Kaczynski stated he resented Murray and his co-workers, primarily because of the invasion of his privacy he perceived as a result of their experiments. Nevertheless, he said he was "quite confident that [his] experiences with Professor Murray had no significant effect on the course of [his] life."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski

While Ted denied Murray's experiments affected him, the details read more like Ted making this denial out of pride. There were early signs that Ted was unstable, and subjecting someone with mental issues to needless abuse can have very destructive consequences. Ted was thankfully brought to justice, but unfortunately, Murray never was nor were his enablers in the government.

What's New

5/2/2024
Stop by the TMF Welcome forum and take a moment to say hello!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back