• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Uwe Boll says F*ck you all!!

Ticklerguy4u

3rd Level Orange Feather
I know this is old news but I still think it's funny. For anyone who doesn't know. He is the director for some of the worst adaptations from video games to movies. Such as...

Bloodrayne, Postal, Dungeon Seige, Alone in the Dark, Rampage, House of the Dead and Far Cry

After a failed attempt to raise money for another adaptation for Postal 2 through kickstarter...he tried again for Rampage 3.

Because he screwed up every video game movie he didn't get much funding or support from movie goers or Hollywood. This is his rant.

https://youtu.be/VT1J65KHX8E

I think it's more the fact that people hyped Rampage 1 after its release, and hyped Rampage 2 so he figured 3 would be the proverbial fish in the barrel.

I think I heard good things about Assault on Wall Street as well

I've only seen two movies that were adapted from video games. Tomb Raider and Silent Hill. I found the former to be decent. The latter not so much.

I know very little about video games, but I do know that when books are adapted into movies those who are loved the book often do not enjoy the movie. I imagine a similar dynamic exists with dedicated video game fans

I know very little about video games, but I do know that when books are adapted into movies those who are loved the book often do not enjoy the movie. I imagine a similar dynamic exists with dedicated video game fans

His biggest problem is that he ignores the source material. Its like making Sherlock Holmes an Irishman that has his daughter solving the mysteries with her dog Brain. His idea...at least there is mysteries to solve in the movie.

Well to be honest, Postal was a decent adaptation. ...it didn't have much of a story to work with lol.

Uwe Boll is an enigma. His movies are horrible. Just horrible. I don't think he has a decent one under his belt. In the Name of the King had an amazing cast. Most directors would cream their pants to be directing Ray Liota, Jason Strathon, Burt Reynolds, Ron Pearlman, John Rhys Davis Jr., and the list goes on. And yet, he fucked it up. He fucks everything up. It's like somebody said, " Hey, heard of the Midas touch? Let's reverse it where whenever somebody touches something, it turns to shit!" and gave it to him.

And yet, people keep giving him movies. I'm not sure if people are banking on him pulling out an Ace after he's drawn so many 2's, or if people intentionally want their studio's and movie's to bomb, but he keep's getting things given to him. Maybe one day i'll understand. Until then, he's just a horrible director.

I've never liked any of his films either, but my dad actually likes a few of them. To be honest though, my dad always loved cheap horror films, so I don't hold it against him.

The reason he did it was because of a tax loophole that allowed him to get a huge bonus if his movies didn't work. And because it wasn't retroactive, he is still able to collect for movies he planned before the loophole was amended.

Still I have to agree, his movies suck. He claims it's because it's hard to adapt games to movies. I say he does it on purpose to get that tax loophole.

I mean, House of the Dead was a total piece of crap. What kind of person intersperses video game footage with the film? And the only thing it has to do with the games is the mention of a guy named Dr. Curien, the villain in the first game. What does he do? Claim it's a 'prologue' to the first game!

And don't get me started on Alone in the Dark.

What's New

4/29/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see who is meeting when and where!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back