• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

West Coast Advice?

BellaRisa

4th Level Blue Feather
Hi folks,

I know that many of you live in CA. I am seriously considering moving somewhere near LA, not now but not too far in the future either-there are many more resources for the adult industry there than in the midwest. I know it's more expensive, but just how bad is it? Can children grow up there and be happy? Tell me your thoughts, please, I'm a NY girl at heart but the west coast is calling my name... :rolleyes:

Bella

Well....

I've traveled through there a bit, and I have a group of business friends/associates that span the state, and the consensus is that around San Diego is HOE (heaven on earth)...beats me why you want to go someplace where the damn ground doesn't even know enough to hold still, but, hey...each to their own! Q...from rock solid LI!

LA is the PLACE to be!!!! well, depends on where in LA. LA is like any other big city in America. there are good parts, and then there are bad, BAD parts. it all depends on what you want and can AFFORD. like the beach? places like Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Manhatten Beach are pretty cool areas, also Pacific Palisades and Mailbu, but that is more expensive property. looking for a regular ordinary suburb? Torrance and most parts of Carson are cool. want to live the adult entertainment industry? the San Fernado Valley is the place to be like Van Nuys or North Hollywood. West Hollywood is the place where the wanna be actors and actresses usually hang out. want to live in a ghetto full of gang members? try South Central LA or certain places in Compton.

but seriously, there is a lot of places for fun. clubs, museums, movies, beaches, sports, all kinds of different things to do. depending on how you make your life out here, you can be singing "I love L.A." all day long. after all, it is the home of the World Champion Los Angeles Lakers!!!!!

you can also look at Orange County and San Bernardino counties. Orange county (where Disneyland is) has some nice areas to live in. expensive as hell, but nice. San Bernardino County has nice areas as well, and cheaper. but you are FAR from LA, so again, it depends on what exactly you are looking for. any questions?

Bella, darlin', don't forget Boomtown is a resident of that area, and is raisin' babies o' his own. He's not only responsive to such things, he's ever so eloquent.

Say, you and he could run one FINE series of events...

*schemin'*

dvnc

Funny, Davey. But oh so true, no?

This Tickling Party brought to you by Bella and Boom. It would be quite an event. I'd want to fly your newly-Canadian butt down here for that one! AND your little Kraftie too.

And to think of the tickling vids we could produce! No, I could never do tickling videos. Could never BE in them, at least.

Maybe I could be in one.

NO! I can't be in tickling videos! Not now, not at this point in my life!

Maybe I could be in one, and wear a mask.

NO! Can't do it! Stop!

Anyway, Good Lady Bella, I got your email and will reply to it with more detail than what I say here, but let me just lay a few things down for your contemplation.

I've been here in LA for 14 years. That's a lot of dog years. I'm raising my little boys here, they go to school in LA, and I work in Hollywood. I make a decent salary, I have a pretty damn fun Hollywood job, my boys have good sets of friends, just being here has enabled me to befriend celebrities and quasi-celebrities, and the weather's always Los Angeles. If I could live anywhere I wanted to...

I'd be back in New England. No hesitation or second thought.

I'm making the best of my situation, but I'm only here because I have joint custody of the kids, and the other half of that joint ain't moving out of LA ever. She was born and raised here, and is deathly afraid of anything that's not Here.

But, honestly, I DON'T feel like LA is the place to raise kids. Re-read everything Prime said above. He's right about all that. North Hollywood IS Adult Industry Central. But that's only useful to you, Bella, if you want to ACT in hardcore adult films. Which you don't. You want to produce Tickle Videos. LA would help you do that by providing you all the pretty pretty girls you could drink. There's a lot of 'em here, and they all get pedicures weekly.

Um, I distracted myself.

Oh, LA! There's a semblence of community here, Bella, but just a semblence. No REAL community that I've found so far. Not in Los Angeles proper. Again, Prime is wise to mention Anaheim, and Orange County. You might find communities there that would make you feel good about raising your babies, but you'd be an hour away from Los Angeles.

San Diego and San Francisco are two entirely different stories. If you REALLY want West Coast, then seriously consider thees places. I'm very fond of both of them, though San Francisco a little more. Take a trip, get a feel.

Bella, I took you to a Los Angeles beach, and showed you the Pacific Ocean. I'm not pulling my hair out or anything, living here in Los Angeles. I live a happy life, and my boys are very happy. If you came here, I could show you the positives, the things I really dig. But I'll tell you right now, I've already shown you the biggest. When Things do get to the point of being "too much," I drive out to that Pacific Ocean, and sit in the sand, preferably with my two boys sitting next to me on either side. I could sit there and watch, listen to, and smell the waves for hours. As I've grown older, the ocean has learned to mesmerize and soothe me, like a full body massage.

The first thing I'd want you to look forward to, if you were to move here, is the beach. The beaches of Southern California. I think they're the best in the country.

Okay, enough for here. I'll send you more info on email.

Boomdaddy

Um, decision made, I think...

Boom, that is going down as one of my all time favorite posts.

Y'know, I *will* need a dominant male's perspective on my work, and plenty of help-focus cameras, check for pedicure flaws, test the models for sensitivity. All the boring stuff :devil: .

Your comments on the lack of community are almost verbatim from the book I've been consuming, "Relocating to Los Angeles and Orange County". That aspect has been on my mind for days now. I'm an odd duck in that regard; I haven't felt as though I was truly at home since I left NY 12 years ago. I loved living in Vermont, but I damn sure didn't feel a sense of community there. A desire for pancakes for all the *&#$! syrup, sure. Kinship, no. And here in Ohio I'm very content, but it still feels Too Small. Bill and I still don't feel as though we're Done Moving. We always talked about California, the question was when. As corny as it may sound, home is where my husband, babies and cats are. And my bird. And my hamster.

Raising children in LA is our big question. I'll be talking to you about that at length, my girls mean everything to me. The New Yorker in me is saying that we can raise them fine in LA if we do it right, while the Scared Mommy is afraid of being the grandmother of the next generation of Crips. Or Bloods. Or whatever they'll be by then
:scared:

We have a lot to think about, thank you all for your insight!

Bella

What's New

4/28/2024
There will be Trivia in our Chat Room this Sunday Eve at 11PM EDT. Join us!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back