• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What are we reading? (The TMF Book Group)

Just finished Bruce Campbell's bio, working on the bio of John Lee Hooker. Gonna pick up Bobby "the brain" Heenan's book next.

Drew;)

Celticrose2001 said:
Ann,
Did you like PC's Isle of the Dogs? I just read my Mother-in-Law's copy and thought it was pretty good. Have you read any Kathy Reicks(sp)? CR

I think Isle of the Dogs is the only one I haven't read yet. Guess I'll have to pick it up. I started to read one of Kathy's books last year and got side-tracked. By the time I got back to having time to read, it was out on loan to a friend. One of many I have yet to have returned. LOL

Ann

Neutron: I really thought clancy went to lots of trouble to get all his information perfect! My entire reality has just come crashing down :p Have you read Hunt for Red October? Is all the sub. related info in that book true?

I haven't read the Fatal Shore yet, but I'm gonna get it from the library. Is it written by an Australian, someone who knows a lot about the history, or a yank or brit who's just guessing?

Myriads: Is Mouse Tales a good read? It sounds really fascinating, would I be right in guessing that?

Biggles (building up a list of books to read on my 3 month vacation)

Clancy...

Is a joke with regards to his facts on military hardware.
So far as Red October goes, he's not even close. He's way too in love with gimics and neat toys and doesn't even come close to how things really are. But he writes a good book.

Fatal Shore was written by Robert Hughes, an Aussie who went abroad for about 20 years, then realized no one had written a good history of Oz. So he wrote one, and in doing so wrote what I think is the standard all other national histories should be written to.

Celticrose, about Dreamcatcher, I agree, but the parts with the retarded guy should have been left out and it would have been a much better book.

Tron

Biggles,

Yes Mouse Tale was a good read. It moved fast and provided a great look at the companies inner park workings (Like how deaths are quietly dealt with)

Myriads

JoBelle said:
I met Timoth Zahn at a convention and bought the books because he was a nice guy. Joby :D hehe

You met the Zahn man, eh Joby?

Kewl that he is a nice feller, but he doesn't have to be - his writing stands on it's own...

Word is, is that he was a military writer that won so many awards that he was personally comissioned by Horge Lucas to write the first trilogy after ROTJ.

Pretty neat, eh?

(You got his autograph, right?)

Cheers. :D

Dr. Livingstone I presume...

Myriads, with all the books you read, you need to change your title from Tzar, to Prof.

Cheers.

Nah, been there, done that. I was a Prof. for a few years in the late 80's/early 90's.

I just like to read.

Myriads

Right now I am reading the New Jedi Order Saga as each new novel is released. With the time in between books, I usually pick up something quick. I'm reading The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand again at the present time, as with nothing new really piquing my interest, I thought it would be nice to revisit a classic I've not read in over a decade.

I've finished the history of Russia and now started on: "Wall Street: A History," by Charles Geisst. (No, it's not a history of the TMF's Wall Street, it's a history of the financial markets..:D )

I have three on the go.........

......"The Innocents Abroad" (Mark Twain)....."The Big Sleep" (Raymond Chandler)....and "The Most Dangerous Enemy" (History of the Battle of Britain by Stephen Bungay)

Yes thats true Neuty.......

......the next book I have to read is called "How i kicked German ass in Italy" by Gen Mark Clark.

I'm reading "The Oath", by Frank Peretti, to my students at school.

On my own I am reading the Wagon's West Series by Dana Fuller Ross.

I think I am going to read "The Bluest Eye" next. That's by Toni Morrison if I am not mistaken.

Sunrise
:Kiss2:

I adore reading!
To TRAVELER and FORGOTTENTKLR... Try Frank E. Peretti... He ROCKS!

What's New

4/29/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see who is meeting when and where!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back