• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

What do YOU think makes a good story

OK, and sorry for heating up, but another of my pet peeves (in general, not specifically wrt stories) is when someone "agrees" with me about something that I did not say. Even if I don't disagree with the other guys words, having them stuffed into my mouth is still annoying.

A related question:

Does a good story have to have the tickling start quickly? Or can a story be good if it takes time to build up a scenario before the tickling begins?

Sometimes I arrange to have an initial tickling happen very quickly, at the start of a story. (The tickle-story equivalent of the "shoot the sheriff in the first paragraph" advice given for more mainstream stories.)

Usually, though, I have a setup that's several hundred words long before the tickling begins. (Although I do often hint at tickling earlier than that.)

A few quick examples:

"The Tickle Machine, or Amanda's Ordeal" doesn't have the tickling start until after the first 800 words - and the story itself is only 1900 words long.

"Tickle Juice" (1560 words long) has the tickling start after "only" 380 words.

"Subject A" (6700 words long) has the tickling start after 1490 words.

"Adoria's Interrogation" (7800 words) has the tickling start after 1780 words.

Judging by the response I've gotten to these stories in the past, it can work to delay the "start of tickling" - but I do worry about it.

Thoughts?

It all depends on they style and plot of the tale, in my opinion, SableSword. If it's a 'tickling for tickling's sake" kind of story where the tickling scene is the entire plot and scene, the sooner you pull out the feather the better. If it's more subplot or such, then it can wait and left you build the suspense.

I know in my Tyclonia series, I try to hold it off as long as possible to define the character and set the stage properly. However, in "Cyber-Tickle," I began the tickling much earlier than in my other stories. To me, it all depends on the feel of the plot and the characters. I've even seen some that have it both early and late and make that work (the classic "tickled, then the revenge tickle" set-up, for example). It all depends on the writer's skill and character creation.

So I guess the answer to both is "...yes..."

To all,

These responses have been most enlightening an I shall try to use them when writing my tickling stories. I don't mind criticisms or suggestions either when I get e-mails about any stories I am writing.

In my day job, I have to restrict my writing to technical and factual writings, so being able to write with imagination is more enjoyable.

Thanks,
Ms Tickler

Tossing in a couple of additional personal pet peeves, I'm annoyed by attempts to measure the length of a story in "pages." The number of words on a page can vary so much as to make "10 pages" meaningless. Use word count instead - that's the proper, and standard, measure of a story's length.

A second peeve of mine is description by listing "vital statistics": "Suzi was a 23 year old coed, 5 feet 4 inches tall, 121 pounds, blond hair, blue eyes, 34C breasts, and size 7 feet." This just screams to me of bad amateur writing.

(Although I keep promising to myself that someday I'm going to use that sort of description in a way that actually makes sense: A slave-hunter reading a victim's dossier or some such.)

I don't know, that works for me in that I can visualize the person or persons involved.

Well, I would hate to just say “I agree with everything Sablesword just said” so I’ll try to add my own two cents.

For me, a story has to be well written in two senses. It must have proper capitalization, punctuation, and the use of quotes (Pet peeve of mine. Quotation marks exist for a reason!). Also, it must have decent description, interesting dialogue, and well done tickling scenes.

A story must also be original. I have read way too many “hot girl in basement in stocks tickled” stories. My favorites are in the genres of fantasy, scifi, or magical realism. Similarly, the characters must be interesting and engaging. The girls must be beyond the typical cardboard cut out lees and the tickler must have something more to his personality than “Kidnap girl. Tie up girl. Tickle girl.”

Character descriptions must entail something more than a list of numbers. They must have actual feelings and originality.

Having a foot fetish, I really do prefer my stories to have foot tickling. Also, the tickling must be interesting. So many people think “he tickled her foot” is a good description, but its not. I really have to be able to get into a tickling scene for me to thoroughly enjoy it.

I have to feel that the author loves his subject matter and really enjoys writing, not just that he wants to have people tell him how awesome his stories are.

As for length, a story must be long enough for me to get into it, without being so long it overwhelms me. While the idea of a tickling novel is cool, anything beyond a certain length is rather intimidating. That said, I’m cool with longer stories if they are sectioned off into small parts.

And lastly, as story has to stand out against the crowd. There must be something different that marks it as original. From a new position, to a new type of bondage, to a unique lee or a strange new setting, something different has to catch my eye. A lot of stories I enjoyed for a moment, pale when I realize that I’ve read twelve just like it. Originality is the make or break for tickling stories in my opinion.

And to answer Sablesword’s question, I have a lot of difficulty getting into tickling stories, mostly because how much I’ll enjoy them typically is attached to the payload. That’s why a short tickling scene or a hint at a tickling senerio is always nice. (And yes, I often do not do this in my own stories. Set up is so important, that unless I’ve already got a good tickling scene in mind, it is impossible to fit in.)

Does a good story have to have the tickling start quickly? Or can a story be good if it takes time to build up a scenario before the tickling begins?

Sometimes I arrange to have an initial tickling happen very quickly, at the start of a story. (The tickle-story equivalent of the "shoot the sheriff in the first paragraph" advice given for more mainstream stories.)

Usually, though, I have a setup that's several hundred words long before the tickling begins. (Although I do often hint at tickling earlier than that.)
When working on stories with a lot of setup, I think it's a good idea to try and grab the reader's attention somehow. I think this can be done either with tickling, or with a particularly sexy description of the protagonist, or in fantasy/sci-fi stories with a setup that establishes an exotic location. One thing that I personally don't like to see is a long description of a character coming home from work and performing mundane details around the house.

In general:

1. Something sexy right from the beginning.
2. Only break grammar rules for a purpose.
3. Describe the ticklish distress of the subject without using "HAHAHA." We know what laughter and giggling sounds like. Describe its qualities.

Specific to my own tastes:

1. An element of trickery, craft, deceit, and villainy in the way the tickler lures/stalks/ensnares his ticklish damsel.
2. Damsels who misplace trust in their soon-to-be tickle tormentor, not knowing what lies in store.
3. Sadism, without physical harm.
4. Sexual teasing of the damsel, whether implied or explicit.

In general:

1. Something sexy right from the beginning.
2. Only break grammar rules for a purpose.
3. Describe the ticklish distress of the subject without using "HAHAHA." We know what laughter and giggling sounds like. Describe its qualities.

1. Well, I do have a tendency to put in a good bit of explaination before getting down to the tickling. Partly that's me, and partly that's because I write science fiction and fantasy. OTOH I do try to put in a 'hook' early on - even a sexy hook, depending on what one considers 'sexy.'

2. I would add: When you do use broken grammar - or deliberate misspellings - use a light touch.

3. I rarely use "HAHAHA!" When I do, it's because the 'lee is trying to speak arough her giggles, and even then I avoid going ALL CAPS.

The worst thing I've seen along those lines is going all-caps with an increased font size.

Specific to my own tastes:

1. An element of trickery, craft, deceit, and villainy in the way the tickler lures/stalks/ensnares his ticklish damsel.
2. Damsels who misplace trust in their soon-to-be tickle tormentor, not knowing what lies in store.
3. Sadism, without physical harm.
4. Sexual teasing of the damsel, whether implied or explicit.

It sounds like our tastes diverge, unfortunately.

1. I try to avoid "Ler vs lee" as the source of conflict or tension in the story. When it is the story-conflict, I try to make it a lighthearted and friendly one.

2. I particularly go for damsels who enjoy being tickled. Along with trying to avoid ler vs lee, I also try to avoid "damsel hates to be tickled, but..." I have used that last, a number of times, because it's too obvious a conflict to ignore. But what I really prefer are stories with lines like, "I beg the tickle, master!"

3. I'm really down on sadism. In fact, a major motivator for my own writing is to have bondage without sadism, and tickling that's something other than the WORST TORTURE EVAR!!! Instead I'll try to subvert the idea of tickling-as-torture, or I'll avoid it altogether.

4. This I can go along with. Maybe not all the time, but much of the time.

3. I'm really down on sadism. In fact, a major motivator for my own writing is to have bondage without sadism, and tickling that's something other than the WORST TORTURE EVAR!!! Instead I'll try to subvert the idea of tickling-as-torture, or I'll avoid it altogether.

Oh, the damsels in my favorite stories want it, they just haven't admitted it to themselves before getting ensnared in the tickler's web. Then, the tickler demonstrates that his talents far exceed those of the clumsy adolescent suitor, petting and groping in play and fun, and that the sensations to which she will be subjected are going to melt her frantic mind even as they steam her panties. She thought her captor was about "arts and crafts," so to speak, but he's really a master along the lines of Rembrandt and he isn't going to hold any of it back for the sake of her innocent naivete - quite the opposite; she is exactly what he's been looking for.

The tickler knows she's going crazy from it and plays upon that with a lecherous, lustful, sadistic pleasure. He enjoys her struggling, he absolutely loves letting her almost to mercy or escape and then holding it just out of reach.

But anyway, happy to play the villain.

What's New

5/8/2024
The final Vote for the 2023 Golden Feather Awards is now ongoing. Visit the GFA forum to vote!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back