• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Workout Question?

Try cutting out some of your carb intake, and like Glam said, mix
up your workouts. I've got three Tracy Anderson DVDs from Penny
Lane, and I do a different one each night. And I run with my dogs,
too. I've lost 15lbs, but it's taken me a whole month. In the beginning
a lot of it is water weight, you should be losing about 1-2lbs per week,
otherwise it's water that comes right back if you backslide. Good luck!

Thanks Amanda... and congrats on losing 15lbs!
I'm jealous! :p
I have 2 different workout tapes at the moment..
I'll have to look into the Tracy Anderson DVD or a Pilates one like Glam said.

I'm not sure if anyone has said this yet... but if you are doing all this working out (running, exercise tapes, etc) you shouldn't JUST be losing weight... start ignoring the scale and buy yourself a tape measure. Muscle weighs more than fat. When I first started working out hardcore I started by just dieting. Then, after losing a BUNCH of weight in about 3 months, I started working. I gained a crapload back. I went from about 230 to 180 to about 200 again, except this time it was muscle. My waist size was down nearly 8 inches, etc etc. THAT may be what is happening.

Another thing I hear alot about is the "cheat day" to keep your metabolism guessing. Body builders do this. One day a week eat something off the wall - pizza maybe or a burger. Something like that. Lots of carbs. Your metabolism will get comfy if you eat the same amount of stuff all the time, so you have to keep it guessing.

I measured myself today, actually.
How are you supposed to know what a good measurement is?
I did Bust, Waist, and Hips. But I have no idea what is considered "normal".

Pizza? Hamburger? Oh no. I couldn't possibly. No way! Not even one day! haha

Just curious , what does that tape you watch have you do exersice wise ?

Very good information.

Be sure that your carbohydrates come solely from vegetables and whole grains. Personally, I do not plateau so quickly; your stagnant weight loss may be due to being overtired, or your muscles getting adjusted to the routine.

Let us start with diet.

1. Take all of your low-fat and fat free treats and throw them out the window. These marketing scams are loaded with addicting sugar substitutes and additives leaving you prone to an increased appetite. If you must go low-fat...only drink low-fat milk and eat low-fat yogurt.

2. Make certain that you eat a well balanced meal. Whole grains; lean meats, poultry, or fish; and fresh vegetables. Eat vegetables with substance like spinach, beans, sprouts, asparagus etc... corn has NO nutritional value, but starch. Eat whole grains like your bread, brown rice, sweet potato. No butter!!!! Don't forget your 3 servings of dairy per day...yogurt, milk, eggs etc...

3. Snack with fruits and nuts. Eat apples, pears, etc..no more than twice per day. They contain simple sugars.

4. Do not eat processed foods....EVER!

5. Eat at least 4 meals per day. Keep them smaller (about 400 - 500 calories each - no more).

5. Stay away from weight watchers and other "regain weight fast" diet plans.

Exercise

1. Pick up a set of dumbbells and research a light weight routine to increase your anaerobic activity. If you can't find one, let me know...I have a ton of them from my personal trainer days. Muscle burns fat more rapidly than aerobic exercise alone. Many women don't use weights since they feel they will become bulky...BULLSHIT. Women do not have enough testosterone to add BULK to their frame. Women get big because of testosterone supplementation. Lift weights and you will lean out and tone up.

2. Walk at least an hour everyday. An hour of walking at a medium pace burns 250 calories...the equivalent of two handfuls of potato chips.

Follow these steps and I guarantee that you lose at least 5 pounds a week. THE RIGHT WAY!!!

Thanks Amanda... and congrats on losing 15lbs!
I'm jealous! :p
I have 2 different workout tapes at the moment..
I'll have to look into the Tracy Anderson DVD or a Pilates one like Glam said.

I measured myself today, actually.
How are you supposed to know what a good measurement is?
I did Bust, Waist, and Hips. But I have no idea what is considered "normal".

Pizza? Hamburger? Oh no. I couldn't possibly. No way! Not even one day! haha

Normal is feeling comfortable with yourself. The mirror never lies. I wish you lived closer, I would have you train with me at least 3 days per week; and I would give you an 8 point body fat analysis once a week.

Just curious , what does that tape you watch have you do exersice wise ?

Focus on obliques, abs, and arms.
Just normal workout tape stuff.

Very good information.

Be sure that your carbohydrates come solely from vegetables and whole grains. Personally, I do not plateau so quickly; your stagnant weight loss may be due to being overtired, or your muscles getting adjusted to the routine.

Let us start with diet.

1. Take all of your low-fat and fat free treats and throw them out the window. These marketing scams are loaded with addicting sugar substitutes and additives leaving you prone to an increased appetite. If you must go low-fat...only drink low-fat milk and eat low-fat yogurt.

2. Make certain that you eat a well balanced meal. Whole grains; lean meats, poultry, or fish; and fresh vegetables. Eat vegetables with substance like spinach, beans, sprouts, asparagus etc... corn has NO nutritional value, but starch. Eat whole grains like your bread, brown rice, sweet potato. No butter!!!! Don't forget your 3 servings of dairy per day...yogurt, milk, eggs etc...

3. Snack with fruits and nuts. Eat apples, pears, etc..no more than twice per day. They contain simple sugars.

4. Do not eat processed foods....EVER!

5. Eat at least 4 meals per day. Keep them smaller (about 400 - 500 calories each - no more).

5. Stay away from weight watchers and other "regain weight fast" diet plans.

Exercise

1. Pick up a set of dumbbells and research a light weight routine to increase your anaerobic activity. If you can't find one, let me know...I have a ton of them from my personal trainer days. Muscle burns fat more rapidly than aerobic exercise alone. Many women don't use weights since they feel they will become bulky...BULLSHIT. Women do not have enough testosterone to add BULK to their frame. Women get big because of testosterone supplementation. Lift weights and you will lean out and tone up.

2. Walk at least an hour everyday. An hour of walking at a medium pace burns 250 calories...the equivalent of two handfuls of potato chips.

Follow these steps and I guarantee that you lose at least 5 pounds a week. THE RIGHT WAY!!!

But ... I don't think I can eat that much in one day. I seriously can't.
I mean that's like ... way more calories then I've had ever, I think.

But the exercise plan sounds do-able! I'll have to pick some up.
And I run everyday pretty much .. should I continue running or just walk from now on?

Normal is feeling comfortable with yourself. The mirror never lies. I wish you lived closer, I would have you train with me at least 3 days per week; and I would give you an 8 point body fat analysis once a week.

Well you'll have to give me more pointers at Bella's!

Focus on obliques, abs, and arms.
Just normal workout tape stuff.

What about your back, shoulder, legs, and chest? These large muscle groups, when developed, will help you burn calories at a faster rate.

But ... I don't think I can eat that much in one day. I seriously can't.
I mean that's like ... way more calories then I've had ever, I think.

Maybe calorie restriction is one of your problems. Your body may eventually go into starvation mode and store fat to compensate. It is up to you to whether to take my advice or not. I have had years of proven results under my belt. My father was a body builder, my family comes from a long line of athletes, and I have studied nutrition for YEARS while implementing my methods into workout routines for former clients (including college and semi-pro athletes).

But the exercise plan sounds do-able! I'll have to pick some up.
And I run everyday pretty much .. should I continue running or just walk from now on?

Continue to run as long as you have the right footwear and you feel no discomfort in your legs, back, or feet. Running is a great high impact activity that helps promote bone strength.

Well you'll have to give me more pointers at Bella's!

Absolutely! Remind me to look at you and write you out a routine (diet and exercise). It will be up to YOU to follow through.

well thats the problem you are doing the same thing over and over . Have you thought about investing in that P90X home training system ? I hear it really works wonders .

well thats the problem you are doing the same thing over and over . Have you thought about investing in that P90X home training system ? I hear it really works wonders .

Are you frigin kidding, don't tell her to do that.. she'll never work out again.

I hate to admit it, but Ryan is actually right for a change.

This program will effin' KILL you, but it works. Trust me, my friend is now shredded wheat after doing this routine and following their diet plan. It may cost you 100 dollars, but you will look like a million in less then 2 months.

$100? No. Freakin'. Way.

I'll just have to do this the cheap way. Sorry.

$100? No. Freakin'. Way.

I'll just have to do this the cheap way. Sorry.

You don't have to apologize to me, I don't have profit sharing. :neenerneener:

Follow my plan listed above and you will lose fat, which is more important than losing weight. Would you rather lose a few dress sizes or a few pounds? Stay off of that damn scale or I will have to torture you...lol

You don't have to apologize to me, I don't have profit sharing. :neenerneener:

Follow my plan listed above and you will lose fat, which is more important than losing weight. Would you rather lose a few dress sizes or a few pounds? Stay off of that damn scale or I will have to torture you...lol

I am going to write down your plan. It just kinda scares me ..
I think it scares me more than that P90X home training system! haha

And I actually weighed myself this morning ... I lost a pound! hahaha
I couldn't resist! It so freakin' routine for me now!

I am going to write down your plan. It just kinda scares me ..
I think it scares me more than that P90X home training system! haha

And I actually weighed myself this morning ... I lost a pound! hahaha
I couldn't resist! It so freakin' routine for me now!

Not to be an ant at your picnic, but that pound probably means nothing. I hate to sound mean, but I am passionate about this and seeing people get frustrated bothers me. There are 1000s of people out there, such as yourself, who have no clue on how to live a healthful lifestyle. Like I stated earlier, weight will fluctuate, fat shouldn't if you are following a good plan. By weighing in everyday, you are only fooling yourself. Please, please, please do not weight yourself everyday. It could turn out to be a very depressing ritual.

What good is losing pounds if your pants are still tight? Wouldn't you rather feel and look more fit than have a meaningless number on a scale drop?

Not to be an ant at your picnic, but that pound probably means nothing. I hate to sound mean, but I am passionate about this and seeing people get frustrated bothers me. There are 1000s of people out there, such as yourself, who have no clue on how to live a healthful lifestyle. Like I stated earlier, weight will fluctuate, fat shouldn't if you are following a good plan. By weighing in everyday, you are only fooling yourself. Please, please, please do not weight yourself everyday. It could turn out to be a very depressing ritual.

What good is losing pounds if your pants are still tight? Wouldn't you rather feel and look more fit than have a meaningless number on a scale drop?

Well this is all so frustrating! I understand this is what you do for a living .. I mean look at your sig. pic. You're buff! However, losing that one pound may mean absolutely nothing .. I don't really care at this point because after being stuck at a certain weight I was starting to lose hope and losing just that one insignificant pound made me feel 100x better. I'll try not to weigh myself everyday .. but I can't make any promises. It's something that's really hard for me not do .. even if that sounds really pathetic. I don't care. I can't help it.

But I mean .. this is all new to me and I feel like I'm being told to do 50 million different things and watch out for these foods ... but eat these foods ... but don't do that exercise .. do this one. UGH!

What I need is a set plan. A detailed plan. It's the only way I'll ever get anything accomplished. I feel so lost right now. I mean I understand change up my exercise routine weekly and change my calorie intake to trick my body. I get that. I get to only eat healthy foods. I mean that makes sense. But ugh.

Do I eat 3 hours between meals?
Do I have to eat 4 meals a day?
Can't I just snack on 0 calorie foods like pickles and celery?
How many calories should I be eating a day?
Is it really possible to lose at least 5 pounds a week?--Because I've heard the normal weight loss per week is 1 to 2 pounds.
What kind of weight lift routine should I be doing?

See? I have so many questions. I'm so freakin' confused right now.

Well this is all so frustrating! I understand this is what you do for a living .. I mean look at your sig. pic. You're buff! However, losing that one pound may mean absolutely nothing .. I don't really care at this point because after being stuck at a certain weight I was starting to lose hope and losing just that one insignificant pound made me feel 100x better. I'll try not to weigh myself everyday .. but I can't make any promises. It's something that's really hard for me not do .. even if that sounds really pathetic. I don't care. I can't help it.

But I mean .. this is all new to me and I feel like I'm being told to do 50 million different things and watch out for these foods ... but eat these foods ... but don't do that exercise .. do this one. UGH!

What I need is a set plan. A detailed plan. It's the only way I'll ever get anything accomplished. I feel so lost right now. I mean I understand change up my exercise routine weekly and change my calorie intake to trick my body. I get that. I get to only eat healthy foods. I mean that makes sense. But ugh.

Is it really possible to lose at least 5 pounds a week?--Because I've heard the normal weight loss per week is 1 to 2 pounds.

Well, that's the problem with very generalized one-size-fits-all advice. What helps one person lose weight can make another fat as a pig, I see it all the time and that's why people come to me after years of trial and error and the mass market one-size-fits-all solutions out there like Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, etc. that don't customize their approaches. People tend to assume that what may work for them works for everyone without taking into account very significant differences between individuals on several dimensions of nutrition, exercise, and psychology.

Advanced customization techniques help cut thru all that old outdated general BS you see in the magazines and the internet in order to custom-tailor a plan that works best for each person according to their biochemical individuality. On the nutritional part of the equation alone, the nutritional software I use for my clients (the best in the world) sorts all these customization variables into over 90,000 permutations or combinations of customization variables. Only a computer can sort all this out because the data we have now on all of these dietary dimensions is overwhelming.

And this doesn't even get into exercise physiology and sports psychology...

I sent you a PM and will be glad to help you sort all this out so you can have a plan that's right for you without going thru years of trial and error.

Like most people, you will probably only do what you want to do. I will now answer your questions.

I am not sure what your schedule is like, but personally I eat every 4 hours. I consume nearly 4000 calories per day, but I am extremely active. If I were you, I would maintain an "eat every 4 hours" schedule while eating a balanced breakfast of eggs or yogurt, whole wheat toast or oatmeal (plain), turkey meat, small orange juice, and water.

Four hours later, eat a healthy lunch of a salad consisting of chicken breast, tomatoes, baby spinach, etc... with balsamic vinegar. You could also eat half of a whole wheat pita pocket with the same ingredients. There are so many options if you remember to eat "whole" foods and stay away from the canned or boxed crap.

In between lunch and dinner, try a protein bar or a protein shake. I make protein shakes at home with ice cubes, 1/2 cup of apple juice, banana, 2 table spoons of peanut butter, and vanilla protein powder. It is delicious!!!

For dinner, eat light. Do not consume too many calories later in the day. Eat about 4 ounces of chicken, fish, or beef...plenty of veggies, and a complex carbohydrate like brown rice.

Keep YOUR caloric intake at 2000 grams per day if you get at least an hour of moderate to rigorous exercise. On your off days, cut back to 1500.

Fat loss varies with how much fat the individual has. I have put people through plans that had them lose as much as 10 pounds per week in the first month. Subsequently, they leveled off, but were consistent with at least 3-5 pounds per week until they were within their goal.

As for lifting, get a set of 5 and 10 pound dumbbells. You should be doing overhead shoulder presses, side lateral raises, bent back rows on a bench, pull-ups, chest flies, pushups, crunches, leg raises, arm curls, and tricep extensions on a bench.

Do this routine for 3 sets of 15-20 repetitions with 20 being an absolute effort. Regarding crunches, do 5 sets of max. Do this on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. If these days are not obtainable, make sure that you have at least a days rest in between workouts. You will be sore for a few weeks, but make certain that you stretch before and after your routine. This is a beginners program, I will update your routine after 90 days. Make sure that you still run three days per week on your "in-between" weight lifting days.

Watch the pounds melt off!

Here are examples of the exercises...

overhead shoulder press
dumbelpress-main_Full.jpg

Side Lateral Raise
lateralraises_Full.jpg

Bent back rows
bend-over-rows.jpg

Pull-ups
usmc_marine_corps_pull_up.jpg

chest flies
flyes_Full.jpg

pushups
push_ups.jpg

crunches
Crunches90degLegs.JPG

flutter kicks/leg raises
DRILL-flutter-kick.PNG

arm curls
alternatecurl2-main_Full.jpg

tricep extensions on bench
tric_dum-18.png

I hate to admit it, but Ryan is actually right for a change.

This program will effin' KILL you, but it works. Trust me, my friend is now shredded wheat after doing this routine and following their diet plan. It may cost you 100 dollars, but you will look like a million in less then 2 months.

This made me laugh LOL

Take a day off from exercising? Ah. I dunno if I can do that.
I've sort of come obsessed.
I suppose 1 day won't kill me. :banghead:

Not hard to do, but it's really not good for you. Overtraining will eat your soul.

I'll get right on that. ;)

Can I have the hair? It's for a... project.

Like most people, you will probably only do what you want to do. I will now answer your questions.

I am not sure what your schedule is like, but personally I eat every 4 hours. I consume nearly 4000 calories per day, but I am extremely active. If I were you, I would maintain an "eat every 4 hours" schedule while eating a balanced breakfast of eggs or yogurt, whole wheat toast or oatmeal (plain), turkey meat, small orange juice, and water.

Four hours later, eat a healthy lunch of a salad consisting of chicken breast, tomatoes, baby spinach, etc... with balsamic vinegar. You could also eat half of a whole wheat pita pocket with the same ingredients. There are so many options if you remember to eat "whole" foods and stay away from the canned or boxed crap.

In between lunch and dinner, try a protein bar or a protein shake. I make protein shakes at home with ice cubes, 1/2 cup of apple juice, banana, 2 table spoons of peanut butter, and vanilla protein powder. It is delicious!!!

For dinner, eat light. Do not consume too many calories later in the day. Eat about 4 ounces of chicken, fish, or beef...plenty of veggies, and a complex carbohydrate like brown rice.

Keep YOUR caloric intake at 2000 grams per day if you get at least an hour of moderate to rigorous exercise. On your off days, cut back to 1500.

Fat loss varies with how much fat the individual has. I have put people through plans that had them lose as much as 10 pounds per week in the first month. Subsequently, they leveled off, but were consistent with at least 3-5 pounds per week until they were within their goal.

As for lifting, get a set of 5 and 10 pound dumbbells. You should be doing overhead shoulder presses, side lateral raises, bent back rows on a bench, pull-ups, chest flies, pushups, crunches, leg raises, arm curls, and tricep extensions on a bench.

Do this routine for 3 sets of 15-20 repetitions with 20 being an absolute effort. Regarding crunches, do 5 sets of max. Do this on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. If these days are not obtainable, make sure that you have at least a days rest in between workouts. You will be sore for a few weeks, but make certain that you stretch before and after your routine. This is a beginners program, I will update your routine after 90 days. Make sure that you still run three days per week on your "in-between" weight lifting days.

Watch the pounds melt off!

Here are examples of the exercises...

overhead shoulder press
dumbelpress-main_Full.jpg

Side Lateral Raise
lateralraises_Full.jpg

Bent back rows
bend-over-rows.jpg

Pull-ups
usmc_marine_corps_pull_up.jpg

chest flies
flyes_Full.jpg

pushups
push_ups.jpg

crunches
Crunches90degLegs.JPG

flutter kicks/leg raises
DRILL-flutter-kick.PNG

arm curls
alternatecurl2-main_Full.jpg

tricep extensions on bench
tric_dum-18.png

*saves*

What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back