• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Writing out laughter in tickle stories?

Madame_T

TMF Poster
So I'm writing another (loosely truth based) tickle story and am wondering about people's preferences. When you reading a tickle story, do you prefer the laughter be written out (like "hahaha" or similar) or do you prefer the laughter is described by the narrator (aka she screamed/squealed/burst with laughter) or a mix of both? I tend to prefer the latter because I can put my imagination to use but I'm wondering what others think...

As a writer and as a reader, I have always preferred a description, such as "he laughed loudly at first, but, as breathing became more difficult, after five minutes was reduced to silent laughter as tears streamed down his cheeks."

Having written a bunch of stories over the years, I started using too much of the 'hhahahaha...' stuff. It's a bit like writing a gunfight as 'bang bang boom babang pew pew.'

I much prefer to write (and read) descriptions of laughter that show rather than tell. Off the top of my head something like... 'Tabitha's body shook with silent laughter, teeth bared, cheeks red as her tormentor's scarlet fingernails danced up and down her delicate ribs. Tabitha inhaled deeply and let out of keening wail of laughter that signalled her desperation and submission to the sensations wracking her body and threatening to rob her of her very sanity. Magda tightened her knees against the blonde girl's hips and chuckled at her victim's distress...'

I dunno, something like that? It's late here and I'm dosed up on cold meds.

Having now dabbled in writing myself, and having tried both approaches, I'd say a mix of both works well. I do prefer the descriptive approach, which has a more literary feel to it, but there's only so many synonyms and possible ways to describe laughter. This becomes a problem in longer stories (approaching 10K words) where it all sounds a bit repetitive. So yeah, the "AhahahaHAHAHA nohohot mahaha toehohohos!" Has it's place here and there. :)

I agree with those who’ve chimed in with the ‘both approach’. Great question and thread. Thanks for starting, Madame_T🙏

Door 44 Productions
What's New

4/27/2024
Visit Clips4Sale for the webs largest clip store! Get details by clicking the C4S banners
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back