• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

YouTube Screwing Up The Sound On Computer?

Mitchell

Level of Coral Feather
I posted in August how I had to call a professional tech to fix my computer, due to it being infected with adware.

After the tech cleaned it out, and I downloaded an adware blocker, the computer has seemed fine, knock on wood, for five months.

However, late Saturday night/early Sunday morning, something happened.

The sound on Youtube, if I watch movies, videos, tv show episodes, is completely screwed up.

It seems to be only Youtube. If I watch ,, a station website, the sound seems fine.

Anyhow.

I was watching a movie on Youtube late Saturday night, early Sunday.

Usually, when watching such, I keep the sound level in the 20s, especially late at night, so as not to disturb my neighbors.

After whatever button it was that I touched, even if the sound is in the 60s, I can barely hear it.

I know that I did not hit the mute button on the speakers. I did that on another computer once. However, I think the sound on that computer was already screwed up.

On my current computer.

Everything seemed fine, until hitting whatever button has made the sound seem very low on Youtube.

Would anyone have any advice about what I could possibly do to adjust the sound level on Youtube, to make it more normal/louder, so it could go back to what it used to be, where I could listen to a movie or video with sound in the 20s or 30s level, instead of having to adjust it to the 60s, to merely hear a video or movie?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Have you tried watching something on YouTube since? I had a similar issue on YouTube that same night but everything was fine today. It my have just been a YouTube glitch on Saturday night.

Yes, Tickleman. I tried watching a Youtube video, ;last night. (Monday night). Same problem.

I have not tried it for several hours.

Will try it during the day on Tuesday.

Thanks.

I dont know.

Something else very odd.

The sound is screwed up if I surf to Youtube and watch something in Goggle Chrome, which is the usual browser I use while online.

Yet,

Early this morning I tried listening to a song on Internet Explorer, which I rarely use, and the sound was fine.

I would think that maybe the Chrome browser is corrupted or has a virus, but, when I'm not on Youtube on Chrome, everything else seems fine.

I truly dont know what happened.

I think for now, since I just had a tech here in August, and cant pay another $200 to him, is just to use Chrome for all online activities, except if I want to watch a movie or listen to a song on Youtube, etc, I'll use Internet Explorer for only those things.

It doesn't really sound like a virus, or. I've never heard of a virus that just messes with sound.

As for a corrupt browser. That could be possible.

But, YouTube has been a little off since Google took it over. Could be an issue with them.

tickle gamer, just to mention again about this, since it just happened last night.

The same problem.

If I watch a movie or listen to a song on Google Chrome, the sound is messed up.

Yet, if I do so on Internet Explorer, the sound is fine.

I truly don't know what this is.''

I'm just going to have to live with it for now.

As long as the sound is good on IE, I;ll just use IE for songs and movies.

What's New

4/29/2024
Check out the TMF Gathering Forums to see who is meeting when and where!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** LadyInternet ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back