• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

un-openable mpegs

tickle-addict

:sowrong: I HAVE COME ACROSS AT LEAST 10 MPEGS THAT I CANNOT OPEN, i am new here, nice 2 meet u all, THE ONE ABOUT THE ANTS IN PANTS COMERCIAL, GETS TO 96.58 PERCENT OPENED THEN STOPS, please can u fix it?

I too have had problems getting many of the mpegs to work, open, and some will not even download. Thanks for letting me know I'm not the onlly one having the problem.

You will be happy(?) to know that I have a ton of trouble with nonopening clips,especially from aol sources.They either won't download or won't play...only a few succeed,and nobody has yet been able to explain it.

dun it.

i have discovered a way to view all of the movies on this forum, i is called a download accelerator. it speeds up the proccess of downloading and never crashes, cool or wot.:D

Hi guys, i was having the same problem with alot of my mpegs and found out i needed to download the divx codex. Cant remember where i found it, just do a search for divx and look for the codex download. Hope this helps you all.

Solution for opening the mpegs

It could be the divx codec, but I don't thinks that will solve the problem with the specific file (the one with the ants) because it is a *.mov file. At least on my computer it is, and I downloaded it here via the link so download "Quick Time" and it should work.

You should try and pay attention to the extention of the file.

If you can't see it on your computer, in your explorer window go to Tools > Folder Options then to the [View] tab and cancel the check near "Hide file extesion for known file types".

If you can't find it, rely on the file extension that shows up in the link : http://something.something.com/filename.extention

Relying on the icon of the file is a bad way to decide the file type.

Popular extensions for video files are

MPG or MPEG - MPEG compression format, openable by most video players including windows' native media player.

ASF - A microsoft native video format which windows' media player can play.

RA or RAM or RM or RV - The video format of "Real". To view it you can download Real Player. It's a bit tricky to navigate to it, but you can find a freeware version on their site.

MOV - A QuickTime format movie. Older MOV files can be played with windows media player, but most new ones can't. To be safe download QuickTime from Apple's site for free.

AVI - A native windows extension for video files. WARNING: AVI files can be of many different formats. A file named AVI can actually be compressed with a different technology. Most AVI files will be easily opened by windows media player. However, a very popular new compression type is called Div-X or MPEG-4. It's different from MPEG since it's more advanced. You can search for a Div-X player or plugin for windows media player on download.com .

Best of luck!

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back