• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Barefoot at home

edcba

Hi, I'm Italian (sorry for my english, my teacher was SO bad :dropatear ).
This topic may seem quite stupid or at least uninteresting, but I'm very curious about it.
It may sound strange, but here in Italy only few people ( I think, less than 15/20 %) usually go barefoot at home, even in the summertime, and pepople who do that are all very young. Almost no adult (over 30) goes barefoot at home, here.
I know that in many countries (like Northern Europe or Middle and Far East) slippers are rarely used or only if the floor is really cold in winter, otherwise barefeet or just socks are the most common choice for both kids and adults, while in Italy someone who never wears slippers is regarded as an original or even alternative person. Actually, I think that not only in some countries, but in the most of the word staying barefoot at home is a very common habit, unlike in Italy.
What about the USA, or the country where you live?

(I could have asked this question in every forum frequented by members from alla around the word, but I think that you, with your tickling and often foot fetish, may have noticed a thing like this more than others).

edcba said:
Hi, I'm Italian (sorry for my english, my teacher was SO bad :dropatear ).
This topic may seem quite stupid or at least uninteresting, but I'm very curious about it.
It may sound strange, but here in Italy only few people ( I think, less than 15/20 %) usually go barefoot at home, even in the summertime, and pepople who do that are all very young. Almost no adult (over 30) goes barefoot at home, here.
I know that in many countries (like Northern Europe or Middle and Far East) slippers are rarely used or only if the floor is really cold in winter, otherwise barefeet or just socks are the most common choice for both kids and adults, while in Italy someone who never wears slippers is regarded as an original or even alternative person. Actually, I think that not only in some countries, but in the most of the word staying barefoot at home is a very common habit, unlike in Italy.
What about the USA, or the country where you live?

(I could have asked this question in every forum frequented by members from alla around the word, but I think that you, with your tickling and often foot fetish, may have noticed a thing like this more than others).

Don't worry about your English, you use it better than many people whose native language is English.

I live in Canada, and I don't know of too many people who go around with slippers or anything. People usually have socks, or are barefoot around the house, from my experience. I pretty much just assumed that was how it was everywhere.

I live in New York City. Many people here (including me) kick off their shoes as soon as they get inside their apartment and walk around in socks at home, leaving their shoes by the door. :D

PS: Your English is a lot better than my Italian. :p

I don't go barefoot at home that often since our house is so old and drafty that it gets cold fast, but in the summer and dead of winter (go figure) it's not that bad.

You're english was great, by thew way. I could understand every word.

same in the US almost everyone goes barefoot at home. There are some who don't, but thats usally because of hard wooden floors or cause it i cold.

Speedbump said:
I live in Canada, and I don't know of too many people who go around with slippers or anything. People usually have socks, or are barefoot around the house, from my experience. I pretty much just assumed that was how it was everywhere.

And it's not surprising. Staying barefoot is natural and confortable, if someone wears slippers or something at home, he must have some reason (for ex. cold or dirty floor). But here in Italy it's the opposite: I'm always barefoot at home, and people are surprised when I tell them my habit and they ask "Really? Why do you stay barefoot?" (but, why don't YOU?!) or "Yeah, my daughter always forgets her slippers, but you know they're teenagers".
Now, in the midsummer, 30° C at 7.30 pm, lots of people(I said, almost all the adults and more than an half of teenagers) still wear slippers at home or, like lots of girls do, the same flip flops the used to go to work or shopping or so...
I think I'll never understand this Italian habit.

In the Philippines virtually no one goes barefoot at home. They have outside shoes and indoor slippers.

For me, I'm pretty much 100% barefoot at home. I can't stand wearing socks. I only where socks when I need to wear my tennis shoes. Otherwise, no socks. They're just uncomfortable for me.

And when it's nice out, sometimes I'll go outside barefoot. I live out in the country (away from town) and I often played outside barefoot when I was little. Running around in the grass, across the gravel. Though I paid for it a couple times like when I stepped on a bee and got stung. Ouch!

In my little part of the world it is usually barefoot in the summer at home. Socks are worn in the winter.

I'm always barefoot the entire time I'm home even as I'm typing this. When i go out it depends on my mood at the time what I'll wear on my feet. But like ticklingnemesis i dont wear socks that often

I will run around barefoot in the snow. The only time one will likely ever see me wearing anything other than flip flops is if i'm at work or if i'm traversing a countryside littered with lava geysers.. haha vulcanology... I have even been known to run the four wheeler barefoot (though i don't recommend it, shifting barefoot hurts after a while). This really isn't especially normal, however, i'm simply backwoods.

I am always barefoot at home! I only wear shoes when I leave home! Thank god for 6 degree weather all year! :D

I'm barefoot at home, the only time I wear socks is in the winter and my feet get cold (I then love to wear the thick chenille ones with stripes lol) they are so soft and warm, love em.

My Mum told me a few years ago that she remembers me when I was about 2 or 3 years old going outside barefoot in the snow, she couldn't believe it as I was comfortable with it :)

By the way I'm in England, UK.

Last edited:
Almost always barefoot when creating my images, but wear shoes and sock when not at home. When it's warmer I wear my Fisherman's sandals.

I'm also barefoot when chatting. :3poke:

Since I always discuss this subject, I'll chime in here.

When I was heavier, I used to go barefoot at home all year, because with the heat in my apartment on, my feet were always warm.

Since I lost the 25 pounds in 2005, my feet tend to get very cold in the winter, so now, I will be barefoot in the summer, and in the moderate months. (say if it's 40 to 50 or above), In the very cold weather, I will usually put socks on, and even sleep in socks, if it's cold at night.

Mitch

What's New

4/25/2024
Visit Tickle Experiement for clips! Details in the TE box below!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back