• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Anyone use business laptops?

General Zod

Level of Triple Jade Feather
I am looking to buy a new laptop computer Mine is a bit over four years old now (Gateway) However,when I went online to look for a new one,they all have Windows Vista I don't want that I want XP

Kurchatovium told me that you can still get business laptops with XP

How different is a business laptop vs a personal laptop? I am guessing a business laptop is designed for the traveler Maybe that type would be good for this trucker?

I don't know anything about laptops,but from what i hear you can go to the microsoft site and download Windows XP onto any computer because they have had so many complaints about Vista.

I don't know anything about laptops,but from what i hear you can go to the microsoft site and download Windows XP onto any computer because they have had so many complaints about Vista.

That's cool But yet Microsoft admitting they made a mistake?:yowzer::yowzer:

Hard to believe ain't it?The end of the world must be at hand.;)

Business Laptops vs Personal Laptops

On the hardware side, business laptops tend to be equipped for docking stations. While you're on the go, you use it like you would any laptop. When you get to the office, you "dock" the laptop to a device which sort of makes it like a desktop PC. The docking station has cables that connect to a seperate monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Docking stations are also usually connected to the corporate LAN with a 10baseT cable, although many companies are now going wireless.

On the software side, if the business laptop comes with XP, it might be XP Professional as opposed to the Home version. The differences are mostly related to administration. With XP professional, the corporate IT department can "push" software patches from a server to all of the users, and basically exercise control over what the users can do at their workstations. For a single user, I don't imagine you'll see many differences between XP Home and XP Professional.

Don't write off XP just yet

Maximum PC recently wrote that Dell is once again offering XP, as opposed to Vista, on their computers. This is due to the lack of driver support for their hardware as well as consumer pressure.

Personally, I'd rather just get an OEM version of Windows XP and install it myself. It's not too expensive and you don't have to deal with all that 'Bonus' (i.e. :disgust: useless :sowrong:) software that usually comes with pre-built computers.

go to qvc.com....they have laptops of all kinds and pretty reasonable prices at that..

pssstttttttttt i even hear they have one or two in a cool Superman design..:D:angel:

go to qvc.com....they have laptops of all kinds and pretty reasonable prices at that..

pssstttttttttt i even hear they have one or two in a cool Superman design..:D:angel:

Thanks y'all

I ain't getting a computer with Superman on it :ranty:

Business laptops are usually more convenient than personal ones. They are designed for work. With a thin ultrabook, you can work from anywhere - today in the office, tomorrow at home, and the day after tomorrow on the beach under the palm trees. If you could forget or leave your laptop in the office in the past, today you can't afford this luxury: what if tomorrow there is a lockdown. How then do you get your main working tool back? This means that the laptop we choose today should be light, compact, and weigh no more than one and a half kilograms to move freely with us. Especially since personal laptops are less reliable, I once had to look urgently for hard drive recovery near me. My laptop was saved, but the stress was maximum

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back