• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

AT&T vs. Verizon

Which cell phone provider do you use?

• AT&T

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Verizon

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Other (T-Mobile, Kricket, etc...)

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

Musicroxmysox

Verified
Hey folks,

So I have to get a new phone plan in less then a month. I'm researching between AT&T and Verizon, because those are the two biggest companies with the best plans.

So....which company do you use? Which phone? Why do you like it?

I'm gonna get a whole new package so I'm in interested to hear what you all have to say.

Thanks everyone!

-M

I use the LG Chocolate on Verizon. I like the service I get with Verizon but would not recommend my phone. My cheek often hits the screen while I'm talking, and that either turns speaker on or brings up the menu. It's annoying.

I have been with verizon for nine years now and we have had no problems, miniscule amount of dropped calls (none in the past 2 years) and very good service all around.

We swear by them....

Since this gd' damn forum erased my post when I tried to post it, here is the condensed version. I've been with AT&T for about 9 years (even when it was att, then cingular, then att) and I've never had any major complaints. Coverage has been great in my areas in both states.

Phone wise, I have the iPhone 3G and absolutely love it more than 2 of my brothers. :jester: I always looked at cell phones as just that. With this phone, it has exceeded my expectations and I use it A LOT, for both work and play. Hell, Dave's got us all around Philly on the fly, which is a place none of us knew anything about. If you have any questions about it, just call or im me. I highly suggest this phone, especially with the 8GB version going on sale for $99 bucks. It is well worth it.

I use AT&T and have had great success in my area. I decided to use it because of the money I save having them carry my cell, land line, and internet services.

i dont use any of those i use boostmobile its unlimited minuts,text,internet,gps all for 50 an month and there is no contracts to worry about and i get good service me and sae have traveled to various states and i have gotten good servise and there is no roming

Why is there an option for T-Mobile if you're decid...

Nevermind.

I'm with T-Mobile so can't say firsthand about the others. Though, I've heard horrible, horrible things about AT&T.

BUT...they have the iPhone so that makes up for everything. :firedevil

Why is there an option for T-Mobile if you're decid...

Nevermind.

I'm with T-Mobile so can't say firsthand about the others. Though, I've heard horrible, horrible things about AT&T.

BUT...they have the iPhone so that makes up for everything. :firedevil

I just wanted to be fair you know, but yea I would have thought the same thing too lol if I had been responding.

I just wanted to be fair you know, but yea I would have thought the same thing too lol if I had been responding.

:D

I like the Verizon guy. He sells me everytime because he's just so awesome. I feel like I could have that guy over for dinner and we'd wind up being friends.

Still, the iPhone is the iPhone and once you've played around with one you'll wonder how you were ever able to function without one. Especially if you have ADD like me. I had a phone conversation, a text msg conversation and I was on Facebook once, all at the same time.

It was a beautiful moment.

In all seriousness though, are you a member of, or do you know anyone who's a member of Consumer Reports?

You could always check their stats and see what you think.

I have had both AT & T and Verizon . I have been with Verizon for the last 4 years or so with good results. NUFF SAID

I'm all about AT&T. I can't complain about the roll-over minutes. I can't say that I'm an iPhone fan, though, because I hate touch-screen technology. When I can afford to, I'm gonna upgrade to the Blackberry Bold, from my LG Trax (which I'm posting from! :p ).

As far as your decision, what type of usage do you want from your phone? Are you a text and data-heavy user? Do you want a phone that's good on music, or do you just want a solid phone for talking? If you plan on surfing the net from your phone, I'd suggest going with AT&T and grabbing an iPhone or a Blackberry Bold (Don't go for the Curve. It's not 3G!) If you want a music phone, Verizon, or any LG phone will serve that purpose well. Then again, an iPhone is like having an 8gig iPod! If you're the type to drop your phone a lot, I'd recommend any Blackberry, because they're very durable. You can practically throw the against the wall, and they'll function well, aside from cosmetic scratches. One thing to keep in mind, though, AT&T will not insure Blackberry phones for some reason. Verizon does, though.

Think about your usage pattern before deciding on a carrier.

Cricket seems to actually have really good plans with unlimited calls and texts for about 40 bucks. I currently pay 65 a month for the same thing with US Cellular and that's on a family plan that I share with my bf. (It used to be 75-80 before I got on his plan.) It includes free calls to other people with your network too. But once our contract is up, we'll probably go to Cricket.

I used to use ATT and that shit would drop calls all the time. Although, I was on the pre-paid shit back then.

I've been with Verizon for five years, and AT&T for five years before that. I had a few dropped calls with AT&T but haven't had any with Verizon. I'd like an iPhone but not enough to switch back to AT&T.

What's New

4/17/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you updated on where and wehn people are planning to meet up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back