• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Minimize or Maximize?

Musicroxmysox

Verified
So do you like to live a simplified stuff only owning what you need?

Or...

Do you like to have lots of stuff just because you can? Are you a bit of a pack rat? (Tell the truth.)

Recently I've been trying to go through and dispose of the extraneous items in my life. It's not easy, but after looking around I realized how much I had, but don't really need or use.

Thoughts k thanks. :bounce:

When I was younger I tended to hold onto all kinds of random stuff that was pretty much useless but no so much anymore.Aside from the few things I collect,I don't have much use for material belongings. :)

I used to go through things once or twice a year and unload anything that I hadn't used since my last time through. I haven't done that in some time. So, there's a fair amount of stuff sitting around that I need to pass on to those who might actually use it. I don't really place a lot of value on material things.

I used to be a lot more packrat'ish then I am now. Your mind tells you, "hmmm you may need that again some day, so keep it" and even when you do get rid of it, you have trouble doing it, but once its gone, you never thing about it again. So I try to purge sometimes.

I'm a New Yorker and I've moved every year since I was 18. Twice some of those years. I minimize so I don't have to move 100 boxes every summer.

I hate moving - it's expensive and time consuming. Therefore, I don't have a whole hell of a lot of stuff. I mean the computer gear and furniture can be a hassle, but most of the crap that accumulates around me is trash anyway and I clean out the apartment every week or so.

Never seemed to catch onto the whole "A place for everything and everything in it's place" craze my family tried to instill into me when I was a boy.

i have done the same thing i was a big pack rat i would keep like everything but recently i relized i realy dont need nor want all this stuff

I'm a little of both. Many things that seem insignificant like tickets and such, have a lot of meaning to me. So yeah, I pile up on shit at times.

I used to be a major packrat, keeping absolutely anything and everything that might have some kind of value (usually sentimental). When I started packing to move out on my own, I realized how much shit I had that was only mine, and got rid of over half of it. Now I try to be a minimalist. I have a box or two full of stuff that has no purpose other than to entertain me when I feel like sitting around and reminscing, but I try to keep it to a minimum.

I'm a packrat for small stuff. Lots of books and DVD's and video games and CD's lying about. For major stuff, if I have it and it works, it's set in stone. TV, bed, furniture, computer. That kind of thing I'm very minimalist.

Snail Shell

I'm a bit of a packrat , yeah.

Example :

For whatever reason , I still have school papers from when I was in the fifth grade. Why?

I.

Don't.

Know.

:shrug:

I'm a little of both. Many things that seem insignificant like tickets and such, have a lot of meaning to me. So yeah, I pile up on shit at times.

I'm the same, I tend to keep sentimental stuff like that :)

I didn't realize how much crap I had hoarded over the years until the last time I moved :bugeyed: I'm not so bad now, but moving sure tells you when you've amassed more stuff than you really need :D

I am a total packrat. I don't know how to get rid of a lot of things I paid a pretty penny for that are redundant today. Our lives are currently hampered by clutter and although I don't think we'll be moving again anytime soon, I know that lack of space and excess stuff is dragging us down mentally as well. Very vicious circle.
We do donate to the local charity organizations from time to time but I think we probably need either a grand scale purge or else a much larger living space.

Purging is never easy.... but you feel so much better when it's over :)

So do you like to live a simplified stuff only owning what you need?

Or...

Do you like to have lots of stuff just because you can? Are you a bit of a pack rat? (Tell the truth.)

Recently I've been trying to go through and dispose of the extraneous items in my life. It's not easy, but after looking around I realized how much I had, but don't really need or use.

Thoughts k thanks. :bounce:

I'm Zen. I'm not happy unless my place looks like a hotel room. I hold little significance in sentimental anything really.

I'm a bit of a pack rat which unfortunate because my apartment is small.

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back