• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Regular Melbourne gatherings

CrazyLikeAFox

TMF Regular
It's official, our little community has taken its first big step from the internet into the real world. For the time being I'm going to use this thread for any discussions relating to the next meet we'll be organizing around late April - early May.

Firstly are there any suggestions on improvements we might be able to make to the venue or any other comments at all?

All in all, I think the little get together we had was a HUGE success.
The ice was well and truely broken, and I will feel far more comfortable at any further meets.
As they say, the first step is always the hardest, and now that it's done, I can only see things getting bigger and better.
Hopefully those that didn't make it this time will be encouraged by the attendance and maybe make it next time.
My only suggestion venue wise, would be somewhere indoors, because the weather will be much colder as winter approaches.
Congrats and thanks to you Crazy for all the work you put into organising last Sunday!!! :gbtoast:

Only suggestion I would make would be the venue. The colder weather is soon upon us and it would be great to be able to get a coffee, cold drink or even something to eat while sitting and chatting.

Duly noted. That's going to be a bit trickier to set up than a meet out in the open but I think it is necessary. I'll have to think about the best way to do that.

if it helps you Crazy, what I do when I organise a munch (I do them every 2 months) in the bdsm community is choose a venue that will seat as many people as possible. The munch I organise has had as many as 55 people attend and others it may only be 20people. Stick with the same venue and hold it around the same time of the day or evening each time.

The tricky part is finding a venue that will allow you to take up as many table as you require and for a few hours. I would suggest either a very large restaurant or a hotel.

Just my 2 cents worth

Cheers

MsRoni

Having no experience in that sort of thing, it's a little more daunting. But again, there's a first time for everything. Hopefully everyone will be happy to meet up in a more public setting, which may limit discussion.

One thing you will always have to remember with organising a meet like this is that you are never going to be able to keep everyone happy. The date is wrong the time is too early or too late, I dont like the venue, the food is crap there, the prices are too high. I am sure you get my drift here.

Choose a date, a time and a venue and run with it. If people are genuinely interested in attending they will. If you plan them frequently then more and more people will eventually turn up as well.

Cheers

MsRoni

The venue does present a bit of a dilemma. If people at the gathering are hoping to have deep discussions about tickling (which it looks like CrazyLikeAFox is keen on), then probably a cafe won't be conductive of that. On the other hand if you're looking for a light-hearted social get together with food and drinks, then a cafe would be suitable.

A question for MsRoni: with your BDSM lunches/dinners, does everyone talk about the details of their interests openly there, or are those lunches just a general social thing with general conversation going on?

In answer to your question tickle dude au. The BDSM munches are held at a local hotel here in Cranbourne. We talk about anything and everything. We definately discuss bdsm events, BDSM play and anything you would like to discuss. We don't dress in our fetish wear. We do wear normal every day clothing that is appropriate for the venue. The munches are meant to be a way for people to meet like minded people in a non threatening environment. It works for the BDSM scene and I cannot see why it won't work for the TMF scene

The difficulty with the munches is the perception that anyone really is listening, will think it significant to pay attention, and wants to confront a mob.

We've had munches here in restaurants, lounges, wine bars, parks and outdoor food courts. Dozens of them over the last dozen years. No one has ever had negative feedback that confronted us.

I may be speaking only for myself, but the mob factor makes no difference to how comfortable I'd be talking about tickling in that setting. I appreciate the fact that not everyone may be entirely happy with whatever we do decide, myself included, but if the discussion were to head in that direction in a public place I wouldn't want to be there.

Crazy I understand where you are coming from. I hold and organise munches for the bdsm community and as I have said a few times am heavily involved in that scene.

When I first started attending munches other people held it was nerve wracking, scary and everything you could possibley think of. The first munch I attended had over 100 people attending. Scarey was not the word. I only knew one person.There were rows and rows of chairs and tables. I made many friends that night and friends I still associate with even now some 11yrs on. People who I see in and outside of the scene. REAL friends.

The point to my post is that the very first munch I held was in a public place in Brunswick. We talked about anything and everything. Sure some of it was scene related some was not. I was taught that the idea of the munches was to meet like minded people, form friendships with people with similar interests. Bur first and foremost was to build trust before you play. Personal safety is very important.

Munches are fun and a fantastic way to meet people. First time meets are always hard but it gets easier the more you attend and the more you feel comfy with other attendees.

Cheers

MsRoni

Just on the venue side of things there seems to be a wide difference in opinon as to what is appropriate.

I myself think it is pretty much a personal preference depending upon where you are comfortable and what you wish to gain from the experience.

I am suggesting that we all put down our preferences and why, it may help to understand where each individual is coming from, and what our goals are.

I'll start: Would like to see the community grow and come out of the closet, so would like to see a venue indoors for the winter, big enough to house a (hopefully) reasonable crowd so as we could have some privacy amongst ourselves.

Hope this is a good start for our next gathering.

Cheers,

Huskys :)

Huskys, you're describing a gathering alright - a social event indoors that may or may not include play. A gathering would be ideal, and requires one of three places - a home, or a hotel room/suite, or a rental hall/club space.

Homes, obviously, are cheaper. Find out who's bold about visitors, and ask about hosting.

Bringing non-alcoholic liquids and snacks is important, as nervous folks consume without restraint, which can be difficult, socially. Unless one of you is ROLLING in cash, everyone should contribute, either with materials or finances. I spent a decent chunk of change on every event, 'cause I had the dime at the time.

Looking forward to hearing about a successful event there. Good fortunes to you!

Just bite the bullet and do it people! If people don't like the venue then tuff. They'll get over it. I still keen to come meet you all, just couldn't make it to the last one. Good work with the tee off Crazy, you have my support.

My personal preference is for a hotel/restaurant/cafe that is central for all to attend. I will be treating these meet and greets as I do the bdsm munches.

1. to meet new people and see if there is any common ground other than tickling.
2. to make new friends
3. build trust between people
4. to eventually play with safety and feel secure that nothing is going to happen to me that I don't wish to happen ie: personal safety
5. if I cannot trust you I certainly won't be playing with you.

I also think the meet and greets should happen at least every 2 months.

Cheers all

Ms Roni

Hello everyone!

I'm so glad to hear things have gotten off the ground - I'm very, very keen for to be involved in the next one... and I have a few ideas brewing of my own ;)

I'd also like to make befriend as many of the locals on here as possible - so please add me!

I'm a bi, 26 year old boy with very soft, ticklish feet... :D

Good to see melbourne guys and girls meeting up! If I get the courage I might join you people! As you can see I have started to make a few posts!

There's not been a general gathering like the one we had in Melbourne for 3 years!

But I'm sure there's been many small-scale private meets between a few like-minded individuals who gathered together for a bit of a chat or some tickling fun. :)

What's New

4/18/2024
Need to report a post? Click the report button to its lower left!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back