• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Favorite Quote Of All Time??

Krokus

3rd Level Green Feather
Mine Is "Don't Think, Feel." Made by the greatest fighter of all time, Bruce Lee. :cool:

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter!"

i have several

"so far so good"
"just because you are paranoid, doen't mean they aren't out to get you!"
"my minds made up, don't confuse me with the facts"
general g.s.patton's line from his famous speach "...your job isn't to die for your country. your job is to make the other poor dumb sonofabitch die for his country!"
"is it in yet?"
"is that suposed to tickle"
there are others, but thats a good start. feel free to use any you like.
steve

"Four things greater than all else are
Women, and horses, and power, and war."

Kipling

The only way to make sure people you agree with can speak is to support the rights of people you don't agree with.
~ Eleanor Holmes Norton ~ Congresswoman (D-DC) civil rights and feminist leader

...and then of course there's my sig line, very appropriate for here:

I'm not sure about all time, but these are some of my favorites:

"It is the nature, and the advantage, of strong people that they can bring out the crucial questions and form a clear opinion about them. The weak always have to decide between alternatives that are not their own." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"The essence of optimism is that it takes no account of the present, but it is a source of inspiration, of vitality and hope where others have resigned; it enables a man to hold his head high, to claim the future for himself and not to abandon it to his enemy." - Again, Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." - A third Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"I drank...what?" - Socrates, after drinking hemlock
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one." - Spock, ST:II
"Sometimes, the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." - Kirk to Spock, ST:III
"That his is mad 'tis true; 'tis true 'tis pity. And pity 'tis, 'tis true." - Polonius, Hamlet

As well as the quote at the bottom of my signature.

Smiley

Here's another favorite:

As for my vices: much given to uncontrollable anger, extreme in everything, a profligate imagination when it comes to morals the likes of which the world has never seen, atheist to the point of fanaticism, in two words, let me say it once again: either kill me or take me as I am, for I shall never change.

- The Marquis de Sade

Quotes

quotes that i like...

not as profound as the ones listed above but here goes....

"I'd like mondays if they started later"-Garfield

"Friendship is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." -- Titus Maccius Plautus

"Pleasure of love lasts but a moment, Pain of love lasts a lifetime"-Jean Pierre Claris Florian

"Laughter is not a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is the best ending for one." -- Christian Morgenstern

"Appeasers believe that if you keep on throwing steaks to a tiger, the tiger will turn vegetarian."
Heywood Brown

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
Thomas Jefferson

"Every major horror of history was committed in the name of an altruistic motive."
Ayn Rand

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
Galileo Galilei

"No. We have to stay here and there's a simple reason why. Ask ten different scientists about the environment, population control, genetics and you'll get ten different answers, but there's one thing every scientist on the planet agrees on. Whether it happens in a hundred years or a thousand years or a million years, eventually our Sun will grow cold and go out. When that happens, it won't just take us. It'll take Marilyn Monroe and Lao-Tzu, Einstein, Morobuto, Buddy Holly, Aristophanes .. and all of this .. all of this was for nothing unless we go to the stars."
Commander Jeffrey Sinclair, Babylon 5
J. Michael Straczynski

"The avalanche has started, it is too late for the pebbles to vote."
Ambassador Ksh Naranek, Babylon 5
J. Mike Straczynski

"Don't look away, Captain. All life is transitory, a dream. We all come together in the same place, at the end of time. If I don't see you again here, I will see you, in a little while, in a place where no shadows fall."
Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5
JMS

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."
Ranger Marcus Cole, B5
JMS

"I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no-one may pass. We live for the One, we die for the One."
Marcus, B5, JMS

"It was the end of the Earth year 2260, and the war had paused, suddenly and unexpectedly. All around us, it was as if the universe were holding its breath, waiting. All of life can be broken down into moments of transition or moments .. of revelation. This had the feeling of both. G'Quon wrote: There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope. The death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future, or where it will take us. We know only that it is always paved in pain."
Ambassador G'Kar, B5, JMS

"The universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice. The language is not narn or human or centauri or gaim or minbari. It speaks in the language of hope. It speaks in the language of trust. It speaks in the language of strength and the language of compassion. It is the language of the heart and the language of the soul. But always it is the same voice. It is the voice of our ancestors speaking through us and the voice of our inheritors waiting to be born. The small, still voice that says: 'We are one. No matter the blood, no matter the skin, no matter the world, no matter the star... We are one. No matter the pain, no matter the darkness, no matter the loss, no matter the fear... We are one.' Here, gathered together in common cause, we begin to realize this singular truth and this singular rule that we must be kind to one another. Because each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light our way to a better future. We are one."
"We are one."
G'Kar, the Alliance Preamble to the Declaration of Principles
JMS

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Frank Herbert, Dune, Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, the sea's asleep and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. And somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do."
Doctor Who

Wow! I used to consider myself well versed, until I read everyone else's quotes!!!

Here goes nothing:

"To alcohol, cause of and solution to, all of life's problems".
-Homer J. Simpson
"No eternal reward shall forgive us now for wasting the dawn"
-Jim Morrison
"Royale with cheese!"
-Jules, Pulp Fiction
"They taste like...burning."
-Ralph Wiggum
"I am sooo ticklish, especially on my feet!"
-Carmen Electra
"Fuck it dude, let's go bowling."
-Walter Sobchak
"NyQuil, NyQuil, NyQuil! We love you, you giant fucking Q!"
-Dennis Leary

Okay, so they're nothing to base a lifestyle on, and not very profound, but they make me happy!
:D

Rasputin

Some nuggets.......:

"Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to." - Mark Twain

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." - Mark Twain

"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain

"He is useless on top of the ground; he ought to be under it, inspiring the cabbages." - Mark Twain

"We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is in it-and stop there; lest we be like the cat that sits down on a hot stove lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove lid again, and that is well; but she will never sit down on a cold one any more." - Mark Twain

"Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with." - Mark Twain

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain

And Finally.......

"It is better to remain silent & be thought a fool, than to speak & remove all doubt." - Attributed to A. Lincoln

R

Beatty..

"Something seems to be wrong with our bloody ships today" Sir Admiral David Beatty at the Battle Of Jutland.

"Would you mind not shooting at the nuclear devices?" John Travolta

" Insanity is doing the same fucked up thing time and time again and expecting a different result" Me

" The state appointed psychiatrist is not your friend" Hey, Me again.

Tron

mine has to be ....

The buck stops here .....

;)
Donna.........

Last edited:
Two of my favorite quotes, both from Thomas Jefferson, are already above, one from MadKalnod and one from SmileyTkls.

But here is my most favorite quote, from Winston S. Churchill, from the first volume ("The Gathering Storm") of his six volume history, "The Second World War":

"Still, if you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed, if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly, you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than live as slaves."

To put it in historical context, he was speaking of the actions (and inaction) of Britain and France between the two world wars. 1936 was when they could have won easily, without bloodshed. 1938 was when victory would have been sure, and not too costly. 1939 was the actual situation when they did go to war, odds against them and only a precarious chance. The worse case would have come about if they had done nothing still after the invasion of Poland, September 1939.

Re: mine has to be ....

elaah said:
The buck stops here .....

;)
Donna.........

You should credit the man who said this, Harry S Truman; "here" was his desk.

You want quotes, I gotcha quotes right here..

Life is not a matter of holding good cards,
but sometimes playing a poor hand well.

- Jack London

The first and most important step toward success is the feeling that we can succeed " --Nelson Boswell

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use" -- Earl Nightingale

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself " -- George Bernard Shaw

"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult" -- Seneca

"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not "
-- George Bernard Shaw

"There is an intrinsic value in doing something without being the best at it" -- Susie Gephardt

"The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed " Lloyd Jones

"The journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step " Lao Tzu

"Refuse to be ill. Never tell people you are ill; never own it to yourself. Illness is one of those things which a man should resist on principle." -- Edward George Bulwer-Lytton

"You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do " --Henry Ford

"A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman's birthday but never remembers her age " --
Robert Frost

Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.

Needing a man is like needing a parachute. If he isn't there the first time you need him, chances are you won't be needing him again.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, "Where the heck is the ceiling?!"

My Reality Check bounced.

On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the escape key.

Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

Good news is just life's way of keeping you off balance.

Carelessly planned projects take three times longer to complete than expected. Carefully planned projects take four times longer to complete than expected, mostly because the planners expect their planning to reduce the time it takes.

God did not create the world in 7 days; he messed around for 6 days and then pulled an all-nighter.

I still miss my ex-husband, but my aim is improving.

Stupidity got us into this mess -- why can't it get us out?

Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason.

People will accept your ideas much more readily if you tell them that Benjamin Franklin said it first.

I don't mind going nowhere as long as it's an interesting path.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

I don't get even, I get odder.

In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

I considered atheism but there weren't enough holidays.

I always wanted to be a procrastinator, never got around to it.

Dijon vu -- the same mustard as before.

My inferiority complex is not as good as yours.

I am having an out of money experience.

I plan on living forever. So far, so good.

Not afraid of heights -- afraid of widths.

Practice safe eating -- always use condiments.

A day without sunshine is like night.

I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

If marriage were outlawed, only outlaws would have in-laws.

He that lives upon hope will die fasting.
- Benjamin Franklin

On the keyboard of life, always keep one finger on the escape key.

"The Vulcan Neck Pinch is not half as powerful as the Vulcan
Groin Kick, but it's more politically correct."

Television? The word is half Greek, half Latin. No good can
come of it." - C.P. Scott

Lord Alfred Tennyson
He makes no friend who never made a foe.

The Gods themselves cannot recall their gifts.

Albert Camus:
You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear
questions.

Alexender Pope:

Hell was built on spite, and heaven on pride.
A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong, which is but saying, in
other words, that he is wiser today that he was yesterday.
Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.
The worst of madmen is a saint run mad.

Ambrose Bierce:
Dawn: The time when men of reason go to bed.

Destiny: A tyrant’’s authority for crime and a fool’’s excuse for failure.

Epitaph: An inscription on a tomb, showing that virtues acquired by death have a retroactive
effect.

Ghost: The outward and a visible sign of an inward fear.

Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just. –– Thomas Jefferson

Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate. –– John F Kennedy

No man can worship God or love his neighbor on an empty stomach. –– Woodrow Wilson

No man is good enough to govern another man without that other’’s consent. –– Abraham Lincoln

No man is justified in doing evil on the ground of expedience. –– Theodore Roosevelt

Aristotle
Anyone can become angry--that is easy, but to be angry with the right person, to the right
degree, at the right time, for the right purpose, and in the right way-- that is not easy.

He has no friends who has many friends.

He who is unable to live in society, or who has no need because he is sufficient for himself,
must be either a beast or a god.
Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities.

Some men are just as firmly convinced of what they think as others are of what they know.

Arthur Conan Doyle:
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Benjamin Disraeli:
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics.
No government can be long secure without a formidable opposition.
Experience is the child of thought, and thought is the child of action. We cannot learn men
from books

Benjamin Franklin: In the affairs of this World, Men are Saved, not by Faith, but by the want
of it.

Bertrand Russel:
Collision is as necessary to produce virtue in men, as it is to illicit fire in inanimate matter;
and so chivalry is the essence of the virtue.

Drunkenness is temporary suicide; the happiness that it brings is merely negative, a momentary cessation of unhappiness.

Freedom in general may be defined as the absence of obstacles to the realization of desires.

CharlesDickens:
Circumstances alter choices.
I want to be something so much worthier than the doll in the doll’’s house.
There are strings in the human heart that had better not be vibrated

Chesterton G K
Bigotry may be roughly defined as anger of men who have no opinions.
A lie told often enough becomes the truth.

Lenin
Cynicism is knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.
Al Capone

All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.
H. L. Mencken

If living conditions don't stop improving in this country, we're going to run out of humble beginnings for our great men.
Russell P. Askue

I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there.
Richard Feynman

God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh.
Voltaire

Oh, I don't blame Congress. If I had $600 billion at my disposal, I'd be irresponsible, too.
Lichty & Wagner

Those who welcome death have only tried it from the ears up.
Wilson Mizner

I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple.
Oscar Wilde

If an elderly but distinguished scientist says that something is possible he is almost certainly right, but if
he says that it is impossible he is very probably wrong.
Arthur C. Clarke

The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.
Alfred Hitchcock (1899 - 1980)

I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals. I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants.
A. Whitney Brown

When men are pure, laws are useless; when men are corrupt, laws are broken.
Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.
Voltaire

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter
bullet.
Dave Barry

Just once, I wish we would encounter an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets
Brigader Lethbridge-Stewart, in "Dr. Who"

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Harry S Truman

An intelligence test sometimes shows a man how smart he would have been not to have taken it.
Laurence J. Peter

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.
F. Scott Fitzgerald

If all economists were laid end to end, they would not reach a conclusion.
George Bernard Shaw

You can't have a light without a dark to stick it in.
Arlo Guthrie

Anybody can win unless there happens to be a second entry.
George Ada (1866 - 1944)

He's the kind of a guy who lights up a room just by flicking a switch.
Unknown

Nobody outside of a baby carriage or a judge's chamber believes in an unprejudiced point of view.
Lillian Hellman (1907 - 1984)

You live and learn. At any rate, you live.
Douglas Adams

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.
Caron de Beaumarchais

We're going to have the best-educated American people in the world.
Dan Quayle, 9/21/88

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.
Fred Hoyle

"My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to 99 cents a
can. That's almost $7.00 in dog money."
-- Joe Weinstein

"If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have
known will go to heaven, and very, very few persons."
-- James Thurber

"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are
wonderful."
-- Ann Landers

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax
and get used to the idea."
-- Robert A. Heinlein

"In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone
should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him."
-- Dereke Bruce, Taipei, Taiwan

"When a man's best friend is his dog, that dog has a problem."
-- Edward Abbey

"Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it
look like the dog did it."
-- Unknown

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his
tail."
-- Unknown

No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the
dog does."
-- Christopher Morley

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves
himself."
-- Josh Billings

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite
you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
-- Mark Twain

"Things that upset a terrier may pass virtually unnoticed by a Great
Dane."
-- Smiley Blanton

"I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed
contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are
nuts."
-- John Steinbeck

"Dogs come when you call them. Cats take a message and get back to you."
-- Unknown

"Life is like a dog sled team........if you aren't the lead dog, the
scenery never changes."

It is easier to fight for one's principles
than to live up to them.
-- Alfred Adler

There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral
book. Books are well written or badly written.
-- Oscar Wilde

We must believe in luck.
For how else can we explain the success of those
we don't like?
-- Jean Cocteau

Ummmmm, Q.....

Just how many favs do you have?! lol

"I may vehimently disagree with what a man says. But, I'll fight to the death to defend his right to say it." (not exact, but close) I believe it was by Thomas Payne.

Ann

well...

It's a hobby...I have a lot of them and I enjoy savoring them when time permits. There's a lot of good sites for anyone else who enjoys the flavor of a good quote...gotta love the internet! Q

Not True...

In 1936 Britain and France were just as unprepared for war as they were in 1939. Had they started the war then they both would have lost. The U Boat blitz would have started earlier, the technology to beat the Germans wasn't there yet and wouldn't be available until late 1942. The US would not have gotten involved in any way shape or form and were even weaker than Britain. The Japanese weren't even viewing a war with the US as necessary or desired in 1936. So there would have been no spark to get the US involved. No matter the outcome of the European war the US viewed the war against Germany as a strictly intramural affair and would not have gotten involved. Without the US Britain would have slowly strangled. The Brits waited until 1939 to do anything because that was her first reasonable chance to challenge the Germans without getting whupped. Things in history do not happen by accident. A 1936 start would have been a disaster for Britain. Churchill was a master of applying his version of historical context after the fact, BUT he usually did it incorrectly.

Tron

my favorite Churchill

Courage is the first of human qualities, because it is the quality which gaurantees all of the others.
- Winston Churchill

churchill was correct

I must agree with Winston, not with you.

While you are correct in saying that France and Britain were as unprepared in 1936 as they were in 1939, it is clear that Germany spent those three years getting more prepared, and gaining both territory and personnel. Some of the territory acquired was industrial.

The Germans built many airplanes, annexed Austria, took the Seudetenland, and invaded the rump of the Czech state. This gave them more industry, more soldiers, and gave Britain and France one less ally (the Czechs).

Also, in 1936, the Soviet Union had not yet signed a non-agression pact with Germany.

Some of the Austrian soldiers were quite zealous Nazis. Did you know that Austria comprised only 8% of the Third Reich in population after the Anschluss, but over 30% of the SS were Austrians? (Source: William Shirer in "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.")

As to how the war would have gone in 1936, we will never be able to prove anything, but it is indisputable that the German Reich had not yet gained these new territories, including potential soldiers willing to fight for the Reich.

I will agree with you that the entry of the United States into the war was crucial for the Allies.

More Churchill Bluster

My point is. Churchill was just putting on a front. I believe in 36 he was the First Lord Of The Admiralty and you MIGHT, if you feel like using your head, start looking into his assessments of British Military and Naval strength vs German strength. Again he made his statements about historical perspective AFTER the fact. Facts are in 1936 Churchill KNEW the Brits couldn't win a war against Germany. The RAF was just a pipe dream and over 40% of the British Fleet was being modernized AND more importantly she hadn't started a program of moder ship construction. Churchill KNEW they'd get thumped, It didn't matter what happened on land. Once the French were out of it so were the Brits. And France would have been crushed in 36 just as she wwas in 1940. Britain didn't have the capability to handle the Germans in 36. She simply didn't have the weapons. Churchill also knew Germany would have strangled British sea communicatoions and there was nothing Britain could do about it in 36. Technology hadn't caught up to the U Boat. Hell even when it did Britain was a few weeks away from being effectively removed as a viable protagonist. Churchill knew this, as was par for his course anything he said after an event, was blown out of proportion. Britain would have been whomped and most likely later on the US would have only fought a Pacific war.
About the only things Churchill was correct in were his predictions about the oncoming Russian Bear. He was right on the mark. Otherwise he was excellent at making himself look good after the fact.

Tron

After reading Q's....I don't feel so wordy now. :p @ Q! I've always thought there was more to a quotation than simply what the person said at the moment. Maybe it's the deconstructionist lurking in my brain, but I tend to read way too much into things. LOL! These are some of my favorites!

"Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead." - Admiral D.G. Farragut, 1864, at the Battle of Mobile Bay

"Cannon to the right of them,
Cannon to the left of them,
Volley'd and thunder'd;
Storm'd at with shot and shell,
Boldly they rode and well,
Into the jaws of Death,
Into the mouth of Hell,
Rode the six hundred." - Afred Tennyson, "The Charge of the Light Brigade"

"Show me a thoroughly satisfied man, and I will show you a failure." - Thomas Edison

"For my confirmation, I didn't get a watch and my first pair of long pants like most Lutheran boys. I got a telescope. My mother thought it would make thebest gift." - Wernher Von Braun (For those who don't know, he was a rocket scientist worthy of note.)

John F Kennedy on Winston Churchill conferring honorary citizenship in 1963: "In the dark days and darker nights when England stood alone - and most men save Englishmen despaired for England's life - he mobilized the English language and sent it into battle. The incandescent quality of his words illuminated the courage of his countrymen."

"The average man is more interested in a woman who is interested in him than he is in a woman - any woman - with beautiful legs." Marlene Dietrich

And my favorite????

"Hitch your wagon to a star." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Historian Shelby Foote told this story. If it's not true, it ought to be.

A Conederate soldier, guilty of some major transgression, was escorted under guard into General Robert E. Lee's office. Lee, seeing that the man was quaking with fear, said, "Do not be afraid. You will get justice here."

"General," the man replied, "that's exactly what I'm afraid of!"

Strelnikov

I could'nt resist this one...........

Cat: Well I think it's time to put on the jet powered rocket pants and junior Birdman the hell outta here!

Kryten: An excellent and inventive suggestion sir, with just two minor drawbacks. Firstly we don't own any jet powered rocket pants. And secondly there is no such thing as jet powered rocket pants outside of the cartoon "Robbie Rocket Pants".

Cat: Well that puts a crimp on an otherwise damn fine plan.

What's New

3/29/2024
The TMF Gathering forums keep you up to date on where and when folk are meeting up.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back