• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Has anyone seen True Grit?

socktickler86

1st Level Red Feather
I just got back from seeing this movie and I have to say, I felt like I was just punched in the face and robbed of $8 matinee pricing. Why is this movie being heralded as such a great movie? In all honesty, if you're going to remake a movie from 40 years ago, you better do a damn good job with it! You don't have to put any effort into creating a story line (and from what I hear, even the dialogue), so you better do the rest of the aspects of the movie well.

I rather not go into the details of why I hated it since people may not have seen it, but I must ask if anyone else feels this movie is not even close to worthy of the hype it received?

I loved it. I liked it better than the original, in fact. They did a fantastic job of adapting the original novel, a much more faithful adaptation than the original film. I really don't think there was anything NOT to like about the performances by Jeff Bridges and Hailee Steinfeld. It's one of the best movies that came out in 2010, in my opinion.

I liked it. Then again, I never go by any "expert" with their "review" or any sort of hype about the movie. I can research it on my own without them having to tell me whether it's worth it or not.

I wanted to punch that girl in the face everytime she mentioned her lawyer. Then they shot the horse :-/. What the hell.

I was skeptical when I went to see it because I am a John Wayne fan. I thought they did a good job however.

its going to be hard to beat John Wayne in my option, but i will have to see it to find out.

I don't have a problem with the original, but I preferred this one immensely. Strange as it may seem for two of the most original filmmakers in the last 50 years, but the Coen Bros. were the perfect team to adapt this project. Their gallows humor worked perfectly for the setting and the story.

If there's a weakness in the story and dialogue socktickler86, then blame Charles Portis and not the Coens, because they practically ripped entire sections word-for-word from his novel. And personally, I'd like to see more movies with dialogue like this (in fact, I just might try to make some myself).

And yes, Mattie can be irritating with her constant mentioning of her lawyer, but you gotta keep in mind, she's a bull-headed self-righteous stick in the mud who was raised by her father to play hardball with businesspeople; considering how sheltered she was and how often people try to screw her out of money, she's probably had to do it so often that it's become habit. I'd imagine the Rooster-LaBoeuf expedition is the first time she's ever been in a situation where her business training doesn't work and she doesn't know how to adjust.

I'll agree that it's nowhere NEAR the best Coen Bros. movie, but it's certainly not their worst, and even their worst movies are worth watching at least twice.

Saw both, liked both, but I appreciate the Coen's version a little more for the very simple fact that they shot the night scenes as night scenes. Citing the dangers of an average-sized campfire, asking who wants to hear the story of "The Midnight Caller" and opening the door of the dugout and asking "Who's out there?!" makes little sense in broad daylight. Throw in Bridges' slurring-drunk Cogburn, the bear-skinned mountain man dentist and the ending, and I've gotta' say the Coen's version has a strong edge over the John Wayne version.

I'll agree that it's nowhere NEAR the best Coen Bros. movie, but it's certainly not their worst, and even their worst movies are worth watching at least twice.

Gotta agree here. I'm a big fan or theirs and I thought they did a great job with this movie. The more I see of Jeff Bridges the more I like him as actor, he's just got a great presence.

I saw it and thought it was very good as well compared to the original. They took the hokey factor out of the original and I for one feel like it lived up to it's name.

You are of course more then entitled to dislike this version.

I actually really enjoyed it. Westerns normally aren't my thing but this one was really enjoyable. I can't compare it to the original since I have never seen that one though. The only thing I didn't like was the lack of contractions when they were speaking.

I think I've made it known that I Hate remakes! And if there is one thing I hate more than remakes its that I hate, hate hate HAAATE the Coen Brothers. I mean I could go on and on about how much I utterly despised Burn After Reading and Fargo! With that being said...

I Loved True Grit!!!

I'm not sure if I can say that it was better than the original but it is on par and in aspects I think both had they're strengths and weaknesses. I thought it was well acted, had great cinematography, had a good story, faithful to the original novel, and all around it was no bullshit and a straight up good western film.

I guess I'm never getting a job as a newspaper's movie critic.

Then again..... I think everyone liked it because that girl got spanked.

pervs... :)

What's New

4/19/2024
Check out the huge number of thicklign clips that can be found at Clips4Sale. The webs biggest fetish clip store!
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back