• The TMF is sponsored by Clips4sale - By supporting them, you're supporting us.
  • >>> If you cannot get into your account email me at [email protected] <<<
    Don't forget to include your username

The TMF is sponsored by:

Clips4Sale Banner

Adviced needed. How to comfort someone grieving

People who recently lost someone like a father or mother tend to need help with the little things that they are typically capable of doing on their own. Some people are so overwhelmed at this sudden change in their life that they forget to do simple things (they also might not even have time depending on how much stuff needs to be done in association with someone passing away). Offer to get her groceries for the week, help clean up, do her yard work of applicable, etc.

Just make yourself available and offer to do things. A person has to deal with their loss in their own way and if it means reaching out to someone, it'll be good that she knows you're available.

These situations are very awkward to me. i never know what the right thing is to say. i usually try not to say too much in fear of accidentally saying something stupid.

People who recently lost someone like a father or mother tend to need help with the little things that they are typically capable of doing on their own. Some people are so overwhelmed at this sudden change in their life that they forget to do simple things (they also might not even have time depending on how much stuff needs to be done in association with someone passing away). Offer to get her groceries for the week, help clean up, do her yard work of applicable, etc.

Just make yourself available and offer to do things. A person has to deal with their loss in their own way and if it means reaching out to someone, it'll be good that she knows you're available.

This is excellent advice. JDP22, I'm sorry for your friends loss. I lost my dad to cancer in 1982 and a brother in 2000. Even when you know it's coming you are never really prepared for it. Perhaps this poem can also give your friend some comfort.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

Mary Elizabeth Frye.

In cases like these your ears will be much more valuable than your speech. Don't worry about saying anything. Just be there when they need to talk about it and you'll have offered the biggest comfort possible.

In cases like these your ears will be much more valuable than your speech. Don't worry about saying anything. Just be there when they need to talk about it and you'll have offered the biggest comfort possible.

This. Well, for me anyways.

I lost my mom to cancer back in 2008 and I didn't want to talk about it all that much but when I did, it helped/helps to have someone just listen and be there for you.

I'm sorry about your friend's loss. :(

What Noodz said :)

Just lend an ear and let them grieve and vent if and as necessary. There's no time table on grief. My condolences to your friend :twohugs:

I lost my mother a little over a year ago. May emotions run through you. I know the best thing I had were friends that would just let me vent. Any guilt, frustration, anger ect. It really meant a lot to me. I was very close to my mother so it was not easy. Just be a friend.

Just dont pick her up and throw her on your bed when she was looking out the window and pull her pants down and make her cry after an embarrassing performance and you should be okay

There is no one-size-fits-all approach to comforting someone who is grieving. Everyone is different and will respond differently to various forms of comfort. However, some general tips on how to comfort someone who is grieving include:

1. Listen: Listen to what the person is saying and offer support. Let them know that you are there for them and will be willing to help in any way you can.

2. Offer help: Ask the person if there is anything you can do to help. Offer to run errands, cook meals, or help with other tasks.

3. Show your presence: Show your presence through a hug, a simple gesture, or a kind word.

4. Share memories: Share memories of the person who has passed away. Talk about the good times you shared and the things you appreciated about that person.

5. Validate their feelings: Acknowledge the person's feelings and let them know that it is okay to feel the way they do.

6. Give them space: Give the person space to grieve in their own way. Everyone processes grief differently and some may need more space than others.

7. Encourage self-care: Encourage the person to look after themselves. Suggest activities such as yoga, exercise, or other activities that will help them cope.

8. Invite them to do something: Invite them to do something fun or relaxing. This can help take their mind off of the grief and give them a break from the sadness.

What's New

4/24/2024
If you need to report a post, click the 'report' button to its lower left.
Tickle Experiment
Door 44
NEST 2024
Register here
The world's largest online clip store
Live Camgirls!
Live Camgirls
Streaming Videos
Pic of the Week
Pic of the Week
Congratulations to
*** brad1701 ***
The winner of our weekly Trivia, held every Sunday night at 11PM EST in our Chat Room
Back